Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cousin from Boston jerkoff

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazuzu413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cousin from Boston jerkoff
    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 4:23am
Why would Sam Adams think I would find anything charming about this piece of southie trash. In fact, when did this obnoxious accent become a thing.
Nemo me impune lacessit
Sponsored Links

Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 1:21pm
Sounds like the guy who makes the Chevy prank commercials. Dubbed voice.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 3:47pm
"Southie"?? Should we know what that means?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

"Southie"?? Should we know what that means?

Probably south Boston or something.

Would be nice to at least see a video of the ad.

Mon aéroglisseur est plein d'anguilles.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 3:59pm
Yeah, that's what it is. But I had to look it up. That's not really common knowledge.

Yeah, and as usual, should've had the product name in the title rather than the opinion.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 5:07pm
Some of our CIH'ers need a refresher course in forum etiquette.

1.) Put product name in title of post.

2.) Clearly explain what your beef is with the ad.

3.) If possible, post a video. If no video is available, possibly a screenshot from a Google Image search.

In short, don't be a lazy poster.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 5:13pm
I did a Google Image search and immediately found these three screenshots....

I believe each one is related to a YouTube video of each ad, so no reason not to post something visual.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 5:26pm
I tried to find the commercial yesterday...

I can't complain but sometimes I still do
Pazuzu413 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazuzu413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 6:17pm
I said Sam Adams in the first sentence.
Nemo me impune lacessit
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Dejoh Dejoh wrote:

Sounds like the guy who makes the Chevy prank commercials. Dubbed voice.
It does sound like Mahk!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Pazuzu413 Pazuzu413 wrote:

I said Sam Adams in the first sentence.

So, if I wanna find the thread about Sam Adams, I can't just scan down the topic list; I have to do a search??

The topic line is for the topic. The post/reply box is where you editorialize.

Your subject line should've been "Sam Adams/Cousin from Boston". That gives me the name of the product and some specifics about which Sam Adams commercial the thread is about.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 7:01pm
Jeez!  And I'm the bitch 'moderator' wanna be. Give the guy a break, we were able to figure out what he was talking about. Better than some of Donna's offspring who make no sense at all.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 8:24pm

Well, ir's not the crime if the century. It's just about learning to use this forum.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Jeez!  And I'm the bitch 'moderator' wanna be. Give the guy a break, we were able to figure out what he was talking about. Better than some of Donna's offspring who make no sense at all.

This is no time for you to become Mr. Sensitive N. Understanding, aka ron.

Stick to your pistolas!!!
Brendalou View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brendalou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 2:18pm
To be honest, here.....I consider myself to be computer literate. This site is not very user friendly when it comes to posting videos. I tried, I failed, and I'm busy. I'd start more posts if it was easier to use. But this..."copy this, omit that part, paste from this point" thing is for the birds. 

That's all I have to say about that.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Brendalou Brendalou wrote:

To be honest, here.....I consider myself to be computer literate. This site is not very user friendly when it comes to posting videos. I tried, I failed, and I'm busy. I'd start more posts if it was easier to use. But this..."copy this, omit that part, paste from this point" thing is for the birds. 

It's very simple once you do it a couple of times.

Just copy everything in the YouTube url code that's behind the = sign, then paste it in between bracketed [ ] tube & /tube tags.

Once in awhile you'll run into an oddball YouTube code that has some extra crap in it that you have to delete, but they mostly all work.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 3:51pm
In all fairness to Brendalou, though, this site hasn't changed much (in the way we post videos and pics and links) since I joined up in 2006. Youtube itself was in its infancy. I dunno---maybe all old forums are like this??

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 4:21pm

In all fairness to Brendalou, though, this site hasn't changed much (in the way we post videos and pics and links) since I joined up in 2006. Youtube itself was in its infancy. I dunno---maybe all old forums are like this??

This forum uses Web Wiz free software. Most forums nowadays use V-Bulletin

Better overall experience, but video posting is even more complex than here.

There is one called Invision Community where, to post a pic or video, all you need to do is copy/paste the url directly into the post field and bingo, it pops right up.

OTOH, it also picks up any text formatting from other sites, like size, font, etc., so if you paste some text that you want to appear the same size and font as your default forum size and font, you'll get something different, then you have to highlight it and change it. 

There are some other oddities associated with it as well. It's all a trade off.

There is one called XenForo that another forum I post on uses and it seems to be the easiest all around to use. 

Has a nice look and feel to it and also has those automatic pic and video posting features.

I'd like to see this forum switch to it, but I doubt the time and effort would be expended on such a venture.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 4:36pm
True. I think Nathan would just as soon close the site. He doesn't seem to have as much interest in it as he used to. Hell, it's 24 years old!!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 4:58pm
It's different posting videos on other sites too.  I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, once you figure it out it's becomes pretty easy. Even iSpot videos.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 5:35pm

True. I think Nathan would just as soon close the site. He doesn't seem to have as much interest in it as he used to. Hell, it's 24 years old!!

I don't know about that.  Since he brought the ads on board, he might even make a little money from it.  I'm not sure what the topic was, some time ago a member was giving him a lot of sh*t. He declared that this is his baby!
Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 6:41pm

" It's very simple once you do it a couple of times.

Just copy everything in the YouTube url code that's behind the = sign, then paste it in between bracketed [ ] tube & /tube tags.

Once in awhile you'll run into an oddball YouTube code that has some extra crap in it that you have to delete, but they mostly all work."  

Can't get any clearer than this.  Thanks to all the contributors.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

True. I think Nathan would just as soon close the site. He doesn't seem to have as much interest in it as he used to. Hell, it's 24 years old!!

I don't know about that.  Since he brought the ads on board, he might even make a little money from it.  I'm not sure what the topic was, some time ago a member was giving him a lot of sh*t. He declared that this is his baby!

I think more significant than any money he might receive, is the exposure and possible notoriety he might enjoy in the advertising and media industries.

I sometimes wonder if advertisers and marketing/PR companies monitor websites like this one for reactions and opinions about advertising, etc.

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 7:29pm
I sometimes wonder if advertisers and marketing/PR companies monitor websites like this one for reactions and opinions about advertising, etc.

If Flo, Toyota Jan, Geico whatever Limu Emu & Gain WeeTodd prove anything, those A-holes don't monitor JACK..they keep spewing out rehashed garbage and continuous buffoonery while giving a nod to whatever is the latest armageddon aka racial unrest and that one forgotten thing..what was it?
COVID? i cant remember Thumbs Up
...Relax in yer PUPPY Pants....
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

If Flo, Toyota Jan, Geico whatever Limu Emu & Gain WeeTodd prove anything, those A-holes don't monitor JACK..they keep spewing out rehashed garbage and continuous buffoonery while giving a nod to whatever is the latest armageddon aka racial unrest and that one forgotten thing..what was it?
COVID? i cant remember Thumbs Up
With COVID? losing interest I noticed on internet news this morning the old West Nile Virus scare was being resurrected. 
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic