Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What Is Your Favorite Song In The World?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Is Your Favorite Song In The World?
    Posted: 16 Jan 2011 at 11:06pm

If you had to pick one favorite song in the world, what song would you choose? I would choose, 'Human," by the Human League. :) That song just takes me away to a good place. It's haunting, it's chilling, it's relaxing, and calming. It's a beautiful song. In my opinion, it's as close to perfection as a song can get. :)

Here is this wonderful song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1ysoohV_zA&feature=fvsr

Sponsored Links

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 4:22pm
There are too many styles of music and too many great musicians for me to narrow it down, but one song that has always been on the top of mylist would be "Wild Horses"  by the Rolling Stones. 
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 5:17pm
I've never heard that Human League song.  And I was around at that time!

Wild Horses is a worthy favorite.  A lot of Stones songs are.  Not since the mid-70s maybe, but definitely before then.

It changes for me all the time.  I have about 1,500 songs in my iTunes, and a good many of them have been "my favorite song in the world" at one time or another.

One that pops up at the top of that list quite often, and has been doing so for 40 years, is Electric Funeral by Black Sabbath.  And Call of the West by Wall of Voodoo.  And White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane.  Oh, and The Future by Leonard Cohen.  And then there's...

See what I mean?  I can't pick any absolute favorite.

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 5:17pm
That's such a tough question. I don't have a #1 all time favorite song, same with movies and food. There are just too many I like at any given time.

I decided to ask my iPod what my most played song currently is. It is apparently this, so RIGHT NOW this is my favorite song of all time. I do love it, I could listen to it forever! This entire band is on the top of my list right now:

It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 5:39pm
Another thing...sometimes lyrics matter to me, sometimes they don't.  I just noticed that my above "mentions", all have serious sorts of lyrics.  No fluff there (though sometimes I like fluff---just not Pomplamoose).  So I guess I'm in a lyrics mood today. 

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 5:58pm

...well...maybe not...I dunno...Dead

...actually, I don't think I have ONE, but this is in my 'top 3'...first album I ever bought (as soon as it came out), first song I learned on trombone, first one I played 'professionally'.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 6:26pm

Todd Rungren's "Hello It's Me" has never bored me in the past quarter century or so. It was one of his first hits, he was like 18 at the time, recorded it in his apartment and did all the instruments and most of the singing- something like that. Love how it builds up layers as the song goes on; how it starts off and ends kinda loose; a really unique sound.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by Christine Christine wrote:

Todd Rungren's "Hello It's Me"....

Big%20smileClapYes, yes! Wonderful cut - another one of my favorites...from his first and (in my opinion) best album... 
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 6:43pm
Big%20smile...now ya got me going...I may do my 'Top 10' before this is through...two more:
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 9:16pm
Old guy....many favorites.

"Yesterday" and "You've Got a Friend" are two. 

Like Thor, I could name 1,000 more.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 9:27pm
Roy Orbison's  "Crying"  gets me every time. Actually, anything Roy Orbison sang moved me.

In another genre, I love Glen Miller - "In the Mood"  is awesome.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I prefer the original.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 10:06pm
I have no "one" favorite song. I have favorite driving tunes, metal tunes,mellow tunes,southern rock tunes, etc.,etc.
Depends...
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 10:34pm
Just like you guys, there's too many for me to pick a particular "all-time favorite". I love way too much music for that kind of decision...

But this one will always be pretty high in the running:

"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by Yutolia Yutolia wrote:

Just like you guys, there's too many for me to pick a particular "all-time favorite". I love way too much music for that kind of decision...

But this one will always be pretty high in the running:

Clap...another yes, yes, YES! THAT was my 'giddy up & get it' song, years back - started many a morning with that one - always got me going in a great state of mind.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

I have no "one" favorite song. I have favorite driving tunes, metal tunes,mellow tunes,southern rock tunes, etc.,etc.
Depends...

My fave driving song.  The instrumental break at about 2 minutes is the best.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 12:07am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Depends...

My fave driving song.  The instrumental break at about 2 minutes is the best.

THAT is funny! That was the 3rd album I bought (Mountain was second - and a waste of money) - never got into it that much because MissyDWolf didn't like it.
No matter...from there going forward, guess we have both ought a TON of music we both love and...well, don't.
Can't get our money back.
Guess we are still trying to value 'diversity' before we claim we both f'kd up...
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 12:49am
"Stairway to Heaven" would get my vote.  You may have heard of it.

Probably could list a few dozen more that could contend for the top spot.

I have 168 characters remaining.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 12:54am
Because it is impossible to find...Steve Forbert's "Lonesome Cowboy Bill's Song" is IMPOSSIBLE to find (unless you can get the Forbert masterpiece, 'Young, Guitar Days' CD), i'll toss in a few others...
Big%20smileI MUST add this one! (I so very much love this tune...it works every time I listen to it...)

...and, for the chilluns..another fav that I used to put myself to sleep with, yet with what I would wake the pups - they disliked it so much (as does MissyDWolf) - but doncha know, ya just cannot 'drive good taste' into even your own...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 1:32am
HeartMy personal favorite for the best minutes with MissyDWolf...
HeartMissyDWolf's choice...(she'd trade me in for Frankie Beverly any dayCry - maybe not...he's a friend, I think...)
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 2:15am
I've had three old people email me this song.  For some reason, this new song appeals to many of us oldsters.  I dunno why that is.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 2:17am
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 2:19am
My favorite video in the world.  Featuring a very bad girl.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 2:25am
LOLBig%20smileFrom some of our long-time, very dear friends who have been performing together for almost the last 50 years....I'm *pretty sure* I have NOTHING to do with this song coming together...(no...I KNOW I'm not one of the 'subjects'; I'd recognize the clothes, if not the location - so there!) 
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 2:40am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av4PezYZoBk
Kate Bush. THE FOG! Part of it is in my signature. I LOVE THIS SONG SO MUCH!
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic