Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A1 Steak Sauce - Rich Guy Steals Burger

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A1 Steak Sauce - Rich Guy Steals Burger
    Posted: 31 May 2009 at 3:16am
Okay, this commercial was around before, but I just saw it today twice in one commercial break. It starts with some guy in a fancy restaurant putting A1 steak sauce (something I've personally been doing for years before there was a commercial for it). Then, some rich old guy looks over and asks, "A1? On a burger?!" Then the guy says, "Yeah." The old guy then asks for the A1 sauce and when the guy reaches for it, the old guy STEALS HIS BURGER and starts the guy does absolutely nothing. He just sits there.

First of all...if some pompous rich guy stole my burger, I would be giving him a talking to, not staring with my mouth open. Second of all, there's no way someone would just reach over and take his burger WHEN HE ALREADY HAD FOOD IN FRONT OF HIM. I know it's supposed to be funny and all, but commercials that try to seem realistic while having a ridiculous situation really annoy me.
Sponsored Links

MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2009 at 4:11am
I hope he pays for that poor guy's burger! 
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2009 at 8:45am
I can't stand A1 on anything, but that is just me. But if anyone pulled that stunt on me for real, the first thing that would happen is I would remove the cap from the bottle and pour it in his lap, and say something witty like "how about a little sauce to go with my burger". If that angers the thief, I'd tell him I'll pay for his cleaning, if he replaces my meal.

Or perhaps, since he obviously likes A1 sauce so much, maybe I'd pour it all over his food, including his salad, his soup, his green beans, his slice of cheery pie, his glass of wine if he has one, his water or Coke glass if not, or into his coffee mug, and tell him to enjoy the A1!!!
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2009 at 10:24am
Many a fine steak house will have an equally if not finer burger on their menu. Many chefs (like me) have a deep respect for the common burger, I have often chosen them over steaks.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2009 at 2:19pm
I just saw somewhere that Morton's now offers a $5.00 hamburger.  I'll bet that's a good one.
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 5:05am
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

I just saw somewhere that Morton's now offers a $5.00 hamburger.  I'll bet that's a good one.

Ooh what will Carl's Jr/Hardee's do now?

Although has anyone else noticed that lately their so called "6 dollar burgers" are edging closer and closer to an actual 6 dollars?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic