Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Secret Deodorant: Girl showing off her armpits

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2008 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by smokefilledlungs smokefilledlungs wrote:

That poor doorman.
That bitch just reminded him of the Korean War.
He'll probably go drink now.
LOL I figured he'd help her catch the (hood of the) next Taxi. 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Amy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 5:46am

I totally agree with you! I can't stand when she hails that taxi then just blows him off and say's "No, I'd rather walk", it makes me want to slap her, or slap whoever thought that her being rude like that is "cute", yuck! It's arrogant and she annoys me to no end!
LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 6:16am
Whole bunches of new folks in this thread.  Welcome, one and all!
Love endures all.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 6:43am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

They should have a commercial with men doing the same:

No.  No, they should not!  I HATE armpit hair, and I don't see why men shouldn't have to shave their pits, too. Yuck!

[Hell, I can handle back hair:  my father and my brother are practically gorillas.  But not pit hair.  Hate it!]

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 6:57am

Then, you'll LOVE this:

BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 7:28am
All I have to say about 'Little Miss Pits-Don't-Stink' is...thank the omnipotent being of your choice that she wasn't hired to do ads containing the phrase 'That not so fresh feeling'!
Ihatetelevision View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihatetelevision Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2008 at 1:49am
Thanks for the warm welcome!  Wink  And keep bashin' those damn ads!!!!!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2008 at 2:16am

Does anyone KNOW???!!!

Does anyone CARE???!!!

...how HARD it is to peel 'em away and ...

"GET 'EM UP!!! GET 'EM UP!!!"

...just for this f'n POST?!!!!

my f'n titties are TWISTED, I tell ya!!!!

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2008 at 5:29am
Confused

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2008 at 6:03am
Originally posted by MrsHill MrsHill wrote:

Confused

Yeah.  What she said.  Confused Confused
Vindicated View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vindicated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2008 at 6:21am
I put this commercial in the same marketing style as all of those Match.com and other dating ads on Myspace all showing different girls tying their hair back and showing their underarms.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2008 at 6:54am
Originally posted by Vindicated Vindicated wrote:

I put this commercial in the same marketing style as all of those Match.com and other dating ads on Myspace all showing different girls tying their hair back and showing their underarms.

I think such ads are really about showing off breasts.  Arms go up, and what happens?  Breasts jut forth!!  I think this is why lots of young women do that dance where they raise their arms over their heads.  I doubt it's to show off their smooth, fresh-smelling underarms.  It's about displaying their glands in order to call forth the male response.  You don't really see males doing that dance.  Males call forth the female response by buying them drinks, in order to display their ability to take care of them.  And to get 'em drunk.

"Here they are, boys!  Do you like them?"

Vindicated View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vindicated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2008 at 6:59am
That makes more sense then.
fourstringdrums View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fourstringdrums Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2008 at 6:59am
Originally posted by Vindicated Vindicated wrote:

I don't think of that, I just think of how I feel like a peeping tom whenever one of these ads come up, like I'm watching and they don't know.
Dad! The cable is out again CAN YOU FIXTH THIT!?
BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2008 at 7:32am

[/QUOTE]

"Ohhhhh, there ain't no stinks on me,
There ain't no stinks on meeeeee...
There may be stinks
On some of you finks,
But there ain't no stinks on meeeee!"LOL
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2008 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by BrianO BrianO wrote:

"Ohhhhh, there ain't no stinks on me,
There ain't no stinks on meeeeee...
There may be stinks
On some of you finks,
But there ain't no stinks on meeeee!"LOL
[/QUOTE]

Oh my God, Brian, you are too damned funny!  I just woke up and I'm reading through bleary eyes, and still, you cracked me up.  LOLLOLLOL

Pebb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pebb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2008 at 2:35am
ClapYou are SO right! I'm surprised Secret isn't losing business since this commercial aired - the "I didn't even know that guy" in that nasally voice --- I'm surprised that the other people in the commercial didn't slap her at that point! Most ridiculous excuse for a commercial that would actually convince someone to purchase the product!!!
gagejennifer View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gagejennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2008 at 3:48pm

I went a few pages in and didn't see a thread for this one, but if its already been mentioned in the "I Hate It" section, I apologize. But this one to me is just so annoying !. She goes walking down the street, high fives some guy, tells him she 'vibes' (or whatever she says) and just keeps on walking. Then she just keeps on smelling and feeling her armpits as she goes on her merry way during the ad. Now what kind of woman in her right mind is going to do that during the day, I ask you ?!.  (I sure wouldn't lol !) But for some odd reason - and I honestly dont' know what came over me - last night I saw this commercial for the millionth time, and I just had to crack up laughing at it. But hey, I guess if it pays her bills, right ?.

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 2:19am
If Arrid Extra Dry armpit deodouriser or Ban Roll-On were used, that would eliminate most of the problems too, haha!!! WinkLOLWink

belle83773 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belle83773 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 3:48pm
haha too funny  LOL
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 8:56pm
HEY why did the title of the thread change? I originally named it "Secret Flawless Deodorant: May Cause Crazies".... ::shifty eyes::

I'm guessing it was to make more people know what the post was actually about. Confused
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

HEY why did the title of the thread change? I originally named it "Secret Flawless Deodorant: May Cause Crazies".... ::shifty eyes::

I'm guessing it was to make more people know what the post was actually about. Confused

It appears that the two threads on this topic were merged into one handy-dandy topic. 
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 9:22pm
Well that sure makes life much easier, thanks Nathan!
ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 11:18pm
yippeekayay, hezadancer.
B.the1st View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.the1st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 4:01pm
Personally, for the record, I find showing "armpit sniffing" on a commercial is visually offensive.  It's down-right disgusting, IMO. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic