Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Puffins

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Puffins
    Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 9:41pm
I love the cereal, even have a box of the cinnamon version in my cabinet right now.

I HATE these new commercials they're running.  These smug puffins exaggerate what is most annoying about the healthy-living movement, the "superiority complex."

Puffins: Just be a good cereal.  There is no need for you to insult the walrus - or anyone else, including us consumers.

(I bet you took his bucket, didn't you.)

Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Sponsored Links

Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 10:52pm
This is part of the reason that I hate going to Whole Foods - it's filled with people just like the Puffin, and they treat everyone who doesn't come from their socio-economic background just like the Walrus (at least, this happens in the one near where I live).
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008 at 1:16am
Those Whole Foods stores clientèle are certainly a good ad for the lifestyle.

You almost never see anyone fat there, well,  except when I'm there.   LOL

Hoping not for long though.

pinkelephant View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkelephant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008 at 1:29am
I acually thought those adds where kind of funny and if not funny at least creative. I always appreciate creative commercials because so many commercials out there are just sooo boring. But they show them so offten that now they are just anoying. Many good, creative commercials have been ruined by overusing them. Geico Cave man, Visa Priceless, Mac V.s. Pc
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008 at 2:04am
Originally posted by pinkelephant pinkelephant wrote:

Many good, creative commercials have been ruined by overusing them. Geico Cave man, Visa Priceless, Mac V.s. Pc

It's actually Mastercard that uses the priceless campaign. It can't be that great if you don't remember the card its for LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008 at 2:21am
The Walrus reminds me of...
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008 at 8:51am
Pa, I'm guessing that's from Monty Python's The Meaning of Life.  If it is, I don't need to see that scene again.  EVER. Dead
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

Pa, I'm guessing that's from Monty Python's The Meaning of Life.  If it is, I don't need to see that scene again.  EVER. Dead
'guessing'? You ALREADY knew, Faith - and you know the end is the best - EVER. Big%20smile
Vlad The Impaler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vlad The Impaler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008 at 8:51pm
Those priceless ads are worthless. I'd like to see one where they talk about all the dumb-ass crap that's on television, and how much it costs, then at the end they say "TV without commercials...priceless." Now that would be worth something.

Anyway I hate all this smug-ass "healthy living" bullsh^t. Just give me a pack of cigarettes, a bottle of whiskey, and tub of trans-fat and I'll be happy.

Hey, the cigs keep my appetite down, the booze gives me energy (and keeps my appetite down) and the tub of lard is for when I actually do get hungry. Beef jerky is oK too. I tend to avoid anything that says "0 grams of trans fat." This is just a euphemism for "0 grams of taste."
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkelephant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008 at 9:23pm

I tend to avoid anything that says "0 grams of trans fat." This is just a euphemism for "0 grams of taste."

so do you not consume food accually cooked by someone, because only packaged foods have trans fat.
your probably joking... hopefully.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vlad The Impaler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008 at 9:46pm

I tend to avoid anything that says "0 grams of trans fat." This is just a euphemism for "0 grams of taste."

so do you not consume food accually cooked by someone, because only packaged foods have trans fat.
your probably joking... hopefully.

Somewhat joking, but isn't trans-fat actually "illegal" now? See, when the FDA or the Government tries to mommy us that just makes me want to go out and eat the hell out of whatever they deem "bad" for us. Americans too fat? Well, I guess legislation is the answer, huh? Well, I'm 6'1" weigh 195 and most of that is pure muscle, thank you very much and I mostly eat whatever the hell I want. I don't like daddy Gov looking over my shoulder when I eat.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkelephant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008 at 11:43pm

Well, when companys are trying to get away with putting whatever crap they want in our food, nobody is going to be able to stop them unless we have laws against it. There used to be all kinds of god awfull things in food before the FDA was created. Ketchup was made with rotten tomotoes and paint and other horrible things where added to make it red again. That was around the early 1900's but the only thing that stopped them was the law. Trans fat is like poison, even reletively small amounts can have negative affects. you may be in good shape now but who knows what your arteries look like. I'm glad it illegal.

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008 at 11:46pm
I went to an outdoor family festival today.  There were vendors with tables all over the place, giving away free samples of stuff like potato chips, crackers, juice, etc.

Barbara's was there, with a puffins table.

All they had was a bunch of display posters, and a lady behind a table with a small tupperware container filled with puffins and a "guess how many" sign.

Lame!
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2008 at 12:12am
vlad, how old are you?
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vlad The Impaler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2008 at 1:13am
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

vlad, how old are you?

I'm 37. And by the way, like another member here I eat coal and sh*t gunpowder.

Or vice-versa.

Ouch
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2008 at 1:18am
Originally posted by Vlad The Impaler Vlad The Impaler wrote:

Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

vlad, how old are you?

I'm 37. And by the way, like another member here I eat coal and sh*t gunpowder.

Or vice-versa.

Ouch

Boy, if you could do the vice versa, we'd have fewer murders and plenty of electricity!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2008 at 1:19am
Vlaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad! C'mon now - got all that figured out; Hooty's a great one; 'tis simple curiosity. By your writings, you simply seem a tad 'closer' to US - and that's a nice thing.Wink
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vlad The Impaler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2008 at 1:30am

Well, when companys are trying to get away with putting whatever crap they want in our food, nobody is going to be able to stop them unless we have laws against it. There used to be all kinds of god awfull things in food before the FDA was created. Ketchup was made with rotten tomotoes and paint and other horrible things where added to make it red again. That was around the early 1900's but the only thing that stopped them was the law. Trans fat is like poison, even reletively small amounts can have negative affects. you may be in good shape now but who knows what your arteries look like. I'm glad it illegal.

My arteries run pure gasloine, baby, and I feel like I could storm the castle! You put me with the 300 any day! And the FDA also take years to approve drugs that could be helpful to people and also approve drugs that are not. You think the FDA is here to protect you???? Hah! The FDA is a business. That means that they do things that will help further their cause. And this means not always being honest with the American population. And worse - they are a government business. Which means Joe Public is getting screwed more than he knows.

errrm...you people that have faith in the FDA are living in a world of misconception, blindness and faith in a government that doesn't have your best interest at heart.

aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2008 at 1:52am
Peanut Butter Puffins are the bomb!
"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2008 at 12:58pm

0 grams of transfat, doesn't necessarilly mean, 0 grams of trans fat.  It means really less than 1 gram of transfat.  So if you eat 4 servings in a row.......  Wink

Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkelephant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2008 at 10:32pm
then they have to say 0 grams of trans fat per serving
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic