Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AT&T Annoying "you kids have it good" ads

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AT&T Annoying "you kids have it good" ads
    Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 12:15am
I'm sick of these ads where kids explain what life was before Uverse.

So damn annoying STFU kids!Angry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 12:19am
Disapprove...you don't mean these, do you, AdN?

Direct Link To This Post<<<---clicky
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 12:25am
NOPE I'm talking about the ones where kids are in a house and one comes in and says "Wow you guys have it good, back in my day blah blah blah blah etc...."

After a while you get tired of it!

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 3:23pm
Yeah I've always hated these.  The one by the pool is especially irritating:  

What parents in their right minds would let their kids set the flat screen TV anywhere near the pool???  One big splash in that direction and the TV's fried. 

Also, the older kid's annoying "No sir-ee bob" makes me want to take the air pump out of her hands, shove it in her mouth, blow her up like a balloon, then watch her sputter away though the air as she deflates.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 3:47pm
Wow, even when kids are in the pool (where they should be diving and splashing around and throwing stuff at each other), they opt to watch TV---Olympic swimming, of all things.

I hear from the parents of young kids that it's really difficult these days to tear kids away from videos and video games.  The virtual experience is preferable to the real one.

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 3:56pm
^^ It's not that hard.  Just take the friggin' console away.  If they don't like it, then tough. 

Then again, video games are worse than crack for some of them.  Did you hear about the kid who killed his mom because she took his playstation away, then tried to cremate her body in the oven?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/kendall-anderson-16-killed-mom-claw-hammer-playstation-court-article-1.139414
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 4:11pm
Talk about running a concept into the ground....

OK, we get it!!!! The 12 to 14 year olds are talking to the 6 to 8 year olds the way our parents used to talk to us about "the old days", which were, in this case only about 3 or 4 years ago.

Ha ha. Cute.

Enough already!!!!!

Mon aéroglisseur est plein d'anguilles.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 4:11pm
I think it's easier said than done.  They can just go over a friend's house.  Plus, with schools requiring kids to do such things as make Powerpoint presentations for their reports, it's difficult to know that that's what your kid's doing every minute he's at the computer.

Then, there are all the laptops and iPads and tablets and stuff that kids have, which probably aren't as easily monitored as the tabletop computer in the family room.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Then, there are all the laptops and iPads and tablets and stuff that kids have, which probably aren't as easily monitored as the tabletop computer in the family room.

Who even has tabletop computers anymore except for stodgy old fogies who are too chintzy to go out & spend 350 bucks on a nice, modern laptop????

Oh wait..... sorry 'bout that!!!

I forgot.....

Annoyedalot View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Annoyedalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 4:22pm
When I was growing up, in the 50s, my parents told me how great I had it compared to them.  When my kids were growing up in the 80s, I had to tell them how great I had it compared to them.  When I was very young we could play in the neighborhood without supervision, we had basball and football games without adult coaches and refs.  I had to explain that liberals had ruined our once great country and now it was no longer safe to let children out of our sight.  I'd like to see a commercial like that for once.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Annoyedalot Annoyedalot wrote:

When I was growing up, in the 50s, my parents told me how great I had it compared to them.  When my kids were growing up in the 80s, I had to tell them how great I had it compared to them.  When I was very young we could play in the neighborhood without supervision, we had basball and football games without adult coaches and refs.  I had to explain that liberals had ruined our once great country and now it was no longer safe to let children out of our sight.  I'd like to see a commercial like that for once.

Blah blah blah.

We have rules around here grandpa.

Take your rightwing dogma to the political forum & quit stinking up commercial threads with it.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Take your stupid, thick-headed rightwing dogma to the political forum & quit stinking up commercial threads with it.

...says the guy who found a way to editorialize about "gun nuts" in Insanity's caption game thread.  Wink

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

...says the guy who found a way to editorialize about "gun nuts" in Insanity's caption game thread.  Wink

Wasn't that an "Off Topic" thread?

I believe it was.

Apples & oranges.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 5:11pm
The picture caption thread isn't political either.

Apples and apples.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 5:36pm
Show me where it said "No political captions."

Also, the caption I put under that pic was as much or more of a SOCIAL statement than it was political.

I didn't make some over arching insult or assign some misguided blame to conservatives. I simply applied a humourous caption to a photo that was aimed at a very specfic group.

Finally, if you want to carry this discussion on, start a thread in the Flame Room or Political Forum, as this thread has already been hijacked enough as it is.

I will not reply to anymore comments about it in this thread & I apologize to the OP for being part of it being dragged into this little tif.

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 5:39pm
I actually used these commercials as a reason when I got my AT&T phone unlocked to use with a different service.
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 7:18pm

Who even has tabletop computers anymore except for stodgy old fogies who are too chintzy to go out & spend 350 bucks on a nice, modern laptop????

I forgot.....

Well, for gaming and watching videos(2 things I do regularly on my PC), I would much rather have a big full size PC screen than a little laptop screen.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 10:16pm
What gets me about devices like this U-Verse is that technology keeps finding ways to record more and more shows, while television quality is on the continual decline. I sometimes wonder whether there's even 4 decent shows worthy to be recorded ALTOGETHER, much less in the same timeslot.

What would you even record today? Hmm... let's see, let's record Jersey Shore, Keeping up with the Kardashians.... maybe a little Honey Boo Boo? *barfs*
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 10:45pm

Show me where it said "No poltical captions."

Also, the caption I put under that pic was as much or more of a SOCIAL statement than it was political.

I didn't make some over arching insult or assign some misguided blame to conservatives. I simply applied a humourous caption to a photo that was aimed at a very specfic group.

Finally, if you want to carry this discussion on, start a thread in the Flame Room or Political Forum, as this thread has already been hijacked enough as it is.

I will not reply to anymore comments about it in this thread & I apologize to the OP for being part of it being dragged into this little tif.

Actually I thought your caption was pretty funny.
"Did somebody say 'HOG-RIDERRRR'?!!"
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 1:12am
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

I forgot.....

Well, for gaming and watching videos(2 things I do regularly on my PC), I would much rather have a big full size PC screen than a little laptop screen.

That's cool, but I was just poking fun at Thor.

He uses an older "tabletop" computer.

But you do know you can connect a large monitor to a laptop don't you?

AAMOF, you can connect a huge flat screen TV to them also.

Hell, with some of these new TV's you don't even need a computer as they have wi-fi too!!!! Wink

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 1:13am
Originally posted by d4everman d4everman wrote:

Actually I thought your caption was pretty funny.

Thanks!!! Thumbs Up

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 1:22am
I was fortunate to grow up in the 50s-60s. I know that poverty, racism, and child abuse are not recent inventions. I had a father with a decent job and a mother who was an excellent housewife. She homeschooled me to the point where I was at third grade level when I entered school at first grade. Nowdays this situation is rare. As a child we had television from 1957 on. when I came home from school I could watch television if I wanted to until my parent's favorite programs were aired. I remember choosing to play outside with my friends. If it was not a school day I had to come inside at about noon for lunch but otherwise I was allowed to run free. My friends and I were allowed to play in the fields that surrounded our homes or travel about 1/2 mile to the creek to catch crayfish, frogs, or snakes. I used to catch little grasshoppers and "gift" them to huge garden spiders. My Grandchildren Are very into physical reality not video game "reality"  I wish that todays children could experience those times. My Grandchildren are fortunately very into actual sports and playing outdoors. Yes. Those were probably the "good old days".
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 1:38am
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

What gets me about devices like this U-Verse is that technology keeps finding ways to record more and more shows, while television quality is on the continual decline. I sometimes wonder whether there's even 4 decent shows worthy to be recorded ALTOGETHER, much less in the same timeslot.

What would you even record today? Hmm... let's see, let's record Jersey Shore, Keeping up with the Kardashians.... maybe a little Honey Boo Boo? *barfs*

Amazing World of Gumball (For adorable fun-time-ness), Adventure Time (For humour with a dark, beautiful story and amazing characters)....uh....uh...Okay, I'm stumped....Pretty much everything else I watch is foreign and downloaded rather than watched on a channel...

I wouldn't record anything on BBC America...I prefer to watch my shows unbutchered/ and sped up to allow for commercial breaks.

Okay, you know it's a sad state when the only two shows worth recording and 'must-watch' are a kid's and family cartoon shows.

Now, if we're talking about something other than American television, then there's just way too much for me to choose.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 1:49am
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

The Walking Dead!  Been jonesin' for its return on Feb. 10.

I wouldn't have to record it, though.  Reruns are available on my Comcast "On Demand".

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 2:39am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

I was fortunate to grow up in the 50s-60s. I know that poverty, racism, and child abuse are not recent inventions. I had a father with a decent job and a mother who was an excellent housewife. She homeschooled me to the point where I was at third grade level when I entered school at first grade. Nowdays this situation is rare. As a child we had television from 1957 on. when I came home from school I could watch television if I wanted to until my parent's favorite programs were aired. I remember choosing to play outside with my friends. If it was not a school day I had to come inside at about noon for lunch but otherwise I was allowed to run free. My friends and I were allowed to play in the fields that surrounded our homes or travel about 1/2 mile to the creek to catch crayfish, frogs, or snakes. I used to catch little grasshoppers and "gift" them to huge garden spiders. My Grandchildren Are very into physical reality not video game "reality"  I wish that todays children could experience those times. My Grandchildren are fortunately very into actual sports and playing outdoors. Yes. Those were probably the "good old days".

I never saw any of the TV shows from the 70's or the early 80's until they were in reruns in the 90's & 00's.

The reason for that was because I was never home in the evenings. In the 70's, as a teenager, my friends & I stayed outside constantly. There was nothing worse to us than the idea of being stuck inside. We'd come home from school, change clothes & go outside. We'd go home around supper, then right back outside until 10 - 11 pm.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic