Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I Hate All Insurance Commercials
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I Hate All Insurance Commercials

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message
shEEEsh View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Avatar

Joined: 24 May 2014
Location: Orlando
Status: Offline
Points: 37
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shEEEsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I Hate All Insurance Commercials
    Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 1:16pm
I hate all insurance commercials.  
  • Starting with Flo @ Progressive.  Mostly hate the 'Let's get ready to bundle' commercial. I honestly almost jump to get the remote and hit mute. What kind of idiot thinks people will listen to that? 
  • Metlife's "Daddy fell off a ladder" was bad and they replaced it with one that is similar. In the new one the difference is, the daughter isn't looking to make money off her mother's death like daddy's girls are waiting for Daddy to kick. 
  • I hate the one where the girls are shopping and one spots a red purse and is going to buy it with her insurance savings.  Allstate again maybe. They played that one to death last year but they dug it up and are playing it again.
The one I am hating most recently is the Amy Pollar 'wanna be' actress.  Two women arguing in a restaurant about who is going to pick up the check. You gotta see the face on the blonde actress to hate it like i do.  Maybe you need to know who Amy Pollar is. 
eBay schmeBay
www.omigosh.com
Back to Top
Sponsored Links



Back to Top
Granite View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive


Joined: 27 May 2014
Location: New Hampshah
Status: Offline
Points: 122
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Granite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 3:03pm
I agree about Flo.  Totally.  I liked her at first (loved that old school hair-do!) But now she's just annoying.

Liberty Mutual: 1) How do the get that air conditioner to leap from the building across the sidewalk to land on the guy's car?  2) How come the limb gets bigger from the time the guy hacks it off until it lands on the guy's car?  3) Who stops a car half on, half off a ferry and gets out of it?  

On the other hand, I kind of like the mayhem guy.
Back to Top
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: Connecticut
Status: Offline
Points: 23633
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 8:09pm
The one with the red purse is actually State Farm.

Its Amy Pohler not Pollar.

I hate all of the commercials you listed, there's a lot of stupid there.



One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Back to Top
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Location: Rockaway, NJ
Status: Offline
Points: 57601
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:



Its Amy Pohler not Pollar.


It's Amy Poehler, not Pohler.


Back to Top
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Location: WI
Status: Online
Points: 25217
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 8:36pm
Everyone should give a little leeway on names, fer crying out loud.
I can't complain but sometimes I still do.
Back to Top
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: Connecticut
Status: Offline
Points: 23633
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:


Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:



Its Amy Pohler not Pollar.



It's Amy Poehler, not Pohler.




Doh!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Back to Top
shEEEsh View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Avatar

Joined: 24 May 2014
Location: Orlando
Status: Offline
Points: 37
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shEEEsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

The one with the red purse is actually State Farm.

Its Amy Pohler not Pollar.

I hate all of the commercials you listed, there's a lot of stupid there.





i considered checking the spelling of her name because it looked wrong, but I was running late.  Thank you for correcting me.
eBay schmeBay
www.omigosh.com
Back to Top
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Location: Rockaway, NJ
Status: Offline
Points: 57601
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 11:13pm

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Everyone should give a little leeway on names, fer crying out loud.

If only the search feature thought the same.


Back to Top
snu View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 27 May 2014
Location: Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 4
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 6:02pm
Yesterday I went to the movies and had to sit through SEVEN insurance commercials. Some of which were played one after another. That was pretty painful.
Back to Top
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Location: WI
Status: Online
Points: 25217
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 6:10pm
The last time we went to a movie, and it's been years, I was so pissed off when the Mucinex blob of snot was on the screen.  WTF???  Charge us 10 bucks? a ticket, mark up the popcorn 1000% and then shove a commercial in my face?  There should be a law against it.
I can't complain but sometimes I still do.
Back to Top
LordPeterLowenbrau View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Avatar

Joined: 04 Jun 2014
Location: New York
Status: Offline
Points: 41
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordPeterLowenbrau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by Granite Granite wrote:

I agree about Flo.  Totally.  I liked her at first (loved that old school hair-do!) But now she's just annoying.

Liberty Mutual: 1) How do the get that air conditioner to leap from the building across the sidewalk to land on the guy's car?  2) How come the limb gets bigger from the time the guy hacks it off until it lands on the guy's car?  3) Who stops a car half on, half off a ferry and gets out of it?  

On the other hand, I kind of like the mayhem guy.


Hi, first time poster, short time lurker.

I'm with you on the Liberty Mutual commericals, but the one clip that drives me batty is the woman who is parallel parked, opens her door wide, leaves it, checks her passenger seat, only to have somebody obliterate the car door. WHO DOES THAT???
Back to Top
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: GreatWhiteNorth
Status: Offline
Points: 38781
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by LordPeterLowenbrau LordPeterLowenbrau wrote:

Originally posted by Granite Granite wrote:

I agree about Flo.  Totally.  I liked her at first (loved that old school hair-do!) But now she's just annoying.

Liberty Mutual: 1) How do the get that air conditioner to leap from the building across the sidewalk to land on the guy's car?  2) How come the limb gets bigger from the time the guy hacks it off until it lands on the guy's car?  3) Who stops a car half on, half off a ferry and gets out of it?  

On the other hand, I kind of like the mayhem guy.


Hi, first time poster, short time lurker.

I'm with you on the Liberty Mutual commericals, but the one clip that drives me batty is the woman who is parallel parked, opens her door wide, leaves it, checks her passenger seat, only to have somebody obliterate the car door. WHO DOES THAT???
ConfusedLOLI actually am dumbfounded that YOU LIVE IN NEW YORK and can say that! Of COURSE it happens! (We once lived in Troy, NY - OLD city with streets that barely fit one car going one way...it happened all the time)
Back to Top
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive


Joined: 10 Nov 2013
Location: Yakima, WA
Status: Offline
Points: 2054
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 2:35am
Was one (or likely more) of the insurance ads in the movie theater from Progressive with that snotty Flo idiot? I suppose. 2x worse if it was Michael Buffer's BUNDLEEEEEEEEEEE. What a great way to start a freakin' new movie. I will wait 6 months for the DVD, thank you very much.

-crainbebo
Sick and tired of Charter Spectrum (and Flo!)
Back to Top
scremped View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Avatar

Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Location: Pensacola, FL
Status: Offline
Points: 22
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scremped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 4:57am
Originally posted by shEEEsh shEEEsh wrote:

  • I hate the one where the girls are shopping and one spots a red purse and is going to buy it with her insurance savings.  Allstate again maybe. They played that one to death last year but they dug it up and are playing it again


This one for Statefarm I actually like for one main reason.  When Anthony the agent pops up the Asian friend gives the funniest look when she spots him.  If she were a cartoon her eyes would bulge out of her head.
Back to Top
pinniped View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2008
Location: Pangea
Status: Offline
Points: 341
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinniped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 7:40am
Yup.  It started with that stupid Geico and the Allstate with that annoying asshat actor and his annoying voice.  There's another stupid commercial with old people and some crap about 15 minutes isn't how it works anymore.  I can't stand that F 15 minutes crap from anyone!  F U Geico!
SO I GO ON VEHIX.COM!....GOT A CAR TO SELL!....BUYING A CAR IS HARD!
Back to Top
Granite View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive


Joined: 27 May 2014
Location: New Hampshah
Status: Offline
Points: 122
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Granite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 5:42pm
Ermm
Originally posted by <span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 21px; : rgb251, 251, 253;>LordPeterLowenbrau</span><span style=line-height: 1.4;> LordPeterLowenbrau wrote:

I'm with you on the Liberty Mutual commericals, but the one clip that drives me batty is the woman who is parallel parked, opens her door wide, leaves it, checks her passenger seat, only to have somebody obliterate the car door. WHO DOES THAT???

You're kidding right??  People do it all the freakin' time.  I've had friends riding bicycles have people do it to them.  What blows my mind is she looks to the REAR instead of the direction the other vehicle went!  Pinch
Back to Top
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: Connecticut
Status: Offline
Points: 23633
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by pinniped pinniped wrote:

Yup.  It started with that stupid Geico and the Allstate with that annoying asshat actor and his annoying voice.  There's another stupid commercial with old people and some crap about 15 minutes isn't how it works anymore.  I can't stand that F 15 minutes crap from anyone!  F U Geico!


The one with old ladies is actually Esurance. I can't stand that "15 minutes can save you 15% or more" crap from anyone even if it isn't from GEICO.

I'm beginning to be sick of all insurance commercials, except for the Farmers ad with the robot in a car crashing into the other car. That ones funny.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Back to Top
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Avatar

Joined: 16 Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 7810
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by Granite Granite wrote:

What blows my mind is she looks to the REAR instead of the direction the other vehicle went!  Pinch


^^ I never got that either. It's a little late to be checking to see if any cars are coming, lady Confused
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin


Back to Top
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive


Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Location: Aptos, CA
Status: Offline
Points: 3160
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 6:41pm
My biggest problem with insurance commercials is that the ratio of "cuteness of commercial" and "seriousness of product/service" is way off.

It kind of blows the mind how hard insurance companies try to be funny - even harder than some commercials for products that are supposed to be fun!

Although the Mayhem line of commercials were pretty funny - pretty much the only tolerable insurance ad campaign I really liked. I kind of liked the "chain of events" commercials for a short bit, but they didn't end up having much steam in the long run.
Back to Top
LordPeterLowenbrau View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Avatar

Joined: 04 Jun 2014
Location: New York
Status: Offline
Points: 41
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordPeterLowenbrau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2014 at 4:07am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by LordPeterLowenbrau LordPeterLowenbrau wrote:

Originally posted by Granite Granite wrote:

I agree about Flo.  Totally.  I liked her at first (loved that old school hair-do!) But now she's just annoying.


Liberty Mutual: 1) How do the get that air conditioner to leap from the building across the sidewalk to land on the guy's car?  2) How come the limb gets bigger from the time the guy hacks it off until it lands on the guy's car?  3) Who stops a car half on, half off a ferry and gets out of it?  



On the other hand, I kind of like the mayhem guy.


Hi, first time poster, short time lurker.

I'm with you on the Liberty Mutual commericals, but the one clip that drives me batty is the woman who is parallel parked, opens her door wide, leaves it, checks her passenger seat, only to have somebody obliterate the car door. WHO DOES THAT???

ConfusedLOLI actually am dumbfounded that YOU LIVE IN NEW YORK and can say that! Of COURSE it happens! (We once lived in Troy, NY - OLD city with streets that barely fit one car going one way...it happened all the time)


I should have worded it better. I have seen it before, my question is WHY DO IDIOTS DO THAT!

NY is a paradise of morons. I have been to Troy and know exactly what you speak of. Beautiful brownstones, though.
Back to Top
MrFlavor View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 11 Oct 2013
Location: Portland, OR
Status: Offline
Points: 180
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrFlavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 1:13pm
Insurance commercials absolutely fascinate me because they force the characters in the narrative to be super obsessed with something that nobody in reality is obsessed with. Insurance is a product you don't want to buy and never want to use, yet you are legally forced to buy it in many circumstances, plus insurance companies are frequently perceived as 'evil'. The ad people have the awesome task of making their client seem less like a giant A hole than it's competitors, and so we get hyper-cute animal mascots and fantasy customer service reps that are helpful on an Olympic scale. It forms a misrepresentation of reality common to all insurance ads which creates an alternate reality I like to call: the Insuroverse. If the Insuroverse had a physical location it would be slightly below the Pharmaceutalixy and a little above the Phone Plan Void. In the Insuroverse you eat, sleep and think insurance. Insurance is all you talk about with your friends and coworkers, some of which are talking animals. Your phone is so burdened with Insurance Company app notifications it takes 3 minutes to send a text. The Insuroverse is not only tedious, but also extremely dangerous. People are constantly throwing their broken ac units out of windows, or sawing giant limbs without looking at what they might fall on, or hanging around gas stations chatting with other retired people. The Insuroverse would be a great place to set a science fiction movie if it wasn't a %100 certainty that everyone would hate the premise.
Back to Top
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Location: Oregon
Status: Offline
Points: 6504
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Granite Granite wrote:



You're kidding right??  People do it all the freakin' time.  I've had friends riding bicycles have people do it to them.  What blows my mind is she looks to the REAR instead of the direction the other vehicle went!  Pinch

The vehicle that took off her door is no longer a factor. If her intent is still to exit her vehicle she had better be looking to the rear! In my State she is at fault although if the driver who hit her door just keeps going they are guilty of hit and run.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Back to Top
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Location: Rockaway, NJ
Status: Offline
Points: 57601
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by Granite Granite wrote:

Ermm
Originally posted by <span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 21px; : rgb251, 251, 253;>LordPeterLowenbrau</span><span style=line-height: 1.4;> LordPeterLowenbrau wrote:

I'm with you on the Liberty Mutual commericals, but the one clip that drives me batty is the woman who is parallel parked, opens her door wide, leaves it, checks her passenger seat, only to have somebody obliterate the car door. WHO DOES THAT???

You're kidding right??  People do it all the freakin' time.  I've had friends riding bicycles have people do it to them.  What blows my mind is she looks to the REAR instead of the direction the other vehicle went!  Pinch

It happened to me once.  I parked on a dark section of Haight Street one night, looked in my rearview (saw nothing), opened my door just a few inches, when---wham!  Some hippie on a bike without any light* and riding right alongside the parked cars, hit the edge of my door, jamming it into the driver's side fender, making me barely able to use it.

*Actually, he had a Mag light attached to his handlebars with rubber bands, but it wasn't on.  Duh.


Back to Top
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive


Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Location: Aptos, CA
Status: Offline
Points: 3160
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by MrFlavor MrFlavor wrote:

Insurance commercials absolutely fascinate me because they force the characters in the narrative to be super obsessed with something that nobody in reality is obsessed with. Insurance is a product you don't want to buy and never want to use, yet you are legally forced to buy it in many circumstances, plus insurance companies are frequently perceived as 'evil'. The ad people have the awesome task of making their client seem less like a giant A hole than it's competitors, and so we get hyper-cute animal mascots and fantasy customer service reps that are helpful on an Olympic scale. It forms a misrepresentation of reality common to all insurance ads which creates an alternate reality I like to call: the Insuroverse. If the Insuroverse had a physical location it would be slightly below the Pharmaceutalixy and a little above the Phone Plan Void. In the Insuroverse you eat, sleep and think insurance. Insurance is all you talk about with your friends and coworkers, some of which are talking animals. Your phone is so burdened with Insurance Company app notifications it takes 3 minutes to send a text. The Insuroverse is not only tedious, but also extremely dangerous. People are constantly throwing their broken ac units out of windows, or sawing giant limbs without looking at what they might fall on, or hanging around gas stations chatting with other retired people. The Insuroverse would be a great place to set a science fiction movie if it wasn't a %100 certainty that everyone would hate the premise.

Yeah, one only wishes getting insurance were as fun or easy as the commercials imply!
Back to Top
TheNilvarg View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive


Joined: 06 Feb 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 370
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNilvarg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by shEEEsh shEEEsh wrote:

The one I am hating most recently is the Amy Pollar 'wanna be' actress.  Two women arguing in a restaurant about who is going to pick up the check. You gotta see the face on the blonde actress to hate it like i do.  Maybe you need to know who Amy Pollar is. 


OH MY GOD, THIS. MORE THAN ANYTHING, THIS.

That woman's face freaks me out. Horrifying, bug-eyed freak. The expressions on her face are inhuman. Every time I see this commercial, my eyes melt out of my head like I'm a Nazi who opened the Ark of the Covenant because her face is so indescribably scary.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.078 seconds.