Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - It sure is quiet in here!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It sure is quiet in here!

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334>
Author
Message
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Location: WI
Status: Online
Points: 21003
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 12:51pm
LOL

It's a good thing the house is, and has always been, the "dog's house". Wink
Back to Top
Sponsored Links



Back to Top
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Status: Online
Points: 44414
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 1:06pm
So when you're "in the dog house" you get to stay inside, eh?



Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
Back to Top
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Location: WI
Status: Online
Points: 21003
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 2:17pm
Yep.  Inside, outside.  It's going to be too damned hot to be outside.
Back to Top
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Status: Online
Points: 44414
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 2:20pm
I can only WISH it was going to be as "hot" down here in summer hell today as it will be up there in summer heaven.

Supposed to reach the mid to upper 90's....

Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
Back to Top
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Location: WI
Status: Online
Points: 21003
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 2:55pm
We could hit 90 today, it's pretty humid too.

A good chance for some strong storms later.
Back to Top
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Location: WI
Status: Online
Points: 21003
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 6:15pm
Back to Top
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Status: Online
Points: 44414
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 6:27pm
chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp
Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
Back to Top
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: GreatWhiteNorth
Status: Offline
Points: 36547
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 8:37pm
Confused
Today is really boring.
Anyone else notice the 'board birthdays' have not changed for 3-4 days?
Today's Birthdays
Todays BirthdaysFake Testimonials (82), Review guy (34), Aribert_Heim (30), doggie the dog (60)
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Back to Top
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Status: Online
Points: 44414
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 8:49pm
Some people are so special they get multiple birthdays per year.
Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
Back to Top
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Location: Rockaway, NJ
Status: Offline
Points: 56028
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 11:23pm
Today was a day from hell.  At 6:30am, the store manager called one of her assistants to tell me that I had to attend a meeting for receivers about 30-40 minutes away at 8am.  I was pissed, but I went.  Got there, and no one knew anything about it.  I went back to my store, angry about the whole stupid thing.  Store manager said it must've gotten cancelled.  But no one in the other store knew anything about it.  I think my store manager dreamt it or something.
 
On top of that, I was also stressed about my Mal's appointment with the vet later in the day.  Sh*tty day.
 
I've been worried that my Mal's gotten too thin and has gotten less solid over the past few years.  So, I set up an appointment.  Doc thought maybe it's kidney failure, as the cat seemed dehydrated.  All else seemed fine.  So, he did some lab work and gave him some fluids subcutaneously.  Said he'd call with the lab results later. 
 
He just called.  No kidney failure!  Doc says it's probably just old age.  Recommended I give him senior food and maybe add a little water to it.
 
I'm pretty relieved.  I realize he's 15, but I wanted to see if maybe there was something more serious going on.  Now I just have to deal with the reality that he's not 5 or 10 y/o anymore...but at least he's not sick.
 
 
Back to Top
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Status: Online
Points: 44414
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:


Today was a day from hell.  At 6:30am, the store manager called one of her assistants to tell me that I had to attend a meeting for receivers about 30-40 minutes away at 8am.  I was pissed, but I went.  Got there, and no one knew anything about it.  I went back to my store, angry about the whole stupid thing.  Store manager said it must've gotten cancelled.  But no one in the other store knew anything about it.  I think my store manager dreamt it or something.
 
On top of that, I was also stressed about my Mal's appointment with the vet later in the day.  Sh*tty day.
 
I've been worried that my Mal's gotten too thin and has gotten less solid over the past few years.  So, I set up an appointment.  Doc thought maybe it's kidney failure, as the cat seemed dehydrated.  All else seemed fine.  So, he did some lab work and gave him some fluids subcutaneously.  Said he'd call with the lab results later. 
 
He just called.  No kidney failure!  Doc says it's probably just old age.  Recommended I give him senior food and maybe add a little water to it.
 
I'm pretty relieved.  I realize he's 15, but I wanted to see if maybe there was something more serious going on.  Now I just have to deal with the reality that he's not 5 or 10 y/o anymore...but at least he's not sick.
 
 



My female calico cat has been getting thin over the past few months, too. Poor old thing.

I first started seeing her in my yard around 2006 and she was probably at least a year old back then. She lived outside in my yard for over a year before she decided to come inside.

I guess she's at least 12 y/o if not older.

I guess she doesn't have that much longer either.
Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
Back to Top
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Location: Rockaway, NJ
Status: Offline
Points: 56028
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 11:34pm
I'm gonna be a basket case when my older guys go.  It seems like just a few years ago that I got them at the age of 7 months, all fresh and new and rarin' to go.
 
 
Back to Top
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Status: Online
Points: 44414
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 11:36pm
It's tough to lose your little buddies.
Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
Back to Top
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive


Joined: 30 Jul 2013
Location: SoCal
Status: Offline
Points: 1478
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 12:50am
I'm glad Mal checked out OK.  The thing with cats is when they live so long their kidneys seem to be the failing organ.  Cry  There is a supplement to aid in the health of their kidneys called Azodyl.  You should also start Mal on eating a kidney health support canned cat food.  You can research online.  Here's a website:

http://www.felinecrf.org/which_foods.htm

Caring for cats with CRF (chronic renal failure) and/or CKD (chronic kidney disease) with the right food, plenty of fresh water, and supplements can increase their lives and make them more comfortable.

Don't just ignore that this is the stage of life they are in and make their bodies work too hard to survive.  I wish you the best of luck and good health!
Back to Top
MrTim View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 6744
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 4:56am
I 'nursed' one of my neighbor's cats back last week (at least 12 yrs old)  She stopped eating on Monday & crawled away to hide for the next 2 days (though she'd come out to sleep under his cars later in the day.)  Third day, got her to lap up some water.  Next 3 days, still no eating, but started drinking more.  Finally started eating small amounts a few days ago.  Made myself a bit of a pest checking up on & petting her LOL.  I think that helped...  Wink
Back to Top
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive


Joined: 30 Jul 2013
Location: SoCal
Status: Offline
Points: 1478
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 7:08am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

I 'nursed' one of my neighbor's cats back last week (at least 12 yrs old)  She stopped eating on Monday & crawled away to hide for the next 2 days (though she'd come out to sleep under his cars later in the day.)  Third day, got her to lap up some water.  Next 3 days, still no eating, but started drinking more.  Finally started eating small amounts a few days ago.  Made myself a bit of a pest checking up on & petting her LOL.  I think that helped...  Wink
That's wonderful of you to do that!  Happy of the good outcome.  Why is the neighbor not taking care of the kitty?  Confused
Back to Top
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Location: WI
Status: Online
Points: 21003
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 10:40am
It's tough to face the inevitable, I hope Mal is doing better.
Back to Top
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive


Joined: 19 Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Status: Offline
Points: 2883
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 11:28am
Hey, I remember Mal! Mal is the cat who DROPPED your big screen TV by climbing up it and then running off like a bat out of hell after he dropped it! :D ;) I am glad Mal is okay! :D
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D. :D $608 for her brother's scooter. Fair is fair my ass. Being tough on Public Access TV is priceless.





Back to Top
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Location: WI
Status: Online
Points: 21003
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 2:24pm
It's not as hot today, a little less humid.  In an attempt to save a little money, I found the other 2 window fans. I'll let the A/C rest until later in the day or possibly over night.

It's not too tough during the day but I need it cooler when I sleep.
Back to Top
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: Connecticut
Status: Offline
Points: 22139
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 3:39pm
Just noticed the lawns growing again. Was gonna do it today but it's raining on and off so no luck. Gonna rain tomorrow too so the best day to mow is Sunday! Right now I have 'In the Heat of the Night TV show playing in the background as I type this now. Nice quiet show. Would probably bore the crap outta today's generation! Holy moley there was just a shoot out on the show and one the main characters just died! Damn!

Now our oldest cat, Falloon is partially blocking my view of the TV.

Oh, she moved!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Back to Top
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Status: Online
Points: 44414
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

It's not as hot today, a little less humid.  In an attempt to save a little money, I found the other 2 window fans. I'll let the A/C rest until later in the day or possibly over night.

It's not too tough during the day but I need it cooler when I sleep.


I would've thought that up there in Wisconsin it stays cool enough at night to sleep without the a/c.

It must average in the 60's overnight, or am I wrong?

We stay in the mid to upper 70's down here, but it's very humid so it feels like it's in the 80's all night.


Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
Back to Top
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Status: Online
Points: 44414
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Just noticed the lawns growing again. Was gonna do it today but it's raining on and off so no luck. Gonna rain tomorrow too so the best day to mow is Sunday! Right now I have 'In the Heat of the Night TV show playing in the background as I type this now. Nice quiet show. Would probably bore the crap outta today's generation! Holy moley there was just a shoot out on the show and one the main characters just died! Damn!

Now our oldest cat, Falloon is partially blocking my view of the TV.

Oh, she moved!


I've been getting into watching Matlock every morning.

Never watched it before, so it's like a brand new TV show for me.

Don't think I could get into In the Heat of the Night.

Cats love to get in your way, don't they?
Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
Back to Top
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Location: WI
Status: Online
Points: 21003
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

It's not as hot today, a little less humid.  In an attempt to save a little money, I found the other 2 window fans. I'll let the A/C rest until later in the day or possibly over night.

It's not too tough during the day but I need it cooler when I sleep.


I would've thought that up there in Wisconsin it stays cool enough at night to sleep without the a/c.

It must average in the 60's overnight, or am I wrong?

We stay in the mid to upper 70's down here, but it's very humid so it feels like it's in the 80's all night.


I think it's the humidity that bothers me the most. It usually cools down into the 60s.

It may be dawn before it's that cool again.  I would not survive in your climate without A/C.
Back to Top
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Status: Online
Points: 44414
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 4:37pm
Ya gotta be tough!!!
Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
Back to Top
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Location: Rockaway, NJ
Status: Offline
Points: 56028
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

I'm glad Mal checked out OK.  The thing with cats is when they live so long their kidneys seem to be the failing organ.  Cry  There is a supplement to aid in the health of their kidneys called Azodyl.  You should also start Mal on eating a kidney health support canned cat food.  You can research online.  Here's a website:

http://www.felinecrf.org/which_foods.htm

Caring for cats with CRF (chronic renal failure) and/or CKD (chronic kidney disease) with the right food, plenty of fresh water, and supplements can increase their lives and make them more comfortable.

Don't just ignore that this is the stage of life they are in and make their bodies work too hard to survive.  I wish you the best of luck and good health!
 
The vet said that, considering his lab results were OK, there's no need to make any changes.  He did suggest senior cat food, and maybe add a little water to it.  Of course, it's hard to control for that when you have 3 cats playing musical bowls.
 
I was glad that everything checked out pretty good.  He "might" have a stage 1 heart murmur (stage 6 being the worst).  Nothing to worry about, the doc said.  I just wish I could make him gain some weight.  He's down to 7 and a half pounds (2 and a half less than when he came to NJ two years ago).
 
 
 
 
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.



"CANDIE!"