Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Correct? (maybe)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correct? (maybe)
    Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 1:33am
With nothing left to do but get arrested or wash the dog's dish I turned on the TV......... And into the "Arts & Entertainment" channel thinking I may learn something. Boy was I surprised.

At that moment there was a version of 'COPS" or "LIVE PD" or one of those shows............... And they were about to give someone a breath test with an official looking gadget. Now this states, and the known civilized wolds, legal limit is 0.08. If you blow 0;07 you are free to go to church. If you blow 0.09 you are a criminal and should be made to ware a flowery shirt.

So the "arresting" officer digs around in his car and finds the gauge.........Then he tells this criminal to "Blow, BLOW, BLOW!" The man did as instructed and the result was 0.08...... CRIMINAL !!!!!!!

Then with as much fan fair as they could muster they slapped the cuffs on and away they all went.

STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My questions are: .............. When was this gauge last calibrated? What did the last criminal blow? How long ago? does the temperature effect the readings?

the difference between 0.07 and 0.08 is minor........... And their call will cost this driver $$$$THOUSANDS !!!!

I have tested things into the "parts per BILLION" and have taught many to use with caution. Field gauges are not to be trusted!

I don't encourage drinking and driving but these field testes are subject.
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 2:04am
Originally posted by (0)(0) (0)(0) wrote:

My questions are: .............. When was this gauge last
    calibrated? What did the last criminal blow? How long ago? does the
    temperature effect the readings?

the difference between 0.07 and 0.08 is minor........... And their
    call will cost this driver $$$$THOUSANDS !!!!

I have tested things into the "parts per BILLION" and have taught
    many to use with caution. Field gauges are not to be trusted!

I don't encourage drinking and driving but these field testes are
    subject.

All questions a DUI attorney will ask to poke the state's case full of holes and get the guy off, scot-free.
Mon aéroglisseur est plein d'anguilles.
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 5:43am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

All questions a DUI attorney will ask to poke the state's case full of holes and get the guy off, scot-free.

My point is...……………….. These field gauges should be suspect...…………. There is so much that can effect a good reading...……. And they are testing to a very small number. And the failure of a driver can cost him much.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 5:51am
Sounds more like the BT is used to get the driver to a jail setting where they can get a blood test to confirm the actual BAL.  Plus, they were playing to the camera...
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 6:00am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Sounds more like the BT is used to get the driver to a jail setting where they can get a blood test to confirm the actual BAL.  Plus, they were playing to the camera...

And that's the way it's SUPPOSE to happen. But I have seen people convicted on the breath test alone.

Just doesn't seem right or correct...….

And ………… sure...……………. They are playing to the camera.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 8:25pm
The only word the new-found criminal should utter is "lawyer".
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

If they are convicted and go to prison...……….. I don't think "BUBBA" will care if they have a lawyer. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 10:06pm

If they are convicted and go to prison...……….. I don't think "BUBBA" will care if they have a lawyer. 
Bubba will meet you in 'holding', no matter what - you WILL automagically get '3 hots and a cot (more likely the floor)' for one night before you get released 'ROR', but not conviction - at the time of arrest. And, oh yea - the menu? 
Dinner will prolly be baloney and feese on (not even 'Wonder') white bread and a grade school carton of day old milk  with your child on the back of the 'Have You Seen Me?' ad. You're starting with dinner because you got arrested after the bars opened, sometime after lunch.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because you really need something in the stomach to puke up and this will do! Scrambled feggs & facon with (not even 'Wonder') white bread toast (1 slice) and either sugar water juice or the now 2-day old milk with the picture of your missing child on the back - WAIT! It's not your kid! It's YOU!!! Maybe you just aren't seeing really well, but you really could use a hot shower about now as 'Bubba' is batting his eyes at you...
Lunch arrives when you are waking back up and wiping the puke from your face (it IS puke and it IS YOURS, right???!). The throbbing in your head wont stop, but at least you get last night's dinner leftovers of baloney and feese on (not even 'Wonder') white bread and a grade school carton of day old milk  with your neighbor's child on the back of the 'Have You Seen Me?' ad, right before you were to be released ROR 5 miles from home on a humid 90 degree day, you find yourself in another interrogation room to be questioned about the location of your neighbor's kid, even though this time, you really do not know.
So, NO! Ask for the lawyer before saying ANYTHING.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 10:15pm

Bubba will meet you in 'holding', no matter what - you WILL automagically get '3 hots and a cot (more likely the floor)' for one night before you get released 'ROR', but not conviction - at the time of arrest. And, oh yea - the menu? 
Dinner will prolly be baloney and feese on (not even 'Wonder') white bread and a grade school carton of day old milk  with your child on the back of the 'Have You Seen Me?' ad. You're starting with dinner because you got arrested after the bars opened, sometime after lunch.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because you really need something in the stomach to puke up and this will do! Scrambled feggs & facon with (not even 'Wonder') white bread toast (1 slice) and either sugar water juice or the now 2-day old milk with the picture of your missing child on the back - WAIT! It's not your kid! It's YOU!!! Maybe you just aren't seeing really well, but you really could use a hot shower about now as 'Bubba' is batting his eyes at you...
Lunch arrives when you are waking back up and wiping the puke from your face (it IS puke and it IS YOURS, right???!). The throbbing in your head wont stop, but at least you get last night's dinner leftovers of baloney and feese on (not even 'Wonder') white bread and a grade school carton of day old milk  with your neighbor's child on the back of the 'Have You Seen Me?' ad, right before you were to be released ROR 5 miles from home on a humid 90 degree day, you find yourself in another interrogation room to be questioned about the location of your neighbor's kid, even though this time, you really do not know.

But there's free medical.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 10:21pm

Not worth it.
You have to prove the blood and teeth are yours and being this is such a small town, doncha know that it turns out the 70-year old nurse is your mother's best friend, so you're not getting laid (yet...but 'Bubba' is waiting).
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 1:23am

Not worth it.
You have to prove the blood and teeth are yours and being this is such a small town, doncha know that it turns out the 70-year old nurse is your mother's best friend, so you're not getting laid (yet...but 'Bubba' is waiting).

Turning 70 is a bad thing?
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 2:03am

Not worth it.

No, but still having to work as a nurse in a crappy jail is a bad thing.  YMMV.
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 3:08am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Not worth it.

No, but still having to work as a nurse in a crappy jail is a bad thing.  YMMV.

Then I'll skip turning 70, becoming a nurse, and small town jails
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 5:43am
Just skip the small town jails and you'll be fine.  Wink
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 7:37am
I suspect a dona....
NomoFlo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NomoFlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 3:32am
The field test is preliminary and then you are transported to another location for an evidentiary breath test or blood test. Instead of worrying about asking for a lawyer how about you just don’t drink and drive? And just FYI many places will release you with a ticket and a court date unless it is aggravated or a third offense.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic