Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dominos Feedback on the box

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Blatant Pear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dominos Feedback on the box
    Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 8:03pm

Well, Dominos has unleashed a new commercial in their relentless line of senseless ads.

Now focus on the part where he said he "had this box made" so that they could get feedback on their chicken. How could somebody not see how idiotic of an idea this is. I mean, after I eat a pizza (or chicken in this case) the box is just recycled or thrown away. Better start dumpster diving to get feedback. Hey, at least it can create a few jobs right?
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 8:19pm
Wow.  Do they really think people are going to fill in the "questionnaire" on the box, and then make a special trip to Domino's to drop it off, in the belief that that particular Domino's is going to rush all their returned questionnaires over to headquarters, and that headquarters is going to tally the results and fire the dork if people don't like the chicken product?

How about just having a poll on their website, if they're really that interested in customer feedback?

And beyond even that, won't sales receipts let Domino's know if the chicken is "right"?  Not only would sales receipts give them their answer, but they'd also give them a whole litany of info about their customers, their franchises, the sales of all their products, etc.---probably tell them stuff about us they have no need to know, too. 

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 8:22pm
And another question---why is a pizza chain selling fried chicken?  What's next---Chinese food?

ProudHeart86 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudHeart86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 8:58pm

That is lame.  Seriously, just put a questionnaire on the damn website!  Like they have on the site when you order delivery.  I actually really like that little ticker thing...  Aaaaaanywho, I'm quite tired of Domino's trying to make itself look so wonderful and natural and all that.  Dominos, you're no better than Pizza Hut.  Your chicken is probably frozen just like Pizza Hut.  I've had Dominos chicken...it's a'ight, but certainly nothing to write on a pizza box and deliver said box back to the restaurant for. 

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 9:35pm
I think this is just another attention getting campaign. You won't find any other boxed food product where you can send the box back with a poll question on it. Mainly, because they won't be accurate.
People could actually like the product itself, but send back the box with bad comments to be "funny" or cause they hate Nate.
Same goes for using a website. Look at YouTube, there are always trolls/children/etc. that dislike or make childish comments.   
If Dominos sells a lot of these, it must be because they are OK. The only way I'd return a box is if they'd give me a complimentary free one.LOL
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by A Blatant Pear A Blatant Pear wrote:

Now focus on the part where he said he "had this box made" so that they could get feedback on their chicken. How could somebody not see how idiotic of an idea this is. I mean, after I eat a pizza (or chicken in this case) the box is just recycled or thrown away.

THANK YOU I was thinking the same thing. WTF, how are people supposed to actually rate the chicken ON THE BOX. Seriously, I thought this whole "we want your opinions" thing would end after they introduced the new pizza. STOP IT Domino's, it's old. Tell Tate he can suck a cock. Pun sort of intended.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
A Blatant Pear View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Blatant Pear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2011 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Originally posted by A Blatant Pear A Blatant Pear wrote:

Now focus on the part where he said he "had this box made" so that they could get feedback on their chicken. How could somebody not see how idiotic of an idea this is. I mean, after I eat a pizza (or chicken in this case) the box is just recycled or thrown away.

THANK YOU I was thinking the same thing. WTF, how are people supposed to actually rate the chicken ON THE BOX. Seriously, I thought this whole "we want your opinions" thing would end after they introduced the new pizza. STOP IT Domino's, it's old. Tell Tate he can suck a cock. Pun sort of intended.

LOL
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2011 at 10:30pm
I *facepalmed* when he mentioned the rate the chicken on the box.

AW GREAT IT'S ON MY TV NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's gone phew!

ABSOLUTELY STUPID!!!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
belc0011 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belc0011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 4:00pm
Yeah, I absolutely face-palmed after I saw this commercial the first time too.  HOW could this idea possibly get the green light and make it to a commercial when it is plainly obvious to anyone with a brain that a box just gets thrown away afterward?  What, is the delivery man going to hang around in my living room while I eat my chicken so I can give him a little checkmark and hand the box back to him too?  Am I supposed to get in my car with my check-marked box and drive to Dominos to hand the used box back to them? 
Bring me the head of a pig, and a goblet of something cool and refreshing
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 4:14am
Hubs unexpectedly ordered Domino's last night while I was working. The box tells you to go to twitter or facebook to REALLY tell them. WTF! God I hate Domino's so much!
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Hubs unexpectedly ordered Domino's last night while I was working. The box tells you to go to twitter or facebook to REALLY tell them. WTF! God I hate Domino's so much!

It makes me wonder---who would actually do that?  Most people would just not order it again if they didn't like it. 

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 4:45pm
Most fast food places that do customer surveys have an 800 number on the back of the receipt. If you call & participate in the survey, they give you an authorization code to write on the receipt that entitles you to a free food item on your next visit.

BK was doing that & offering a free Whopper on your next visit.

Doesn't sound like a great motivator to people who were unsatisfied with the product though.

"I think your product sucks!!!!"

"Have a free one on us."

Seems like if they wanted to make an unsatisfied customer happy, they'd give them a free coupon to one of their competitors.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
ProudHeart86 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudHeart86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 6:42pm
OMG for srs?  I'ma go on Facebook just so I can tell Dominos what I REALLY think!!
No wait..that still requires too much physical exhurtion that I'm willing to donate for something as stupid as pre-frozen chicken. 
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 8:36pm
Maybe people were bringing their boxes back with expletives on them. So now, Dominos can simply delete negative reviews on the twitter page. 
NURSEYKW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NURSEYKW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 10:11pm
Wacko

THIS COMMERCIAL IS RIDICULOUS AS OTHERS HAVE SAID. I DON'T THINK PEOPLE ARE GONNA ORDER A PIZZA FOR DELIVERY AND THEN DRIVE BACK TO THE RESTAURANT TO HAND THE BOX BACK IN!!!!  I MEAN SERIOUSLY, DID THEY NOT THINK ABOUT THE REALITY OF LOGISTICS FOR THIS AD AND HOW STUPID THE THING SOUNDS!? PLUS, I THINK THEY SHOULD HAVE INCLUDED A RATING SYSTEM FOR THE PIZZA IF ANYTHING. DOMINO'S PIZZA IS NASTY AND I SEE NO DIFFERENCE SINCE THEY MADE APPARENT CHANGES AND IMPROVEMENTS IN IT. THE CRUST TASTES LIKE CARDBOARD STILL. I INVITE THEM TO GO TO RUSTY'S OR TOPPERS OR SHAKEY'S AND TRY THEIR PIZZAS AND THEN COMPARE TO THEIR OWN. BIG DIFFERENCE...HUGE!! A WEBSITE TO LOG ONTO FOR FEEDBACK MAKES MORE SENSE!!!
NURSEYKW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NURSEYKW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 10:26pm
SOMEONE TELL THE PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE FOR THESE COMMERCIALS TO TAKE A HIKE. SERIOUSLY HIRE SOMEONE ELSE!
Musfuut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Musfuut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2011 at 1:37pm
I agree this line of ads is stupid. I've had their chicken, hated it, didn't bother to tell them on the box. I just won't buy their chicken again.

On a side note; I've been lurking here for a while and have seen a lot of complaining. However it always bums me out when I see someone complaining about something I like and I feel sad for them that their experience has been so poor in the past compared to mine.

It makes me wonder if my backwards state is the only one to get fast food right.... wait is that even possible... or if there are pockets of bad franchise restaurants around popular areas they ruin peoples impressions for certain brands or items forever.

For instance I know if I want a fountain Pepsi, to go to the slightly further away Arbys instead of the closer Taco Bell, their Pepsi is consistently watered down or flat. However their fries are almost always day old. If I want fresh seasoned fries I need to hit up the local Checkers. I've memorized the best places for certain items, so I'm rarely upset with what I've been served.

The sonic in town is great for drinks but their food is always cold and low quality, with the exception of their steak breakfast sandwich... discontinued. You know someones food is bad when you offer to treat someone to lunch "Hey lets hit up Sonic for lunch, I'll treat." "Uhh, no thanks I'm not hungry, you go ahead."

On the other hand, I've for example ordered a lot of pizza from dominoes, papa johns, and pizza hut. Pizza hut pizza, here, is consistently greasy (by greasy I mean I wouldn't be shocked if Pizza Hut started advertising Now with 5% genuine BP oil in every slice) and tastes reheated. Papa Johns was decent in one town but here is absolutely horrible tasteless cardboard, except for the Hawaiian bbq chicken pizza which is almost always good.

Dominoes from multiple locations before their new recipe tasted like reheated Little Caesars (but that is because LC absolutely sucks here, it might be good elsewhere and then this comparison makes no sense, so I will try a different example.)

Dominoes before the new recipe tasted like a pizza made using 100% tomato paste, with freezer burnt cheese, which was briefly stored for several months under the sofa of the drivers ex-girlfriends mother, before being brought back and microwaved and then placed under a heat lamp in time for opening that day. Err wait I just described the local Little Caesars, sorry. I got the two confused before the new recipe.

However since their new recipe (which I thought at the time was utter BS), if I cannot afford at least 1 Dominoes pizza a month I consider that month as a total loss lol. The quality does vary somewhat, however out of some 40 pizzas since the new recipe, only 2 have been bad. The last one I had a couple months ago, I'd rate as the best pizza I have ever had.

Sorry for the rant, I got a little carried away perhaps. *blush*

SeanyGenovese View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanyGenovese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 4:21am
Dear lord, this is just another stupid attention whorish way for Domino's to get us talking about them. Honestly, their pizza ain't too bad, it just needs to be bigger, cheesier, and saucier, but they do well compared to local places that, in my opinion, blow these huge chains out the water. Like most people here said, no one is gonna go through the effort of seeing that Domino's gets the message that they like the chicken in any way other than buying it repeatedly. Another stupid idea from a stupid ad company. Confused
Conforming To Abnormality
133 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 133 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 9:51am
Domino's, aka The Pizza of Last Resort.
Brandon

my weight only stirs the ground
EventHorizon View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EventHorizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by Musfuut Musfuut wrote:

I agree this line of ads is stupid. I've had their chicken, hated it, didn't bother to tell them on the box. I just won't buy their chicken again.

On a side note; I've been lurking here for a while and have seen a lot of complaining. However it always bums me out when I see someone complaining about something I like and I feel sad for them that their experience has been so poor in the past compared to mine.

It makes me wonder if my backwards state is the only one to get fast food right.... wait is that even possible... or if there are pockets of bad franchise restaurants around popular areas they ruin peoples impressions for certain brands or items forever.

For instance I know if I want a fountain Pepsi, to go to the slightly further away Arbys instead of the closer Taco Bell, their Pepsi is consistently watered down or flat. However their fries are almost always day old. If I want fresh seasoned fries I need to hit up the local Checkers. I've memorized the best places for certain items, so I'm rarely upset with what I've been served.

The sonic in town is great for drinks but their food is always cold and low quality, with the exception of their steak breakfast sandwich... discontinued. You know someones food is bad when you offer to treat someone to lunch "Hey lets hit up Sonic for lunch, I'll treat." "Uhh, no thanks I'm not hungry, you go ahead."

On the other hand, I've for example ordered a lot of pizza from dominoes, papa johns, and pizza hut. Pizza hut pizza, here, is consistently greasy (by greasy I mean I wouldn't be shocked if Pizza Hut started advertising Now with 5% genuine BP oil in every slice) and tastes reheated. Papa Johns was decent in one town but here is absolutely horrible tasteless cardboard, except for the Hawaiian bbq chicken pizza which is almost always good.

Dominoes from multiple locations before their new recipe tasted like reheated Little Caesars (but that is because LC absolutely sucks here, it might be good elsewhere and then this comparison makes no sense, so I will try a different example.)

Dominoes before the new recipe tasted like a pizza made using 100% tomato paste, with freezer burnt cheese, which was briefly stored for several months under the sofa of the drivers ex-girlfriends mother, before being brought back and microwaved and then placed under a heat lamp in time for opening that day. Err wait I just described the local Little Caesars, sorry. I got the two confused before the new recipe.

However since their new recipe (which I thought at the time was utter BS), if I cannot afford at least 1 Dominoes pizza a month I consider that month as a total loss lol. The quality does vary somewhat, however out of some 40 pizzas since the new recipe, only 2 have been bad. The last one I had a couple months ago, I'd rate as the best pizza I have ever had.

Sorry for the rant, I got a little carried away perhaps. *blush*

I feel genuinely sorry for people who live in an area where Domino's (or Papa John's or Pizza Hut or any other chain pizza for that matter) can actually be considered good pizza.  
purrpickle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purrpickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 2:23am
What gets me is that when the guy who made the chicken hears that people can now give him feedback, he kinda freaks and gets troubled.

What? You don't have any faith in your chicken even though you just went on about how special it was? Jeeeez.

What a way to show that the chicken's good when the creator gets afraid that feedback may be coming...
Your friendly neighborhood pickle thief with the heart of a kitten. :}
Cherry_Carver View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry_Carver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 10:00am

Pizza hut pizza, here, is consistently greasy (by greasy I mean I wouldn't be shocked if Pizza Hut started advertising Now with 5% genuine BP oil in every slice) and tastes reheated.

LOL

You just exactly described the town I live in....

Quote You know someones food is bad when you offer to treat someone to lunch "Hey lets hit up Sonic for lunch, I'll treat." "Uhh, no thanks I'm not hungry, you go ahead."
Ultron 5 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ultron 5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 1:42pm
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the total lack of common sense of this campaign.
I comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by EventHorizon EventHorizon wrote:

I agree this line of ads is stupid. I've had their chicken, hated it, didn't bother to tell them on the box. I just won't buy their chicken again...

I feel genuinely sorry for people who live in an area where Domino's (or Papa John's or Pizza Hut or any other chain pizza for that matter) can actually be considered good pizza.  

I know!  I live in Generifornia, and chain pizza is about all I can get.  You just don't see pizzerias owned by some guy named Vito who only owns that one pizzeria.  Hell, we have a chain here called Mountain Mike's!  Somehow, I don't associate pizza with Mountain Anyone.  When people order pizza around here, it's always from one of those chain pizzerias.  And that being all they can get, they have a whole different standard for pizza.  At best, that stuff is just OK.

Oh, and then there's the chains that sell chicken wings along with pizza.  Chicken wings??  Seems to me that if a pizzeria is going to offer other stuff, it should be calzones, meatball sandwiches, spaghetti, etc.---not chicken wings.

Here, the only place to get a meatball sandwich is Subway.  They're OK, I guess.

sonkab View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonkab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 4:51am
I used to have a pretty favorable opinion of Domino's before these piece-of-sh*t commercials came out.  I mean, their pizza was never that good, but it was a decent thing to order if you're lazy with friends.  Plus I don't think it mattered much to me because we live in one of the best food cities around.

Also, Pizza Hut, Domino's, and whatever else need to stop competing on price because Little Caesar's will always have them beat with their $6 pizzas.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic