Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rug Doctor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rug Doctor
    Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 3:41am
Really???  Pouring that nasty water down the kitchen sink after cleaning the carpet?  Hey lady, why don't you make your family a big ol' pot of cholera soup while you're at it?  I have a carpet cleaner, and that stuff always gets dumped out in the yard.  Can't imagine anyone actually pouring it down a sink (unless they wanted to do MORE cleaning), plus there is always the chance of accidently dropping the whole mess all over the floor while lifting it up.   The Rug Doctor ad manages to pour common sense down the drain to make a dramatic point.  And no doubt to encourage stupid people to use their product just like in the commercial....  Ermm
Sponsored Links

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 1:09pm
When I shampoo a rug, I take the canister of nasty "carpet water" and either dump it outside or pour it in the toilet. OuchDeadAngryDeadOuch

jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 8:14pm
When I do the carpets I usually pour the dirty water in the sink or toilet, whichever one's closer. It's not that gross, all you have to do is rinse your sink with a hot water spray afterward. After all, it's not like people prepare and chop food in their sinks.

What really sucked was one time I didn't secure the lid properly on the water tank, and about a gallon of brown liquid went crashing to the floor when I lifted it out to empty it.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 8:19pm
I must admit Mr. T....I have a Hoover, and the tank goes in the disposal side of the sink. I would not strain my tomatoes in that sink without a good disinfecting.
I can't complain but sometimes I still do
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 10:51pm
Toilet. 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 1:22pm
^ Hah!!  Are you a spammer?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 2:31pm

Originally posted by ecoclean ecoclean wrote:

You can trust your oriental rugs and other fine rugs to Eco-Clean. Our approach to cleaning oriental rugs combines old world craftsmanship with new technology. We clean your rug in our state-of-the-art rug cleaning plant to provide the finest possible results.

Using patented tools and equipment designed specifically for cleaning oriental rugs, our unique system utilizes the simple elements of air and water to provide the most thorough and effective, yet gentle cleaning.

F*ck the environment.  The environment can suck my dick.  When it comes to stains on my carpet, "air and water" just doesn't cut it.  I want chemicals!!  Beautiful, magical chemicals.  Chemicals that obliterate the stains, fill the air with their fragrant, unnatural parfum, and justify the $80 I'm spending to have the carpet cleaned.

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by ecoclean ecoclean wrote:

You can trust your oriental rugs and other fine rugs to Eco-Clean. Our approach to cleaning oriental rugs combines old world craftsmanship with new technology. We clean your rug in our state-of-the-art rug cleaning plant to provide the finest possible results.

Using patented tools and equipment designed specifically for cleaning oriental rugs, our unique system utilizes the simple elements of air and water to provide the most thorough and effective, yet gentle cleaning.

Green eggs & spam!!! Angry

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 3:47pm
Tube steak and Thighs.
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 4:41pm
I couldn't care less where she pours her dirty water, I'm just tired of the 'dingy carpet/bright shiny white carpet after one pass' crap. I've rented a Rug Doctor, and used it on carpet that wasn't nearly as "soiled" as the carpet in the spot (pun intended) that I saw. You know what it looked like? Damp, still-used carpet. Now, if the soiling of my carpet had occurred let's say... 5 minutes ago, and by some schmuck walking arond my living room with a lawn seeder full of paprika, then maybe.. just maybe, I'd have gotten results like the lady in the commercial.

Then again, I'd pour my paprika water down the utility tub drain. I don't want that crap where my food gets washed.. just in case I get all preoccupied with carpet de-seasoning and forget to wash out my sink.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 4:48pm

^  Yeah, that's my gripe with such commercials.  Not only is the soil unlike any soil I've ever seen in carpets, it's too evenly distributed---as if the corners of the room get as dirty as the pathways or the area in front of the couch.

Another gripe is that people with otherwise pristine homes, are letting their carpets get that dirty??  Kinda doubt it.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic