Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Family Guy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asnotseenontv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Family Guy
    Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 10:12pm
I HATE THIS FRIGGIN SHOW IT'S NOT FUNNY JUST OFFENSIVE AND IT HAS THE LAMEST ANIMATION STYLE I'VE EVER SEEN.

Seriously, the show is f**ked up in it's sense of humor. It used to be funny before it was canceled/revived, then it began to become "Make Fun Of Everyone Who Acts/Thinks Different Than You Do: The Series".
Coffee- The new opiate of the people.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 10:23pm
I think the show's funny.  When it segues for barely any discernible reason, into entire Conway Twitty videos from the 1970s, I crack up.
Asnotseenontv View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asnotseenontv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I think the show's funny.  When it segues for barely any discernible reason, into entire Conway Twitty videos from the 1970s, I crack up.

Sometimes it is  funny, I just don't like when they make entire episodes focusing on attacking someone the creator doesn't like(Christians, Republicans, anyone with a decent moral fiber). If they did it more like South Park and showed everyone (including the atheistic democratic Author Avatar Brian) to be stupid or dislikeable in their own way, I'd have less of a problem with it. However the way they present everyone but Brian as stupid or complete jerks shows me Seth Mcfarlane must be a very unpleasant person in real life.
TheDude22 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDude22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 10:29pm
It's ok, but I do agree it's humor is getting stale over the past few years. But if you want a bad comedy animated show, watch Ugly Americans.
Me hate Grammar Nazis.
Asnotseenontv View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asnotseenontv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 10:37pm
And shame the creator shares the same surname as one of my favorite comic book authors...Cry
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 11:05pm
It's a hoot!  Thor, the segues are the best part.....
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Asnotseenontv Asnotseenontv wrote:

Sometimes it is  funny, I just don't like when they make entire episodes focusing on attacking someone the creator doesn't like(Christians, Republicans, anyone with a decent moral fiber). If they did it more like South Park and showed everyone (including the atheistic democratic Author Avatar Brian) to be stupid or dislikeable in their own way, I'd have less of a problem with it. However the way they present everyone but Brian as stupid or complete jerks shows me Seth Mcfarlane must be a very unpleasant person in real life.

As one of those despicable conservatives myself, Asnotseenontv, I've grown used to that and, in fact, have come to expect it.  I just ignore that stuff.  It taints the show slightly for me, but not to the point that I won't watch it.  That, I reserve for Keith Olbermann.  Wink

Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 12:38am
Originally posted by Asnotseenontv Asnotseenontv wrote:

Decent moral fiber? What, only Christians and Republicans have the monopoly on decency?
Plus you probably missed that episode where Quagmire dissed Brian. You could probably find it on Youtube.
Sometimes the show annoys me deeply, most of the time it makes me laugh. I think south park is better. But still... dang, even atheists and heathens have SOME moral fiber. I'm a heathen and I have morals. I don't think homosexuality is immoral though and I never get why it's considered immoral... that doesn't make sense.
I used to totally hate Family Guy too, but it has its good moments and I sure like it better than King of the Hill. Dead
Also, there is the option of simply not watching a show that annoys you. Something that I should have learned ages ago.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 5:10am
There may be some funny stuff on Family Guy. But unlike George Costanza, I refuse to eat an eclair out of the garbage can.
Hundreds of threads killed.
Grant View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 3:18pm
I'm repeating stuff I've said before, but one reason I stopped was that the show became so preoccupied with "outing" gay people, whether it was non-fictional ones like Tom Cruise, or the Stewie character. Of course, that seems to be a huge preoccupation in the country in general now. Remember when it was mainly bigots who felt the need to expose gay people? - now it's non-bigots and gay people themselves who do that!
I agree about religious humor, not because it makes fun of religion, but because it gets so heavy-handed about it (which is also a problem with comedians in general). This show used to have genuinely "quirky" religious jokes instead of that.
And then there are the fart jokes. Even someone like me, who hates a huge amount of bathroom humor, can believe in such a thing as a funny fart joke. But this show just doesn't come up with them!

MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 4:06pm
"Family Guy" is now ripping new assholes on the Republicans and Christians.

When they had the Peter and Jesus episode...I felt that they 'Jumped the Shark'.

If my show "Bertstown" becomes a show...maybe I should do this. Ladies and Gentlemen...The Smothers Brothers....

Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 6:56pm
Again I say Futurama > Family Guy.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 7:11pm

giggity giggity!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 8:16pm
The family is trying to get Chris to meet girls.  He decides to try to meet some at the mall.  On the way out the door, Mom Lois gives him some words of advice:

"Chris, try to find a girl who smokes.  'Cuz if she smokes, she pokes."

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 3:44am

As one of those despicable conservatives myself, Asnotseenontv, I've grown used to that and, in fact, have come to expect it.  I just ignore that stuff.  It taints the show slightly for me, but not to the point that I won't watch it.  That, I reserve for Keith Olbermann.  Wink

Pooooooooooooor widdle conswervatives!!!!! Cry Cry Cry Cry

Always swaggering around with their flabby old white guy chests puffed out.... worshipping the ground that's walked on by the likes of Ann Coulter & Rush Limbaugh who've made careers out of spewing the vilest hate-filled puke imaginable, but get offended when some TV show has the temerity to smack them back a little....

Oh woe!!!!! CryCry

How do you poor widdle things even live?????????????? LOL LOL LOL LOL

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 3:46am
The Family Guy is pretty funny, but the humor is just not my style, so I never watch it.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 4:23am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Pooooooooooooor widdle conswervatives!!!!! Cry Cry Cry Cry

Always swaggering around with their flabby old white guy chests puffed out.... worshipping the ground that's walked on by the likes of Ann Coulter & Rush Limbaugh who've made careers out of spewing the vilest hate-filled puke imaginable, but get offended when some TV show has the temerity to smack them back a little....

Oh woe!!!!! CryCry

How do you poor widdle things even live?????????????? LOL LOL LOL LOL

Did I say I was offended?  "Offended" is what you liberals do.  Always offended about something.  Something the man in the government needs to make all better.

Mostly, I'm just amused when, in the middle of a sitcom, for instance, the main character goes on a rant about how everyone in the country has the right to government healthcare.  Right out of nowhere!  Right in the middle of a friggin' sitcom!  What the...???  WackoLOL

Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 4:35am
I wonder why that bothers me less than Orson Scott Card taking over a character and lecturing about why gays shouldn't get married and how only heterosexual marriage is good for society. Man that bugs me for some reason.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
TheDude22 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDude22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 4:37am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Are you serious? Futurama has been going downhill since Comedy Central got their hands on the show.
Me hate Grammar Nazis.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 4:48am
Originally posted by Synesthesia Synesthesia wrote:

I wonder why that bothers me less than Orson Scott Card taking over a character and lecturing about why gays shouldn't get married and how only heterosexual marriage is good for society. Man that bugs me for some reason.

Because you agree with one and not the other, maybe?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 5:04am

Did I say I was offended?  "Offended" is what you liberals do.  Always offended about something.  Something the man in the government needs to make all better.

Welllllllllllllll, you did say......

I've grown used to that and, in fact, have come to expect it.  I just ignore that stuff.  It taints the show slightly for me,....

Sounds like you took a little offense.

Mostly, I'm just amused when, in the middle of a sitcom, for instance, the main character goes on a rant about how everyone in the country has the right to government healthcare.  Right out of nowhere!  Right in the middle of a friggin' sitcom!  What the...???  WackoLOL

Sounds like you need to watch better TV shows!!!! Big%20smile LOL

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 5:06am
I was just watching Nightline on ABC.

They did a segment on Sarah Silverman.

She's dating one of the writers from Family Guy.

That's why I came back to this thread.

To report that to everyone.

Make myself feel important.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 5:09am
Originally posted by TheDude22 TheDude22 wrote:

Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Are you serious? Futurama has been going downhill since Comedy Central got their hands on the show.

I didn't even know Futurama was still in production!!!

I thought they quit making that show years ago.

That's what happens when you don't have cable.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 5:09am
Wow.... three posts in a row!!!

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 5:10am
Wait..... FOUR now.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic