Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AT&T Ski Lift

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AT&T Ski Lift
    Posted: 10 Feb 2011 at 11:49pm

Sponsored Links

Geezer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2011 at 2:58pm
This commercial seems to be a deliberate rip-off of the Sprint "crazy people" commercials. Not as funny when it's not original...

AT&T's ad agency needs some ORIGINAL ideas...they've already ripped off Christo, now they're ripping off one of their major competitors.
Rice is good if you're hungry and feel like eating 2,000 of something. - Mitch Hedberg
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 2:55am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

The problem with most commercials is that people don't act normal.  This one is an exception.

dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 9:10pm
I love how the guy on the right seems to not care that his smart phone was thrown out like that.  If I was him, the guy in the orange coat would be shelling out the (at least $100) to replace the phone, and he'd find his sunglasses flying in the air like the phone did. Evil Smile
Welcome to Commercial Land. This is a magical place where all women look up while eating, and it is perfectly acceptable to slurp the hell out of a Dannon yogurt cup.
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 10:54pm
She said she's been wanting to date him for a year and she only broke up with orange coat six months ago.  LOL  If that were me I might be a bit ticked.
orion70 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orion70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2011 at 12:58am
I like this one.  Although what self-respecting person sends not only numerous texts but also a video after being asked on a date? 

I'd have thrown the phone and maybe kicked the guy off the chair to boot. 
Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 12:39am
Yeah, the video and millions of texts after his asking her out would normally be red flags, but the commercial is trying to cram the whole thing into 30sec after all. It's about showing how fast the thing is. Besides, she was clearly very enthused after waiting for the new guy for so long!
ProudHeart86 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudHeart86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 10:45pm

Hehe, this is one commercial I actually don't mind seeing :D  I'm a lot like that guy (the ex)...it's one thing to ask this girl out but come ON!  That new guy is totally rubbing it in the ex's face! He's just like "I got your girlfriend neener neener neener!"  The ex's reaction is beautiful...he's calm, but gets the point (and the phone) across.  LOVE it! 

Carly Corday View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carly Corday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 5:34pm
I LOVE this commercial so much, I sit riveted until it's over so I can laugh again before hitting MUTE to ignore the rest of the commercial break.

If only all commercials would go for this feeling. SATISFACTION. This commercial is pitch perfect. The guy doing the texting is PERFECT in his annoyingness, right down to his hairstyle, nose, and voice. The other guy is PERFECT in his regularness. You instantly can't stand one and instantly empathize with the other, without even knowing it. Bam-bam, it's over, and you feel great.

The way the annoying one jabs the other one with his arm when he says "She says she's been wanting me to ask for over a year!" I can feel him jabbing my arm!

Then our hero takes and throws the phone out over the snowy mountain peaks. I want to be that guy's mom. I'm too old to cuddle him as his girlfriend. If I'm ever forced to get a "real" cell phone with extreme and silly features, I want that one.

Love it.
"Turn up the crazy and tear off the knob!"
—Stephen Colbert to Fox News whack-job Glenn Beck (Indian name "Paints with Poop")
Carly Corday View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carly Corday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 5:45pm
Re danger, the ski lift setting is genius. It lets fear into the mix. Will the regular one throw the annoying one out of the chair? Will they wrestle after the regular one throws the phone, and fall?

Maybe the reason I don't get mad at the one throwing the phone, as dp7 does, is that I can't fully identify, being female and not so young? Oh yeah, and not having or desiring a pricey phone. But it makes me ALMOST want one. And my youngest son (a soldier) is almost that careless with the pricey phones he's owned, so it doesn't seem completely weird to me.

I don't think I'm even spelling "pricey" right. That's how much I know.

Now I do hope they don't decide to make a follow-up of this commercial, and start up a story about the 2 guys, and bring in the girlfriend. That would ruin it, unless it's extremely well done. I don't think they could match the first commercial no matter how they try.
"Turn up the crazy and tear off the knob!"
—Stephen Colbert to Fox News whack-job Glenn Beck (Indian name "Paints with Poop")
sniffels323 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sniffels323 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 5:48pm
I love it! There are so many times I would love to toss the phone from some dipCensored! They could make some other good ones of people talking in bathrooms, (Flush It!) at a red light after the light has changed to green. I saw a man and woman arguing in a car the other day, she snatched the guys phone, broke it in half and tossed the parts out the window! I had to pull over! It was not safe to drive with tears in my eyes! 
Insanity does not run in my family...It strolls through and gets to know everybody personally.
keyboardplayer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keyboardplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 8:49pm
I wanted to punch that dude, but he got his when the other guy threw his phone. Not sure that it's very effective to show your product being used by a complete jerk so we cheer for the guy that destroys it, though.
This is your brain on commercials.
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 12:42am
As a guy whose first high-school "going steady" GF started going out with my (soon to be former) best friend a week after breaking up with me, I'm with those who love this commercial.

And IMHO, Carly Corday (see analysis above) should be psychoanalyzing commercials for a living. Thumbs Up
Hundreds of threads killed.
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 1:15am
I thought this commercial was somewhat amusing, until I saw it virtually every commercial break.  It got old fast.
I have 168 characters remaining.
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 8:35am
Originally posted by ProudHeart86 ProudHeart86 wrote:

Hehe, this is one commercial I actually don't mind seeing :D  I'm a lot like that guy (the ex)...it's one thing to ask this girl out but come ON!  That new guy is totally rubbing it in the ex's face! He's just like "I got your girlfriend neener neener neener!"  The ex's reaction is beautiful...he's calm, but gets the point (and the phone) across.  LOVE it! 

As a guy I know this.  The guy with the phone is NOT consciously rubbing it in his friends face.  He is just completely absorbed in the fact that the girl likes HIM.  He's is not even thinking about what his friend feels. 

Have you ever watched Big Bang Theory?  Two guys in that show will be having a conversation with each other.  Both talking about completely different things at the same time.  Neither one is actually listening to the other.  It's a guy thing.

keyboardplayer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keyboardplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 7:02pm
He still needs to get punched in the nose.
This is your brain on commercials.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic