Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

n00b: Tired Mastercard "Priceless" ads

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Planet Boulder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: n00b: Tired Mastercard "Priceless" ads
    Posted: 01 Jul 2008 at 5:32am
n00bage here. Found this site after Googling that damn SHeDAISY Sleep Number ad to see if anyone else shared my EXTREME distaste for said ad and, by extension, said lame-ass "band".

Anyway, I did a search, so I apologize if a thread already exists for this, but there is NO ad campaign on TV that makes me lunge for the remote faster than these stupid-ass ads. The smart-ass announcer voice, the "oh so clever" Dead quips - I just hate the whole friggin' campaign. I have considered e-mailing them with my idea:

Lame, tired ad campaign:
Millions of dollars a year

Money lost from annoyed TV viewers who boycott company due to ads:
(hopefully) thousands of dollars, at least

Possessing the guts and foresight to hire a new ad agency:
Priceless

Sponsored Links

LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2008 at 6:22am
Welcome to the fun, Planet Boulder!
Love endures all.
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2008 at 1:28pm
Great opening post.
I guess the daisies need the money.
Have they done any new music lately?
Im gonna guess NO.
was feeling nostalgic
brookish View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brookish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2008 at 10:57am
mastercard has been milking that thing FOREVER...but at least viewers don't have to try to figure out what the ad is for.
LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2008 at 2:41pm
And, welcome to brookish!
Love endures all.
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2008 at 4:42pm
I sent them an Idea for their Ad in 2003. It was based on an experience I went through when I was flying to Texas from Florida. I had to change planes in Charlotte, North Carolina. Arriving there I found out my connecting flight would not be departing for FIVE AND ONE HALF HOURS!Shocked Do you think I was going to spend that time languishing in the Terminal? OF COURSE NOT! I did something special, then wrote them of what I did in this manner.

Dinner - $ 10.00

Round Trip Cab Fare - $30.00

Admission to Theme Park (Carowinds) - $42.00

Riding five Roller Coasters in between flights - PRICELESS!LOL

They turned it down.
Poiuyt Power!!!
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2008 at 5:54pm
Welcome fellow resident of the People's Republic!
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
brookish View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brookish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2008 at 7:58am
i gotta say, the new mr. bill priceless ads are really getting on my nerves.  i have to switch the channel as soon as i hear the first shrill "Oh, no!"...
mutebuttoner View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutebuttoner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2008 at 8:58pm
The one I hate is the small business one.

The whole point of the ad campaign was the clever twist at the end, the contrast of a price to priceless.

Yet this one says "automatic" like six times and then "priceless" ...

Is it just me, or is there a serious cognitive error here? How exactly does priceless relate to automatic???

Anyone care to connect the dots for me? Wacko

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic