Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Hey, diabetics! No more finger pricks!"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Hey, diabetics! No more finger pricks!"
    Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 11:33pm
According to recent commercials for new blood-sugar/glucose monitors, diabetics don't have to prick their fingers anymore to test their blood sugar anymore.

"You can do it on you arm where it's less painful."

I find this ad depressing because, even though I'm not diabetic myself (KNOCK WOOD), I know certain diabetics can't use this new method and still have to prick their fingers. I'm not sure why that is, but I know it must this particular ad must drive them up the wall!
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
Sponsored Links

LilRebelChick View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 3:52am
Originally posted by 70s80s 70s80s wrote:

According to recent commercials for new blood-sugar/glucose monitors, diabetics don't have to prick their fingers anymore to test their blood sugar anymore.

"You can do it on you arm where it's less painful."

I find this ad depressing because, even though I'm not diabetic myself (KNOCK WOOD), I know certain diabetics can't use this new method and still have to prick their fingers. I'm not sure why that is, but I know it must this particular ad must drive them up the wall!

Lol, how about this one with the syrupy sweet Nicole Johnson whom I'm sure has caused many a diabetic  sugar spiked induced comas?

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 5:07am
Quote "You can do it on your arm where it's less painful."

Fortunately the rectal method flopped.... Shocked
Mommacita View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mommacita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 5:46pm
If you think this one's bad, then how about this little gem?

Mommacita View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mommacita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 5:48pm
There are so many things just wrong...  I am especially unsettled by the cross-eyed woman telling me how well she can 'see' her number.  

My fave part?  "There's my number!"  I laugh every time I hear her and I am not sure why.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by Mommacita Mommacita wrote:

Is it me or does that Doctor have that "Charles Manson" look in his eyes? Shocked
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 1:23am

There are so many things just wrong...  I am especially unsettled by the cross-eyed woman telling me how well she can 'see' her number.   

My fave part?  "There's my number!"  I laugh every time I hear her and I am not sure why. 

Probably 'cause you just know she sees her number as 8989.

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by LilRebelChick LilRebelChick wrote:

Is it me or does that Doctor have that "Charles Manson" look in his eyes? Shocked

Yep.  Completely soulless.  Creepy as hell. 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

Originally posted by LilRebelChick LilRebelChick wrote:

Yep.  Completely soulless.  Creepy as hell. 

He's probably a closet serial killer, lol. Shocked
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2011 at 6:45am
This commercial comes on during Jeopardy every night. There are so many things wrong with it...the loud-ass black woman screaming "OWW-WWW!" in the beginning, the fake acting, that cross-eyed woman talking about seeing her number (THERE'S irony for ya! Wink) and that extremely creepy doctor. I'm going to have nightmares now about his eyes and single expression face! *shudders*
ProudHeart86 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudHeart86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2011 at 5:43pm

LOL, cross-eyed lady makes me laugh LOL  And honestly, I crack up with the lady at the end goes "THERE'S mah number!"  She just sounds like such a sassy black lady when she says that, I always crack up when I hear it... 

Mommacita View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mommacita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2011 at 7:23pm
I love that part!  She sounds like a sugary, sassy southern lady!  LOL
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2011 at 7:25pm
This commercial is friends with the one about clean catheters.
Cherry_Carver View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry_Carver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

This commercial is friends with the one about clean catheters.

LOL

"I was devastated...I had to REUSE CATHETERS!!!"

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 2:41pm

I think you misunderstood the cross-eyed lady.  She actually says, "Not only can I see my number (probably in double as Thor pointed out) I can hear it too!!!!".
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic