Print Page | Close Window

I used to like piano music

Printed From: Commercials I Hate!
Category: Miscellaneous
Forum Name: Off-Topic
Forum Description: Discuss whatever.
URL: http://www.commercialsihate.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=28753
Printed Date: 06 Jul 2020 at 12:11pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: I used to like piano music
Posted By: caroln242
Subject: I used to like piano music
Date Posted: 03 May 2020 at 1:43pm
I know others have mentioned COVID ads "sombre" piano music, so sorry to bring it up again, but lately every time I hear it, just the first few notes even, I have a "knee jerk" reaction to reach for the remote and hit mute.  And my mind is screaming NO-O-O-O!  It doesn't matter if it's a COVID ad or not.  ANY piano music gets the same reaction now.  Just more fall-out from "shelter at home" I guess.


-------------



Replies:
Posted By: Thor
Date Posted: 03 May 2020 at 2:16pm
Y'mean, like this?



By the way, this is a cover of a metal/punk song by a band called Disturbed.


Posted By: aka ron
Date Posted: 03 May 2020 at 2:33pm
Or this?




-------------
I can't complain but sometimes I still do


Posted By: caroln242
Date Posted: 03 May 2020 at 2:48pm
Oh, please stop!!! You're killing me!


-------------


Posted By: Thor
Date Posted: 03 May 2020 at 2:53pm
Maybe you just need more cowbell.



Posted By: Jimbo
Date Posted: 03 May 2020 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by caroln242 caroln242 wrote:

I know others have mentioned COVID ads "sombre" piano music, so sorry to bring it up again, but lately every time I hear it, just the first few notes even, I have a "knee jerk" reaction to reach for the remote and hit mute.  And my mind is screaming NO-O-O-O!  It doesn't matter if it's a COVID ad or not.  ANY piano music gets the same reaction now.  Just more fall-out from "shelter at home" I guess. 

Here ya go, Caroln, this ought to restore your love of piano music....


And if that doesn't quite do it, this should seal the deal....


Cool Thumbs Up



-------------
Mon aéroglisseur est plein d'anguilles.


Posted By: Thor
Date Posted: 03 May 2020 at 4:33pm
Holy sh*t, Jimbo. I was actually thinking of posting that exact Jo Ann Castle song. I was also thinking of posting one by Liberace.



Posted By: Jimbo
Date Posted: 03 May 2020 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Holy sh*t, Jimbo. I was actually thinking of posting that exact Jo Ann Castle song. I was also thinking of posting one by Liberace.

Oh, well that obviously means you're gay. LOL 

BTW.... JoAnn Castle was an alcoholic who had run ins with the law for various forms of abhorrent, alcohol related antisocial behavior. Concealing child molestation was involved in one incident as well.

I'm not kidding.

http://www.joanncastle.com/" rel="nofollow - http://www.joanncastle.com/


-------------
Mon aéroglisseur est plein d'anguilles.


Posted By: Thor
Date Posted: 03 May 2020 at 4:51pm
Well, isn't gay the antidote to somber and morose?


Posted By: aka ron
Date Posted: 03 May 2020 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by caroln242 caroln242 wrote:

I know others have mentioned COVID ads "sombre" piano music, so sorry to bring it up again, but lately every time I hear it, just the first few notes even, I have a "knee jerk" reaction to reach for the remote and hit mute.  And my mind is screaming NO-O-O-O!  It doesn't matter if it's a COVID ad or not.  ANY piano music gets the same reaction now.  Just more fall-out from "shelter at home" I guess. 

Here ya go, Caroln, this ought to restore your love of piano music....




Cool Thumbs Up

I had that album, but then again, who didn't. Midnight Rider was a HUGE hit.

Another song from that album that I liked.




-------------
I can't complain but sometimes I still do


Posted By: Jimbo
Date Posted: 03 May 2020 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Well, isn't gay the antidote to somber and morose?

Makes one "light in the loafers" I hear.


-------------
Mon aéroglisseur est plein d'anguilles.


Posted By: Jimbo
Date Posted: 03 May 2020 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I had that album, but then again, who didn't. Midnight Rider was a HUGE hit.

Another song from that album that I liked.

Yeah, I had it too.

Still do, I think.

The version of Midnight Rider was a re-release and jazzed up for his solo album.

Never could decide which version I like best.



-------------
Mon aéroglisseur est plein d'anguilles.


Posted By: caroln242
Date Posted: 03 May 2020 at 11:05pm
Think I'll save the JoAnn Castle video for after this virus thing is over.  Thanks guys!  Approve  And by the way, I think Liberace was exceptionally talented.  I looked at a couple of his old performances, one of them being Clair de Lune and was blown away. 

Now that you know I'm a total nerd, I'll understand if you drum me off the site!


-------------


Posted By: Thor
Date Posted: 03 May 2020 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

BTW.... JoAnn Castle was an alcoholic who had run ins with the law for various forms of abhorrent, alcohol related antisocial behavior. Concealing child molestation was involved in one incident as well.

I'm not kidding.

http://www.joanncastle.com/" rel="nofollow - http://www.joanncastle.com/






Wow. Had no idea. Then again, she never did quite fit in with the Lawrence Welk "family". Definitely, the black sheep. Certainly, no one "the lovely Norma Zimmer" would hang with.



Posted By: Jimbo
Date Posted: 04 May 2020 at 12:51am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Wow. Had no idea. Then again, she never did quite fit in with the Lawrence Welk "family". Definitely, the black sheep. Certainly, no one "the lovely Norma Zimmer" would hang with.  

I spoke of her in the past tense because I assumed she was dead.

Turns out, after all the booze and drugs she did, she's still alive!!!! Shocked




-------------
Mon aéroglisseur est plein d'anguilles.


Posted By: sgtrock21
Date Posted: 04 May 2020 at 1:56am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Well, isn't gay the antidote to somber and morose?
It used to be long ago.

-------------
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous


Posted By: sgtrock21
Date Posted: 04 May 2020 at 2:02am
Originally posted by caroln242 caroln242 wrote:

Think I'll save the JoAnn Castle video for after this virus thing is over.  Thanks guys!  Approve  And by the way, I think Liberace was exceptionally talented.  I looked at a couple of his old performances, one of them being Clair de Lune and was blown away. 
Now that you know I'm a total nerd, I'll understand if you drum me off the site!
I thought being a total nerd was required to be a CIH member.Confused

-------------
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous



Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk