Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This dawn commercial makes me squee

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This dawn commercial makes me squee
    Posted: 12 Mar 2011 at 6:13pm

Because it has cute animals in it! ClapStar
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2011 at 7:30pm
Confused...what is it when you "squee"? Sounds like something that should done in private...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2011 at 7:39pm
It means I literally make a loud sort of squeaking sound and also flap my arms happily when I see this ad.

I probably should not do this in front of anyone because it's extremely dorky.
I also go on about how cute it is.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2011 at 9:40pm
WinkLOL...Thanks, S! I never knew what that was called...and I've seen people that in public, before; always left me confused...
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

WinkLOL...Thanks, S! I never knew what that was called...and I've seen people that in public, before; always left me confused...

Probably because you're not, and never have been, a little girl.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 5:08pm
I see full-grown women "squee-ing".  It usually happens when two women haven't seen each other for a few months.  They see each other, squee, and then hug.

Usually, when a coupla guys haven't seen each other for months or even years, they say "Hey, man, how ya doin'?"  There might be a perfunctory no-body-contact hug accompanied by a pat on the back---but no squee-ing.  Ever.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 7:46pm
Confused...ohhhhh....I dunno...maybe I grew up sheltered? I've never heard that word before.
Sounds kinda mean or dirty...ya know, like having someone cuss at you in 'hairlip';
"Sqee Ewe!!!"

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 3:02am
Sugar baby duckie dumpling!!!xxoo
keyboardplayer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keyboardplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 9:39pm
So that's what that word means. I'm a teddy bear collector, and I do that whenever I see a bear.
This is your brain on commercials.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by keyboardplayer keyboardplayer wrote:

So that's what that word means. I'm a teddy bear collector, and I do that whenever I see a bear.
ConfusedCryBOYS CAN "SQUEE"???!!!!
THAT is sooooo sad...are we allowed to put them out of their (ecstatic) misery when they do?
Pleaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuzzzzzzzzzzzzz?
Todaaaay?!

(ooops - sorry, KB, forgot - you aren't a 'Boy'Wink)

Let's forget this post, o.k.? Alrighty then!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keyboardplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 2:49am
Nope, I'm definitely a girl, lol.
smittykins View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smittykins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 11:38am
Well, I have it on good authority that men can squee when they want to.  My late husband could definitely do it when he saw that video game for sale that he'd been lusting after for six months...LOL

(And to make this commercial-related, remember the Heineken "walk-in fridge" ad?)
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by smittykins smittykins wrote:

...(And to make this commercial-related, remember the Heineken "walk-in fridge" ad?)
Cry...why, oh why did you have to remaind me? Those must have really been girls in 'boy suits'...if not, that fridge including the 'squeers' (Confusedwould that be the right way to refer to a group of 'em?)  should have been immediately closed, sealed off, and forgotten about. The could have all the heiny they want...that beer sucks.
(here's the commercial to which SK makes mention)

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keyboardplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 12:06am
Dang, you'd have thought they won the lottery or either just gotten a grand piano, oh wait, that's just me.

Sorry for the major league bit of off-topicness, but Smittykins, are you the same person from another board I'm on about commercials?
smittykins View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smittykins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 12:41am
You mean TWoP?  Yeah, same one.(I was wondering the same about you.  Smile)
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keyboardplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 12:18am
Yep. I know it's not just about commercials, but that's my favorite section.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic