Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Repeat Offenders
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Melanie Deanne Moore (formerly Melanie Paxson)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Melanie Deanne Moore (formerly Melanie Paxson)
    Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 12:03am
Chubby brunette who I've seen in at least 3 commercials in one day. Found two of them...

Sponsored Links

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 2:57pm
She used to be in the 1-800-DENTIST commercials.  Aside from the fact that her character was obnoxious, I found her voice to be grating.  I still do.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 4:13pm

Are you talking about this one, Faith?

That's a different girl.  Her name is Suzi Barrett.  She's also in the Esurance commercials.   

They do kinda look alike, though.

ambrosia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ambrosia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 9:27pm
And now she is in a yogurt commercial.  I think it's yoplait. Ermm She is so annoying!!
flabbergasted View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote flabbergasted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 9:18pm
Why did they pick a woman who sounds like a squeaky five-year old boy to be in so many commercials? The Yoplait one really gets me. Her voice makes me want to rub the sides of my head with cheese graters. That might be what these companies are going for with someone so off-putting, but I don't give a crap about their yogurt, insurance, or hardware.
mst3k4evr View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mst3k4evr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 11:31pm
She's in a new Fiber One commercial (for those snack bars) where her husband catches her pretending that she made them herself.

(No video for it yet.)
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 3:57am
I just caught a quick glimpse of her on some TV show called The Exes.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 4:18am
I had a teacher in 8th grade who had the same hairdo as the one she has in the Flo commercial.

That was around 1971.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
mst3k4evr View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mst3k4evr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 6:27pm
I just saw her in a commercial for Milo's Kitchen dog foog (no video for that one either). She really gets around.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2012 at 5:31pm
Saw her the other day in a Target "back-to-school" commercial.  She's the lead singer of some bubblegum group doing We Got the Beat, but with different lyrics.

Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 6:37pm
Beady eyes, greasy hair, annoying voice, thunder thighs. Perfect. Dead
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 6:56pm
I like her dog treat commercial--that dog is so cute.  And I was confusing them sometimes though I think Suzy Barrett is a tad younger.  I like all of the ads SB is in except the Metamucil(?), some fiber product, and she is on an excercise bike or something.  She almost looks demented and her hair looks stupid, too.  IMO, most adult women (and men), don't look good in side-of-the head pigtails. Wink
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 10:11pm

I see the similarities, but I don't confuse the two.  Barrett appeals to me.  Moore, not so much.  They're both cute, but Barrett seems like a rock and roll chick, while Moore's more the career girl/young soccer Mom.

ambrosia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ambrosia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 12:16am
Melanie Paxson Moore whateverhernameis is trying to fit into whatever demographic the advertisers are looking for.  Seemingly single chubby girl in progressive and yoplait.  Domesticated doggy mom in the dog treat ones.  Cool, hip, headed towards middle age woman in the Target ones.  Housewife in the Fiber One ones.

How are advertisers not feeling she is getting WAY to overexposed at this point??  She is just quirky (annoying/squeaky) enough to be VERY memorable, and I don't think she can be taken seriously when hawking anything at this point since it's clear she's just taking jobs for a paycheck.  She is all over the damn place!!  Grrrrrrr!! Angry
Mareca123 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mareca123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 12:35pm
"I'm in deep, babe."   When she says that at the end, I want to throw a brick through the tv.
jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 5:45pm

apparently I'm the only one in the world, but I actually think she's really cute.  The voice doesn't bother me, but these commercials are small doses.  Listening to it every day could be a different situation.. 

Thethelia thinkth my thoriathith ith thexthy
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 12:58am
Please stop the pain! I suffered through seven Fiber One " i'm in deep babe" commercials in a little over 1hr! Fortunately only one of these was the full length version.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 10:51am
She kind of reminds me of Megan Mullally.  Which is a bit ironic, as her character in the Progressive commercial's name is Megan.
catnapped View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catnapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 12:57pm
Didn't she also do Glad bags commercials years ago?
mst3k4evr View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mst3k4evr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 6:48am
She was on an episode of Last Man Standing that aired last night (or tonight if you're on the west coast).
mst3k4evr View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mst3k4evr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 1:13am
I just saw her in a commercial for Red Robin.
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 3:28am
Two more...

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 3:51am
Originally posted by musicman musicman wrote:

She kind of reminds me of Megan Mullally.  Which is a bit ironic, as her character in the Progressive commercial's name is Megan.
First thing I thought when the commercial came on.
Whitedog127 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitedog127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 2:29am
I just saw her in two new Red Robin commercials...guess she's had enough 'yummy scrumptious' Fiber One bars, and is ready for a burger!
Scarlett_O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlett_O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 1:01am
I tend to agree with the Megan mullaly likeness. For the longest time I thought that's who it was, made me think, oh Karen good to see you back on tv....i think that's the card they are using with this actress.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic