Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to..... on CIH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2008 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I've also posted invisible messages.  See below.

It's easy.  Just type out your post and change the color to white.  To see the message, just drag your cursor over it. 

Aaaha!!!  LOL
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2008 at 5:28pm

I wonder if you're the first person who'd noticed I'd done that.  Big%20smile

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2008 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Wild Starchild Wild Starchild wrote:

Just a little note, on MOST sites for those of you with bad eyesight or for those who don't like reading small text, if you have a scrolling mouse, hold down Control and roll your mouse wheel and watch what happens.

What a considerate suggestion, WS! Great!Clap

I'd like to jump on your 'bandwagon', here...another way to assist the visually-impaired - XP Magnifier:

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2008 at 8:54pm
Vista doesn't have a run box. Unhappy
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2008 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by musicman musicman wrote:

First - RUN for VISTA

Second - magnifier for VISTA

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2008 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by musicman musicman wrote:

First - RUN for VISTA

Second - magnifier for VISTA

Thanks Pa

The key is to simply type magnify in the search window on the start menu.  No other key is required other than enter.
The Fondler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Fondler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2008 at 8:14pm
I used Vista for about 2 hours.

I had to stop because I didn't want to choke on my own vomit.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2008 at 8:51pm
'Vista' is not ready for prime time...still a bit of 'blue sky' in progress...(sorry - gotta edit this...).
If you ARE a computer scientist, enjoy. Or maybe be VERY disappointed.
M'soft never understood the difference between multi-user and multi-tasking, or the correct melding of both - they understand 'presentation' - which is what YOU bought.
Some of us either retrofit, or re-engineer the product for business purpose. 
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2008 at 9:01pm
Eh, for the most part, Vista is really no different than any other windows operating system.  Other than the side bar with the analog clock that looks almost identical to the one I have in my living room.

The search feature is definately a plus.  It pre-indexes so that when you search, the results are instantaneous.  Unlike XP where you have to go take a lunch then come back for your results.

Really other than that Vista is pretty much, same old, same old.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2008 at 9:51pm
Not really, MM-00.
The indexing is available for XP.
The graphics are available.
The driver portion of the I/O subsystem is not the same, nor as good. THAT counts.
That's only the start.
Where do you really want to go with this?

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2008 at 11:52pm
So, you have Vista Pa?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2008 at 12:13pm
Got it on a few machines in our lab at the office; have a team trying to stabilize our standard business suite on it.  
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2008 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Not really, MM-00.
The indexing is available for XP.
The graphics are available.
The driver portion of the I/O subsystem is not the same, nor as good. THAT counts.
That's only the start.
Where do you really want to go with this?

Wasn't trying to cause a dispute.  I mean, I use Vista, but I'm no techno geek that would have found the error to the million power like they did on that flawed pentium chip.

I use it to surf the net, watch YouTube and banter about on CIH and Oh yeah play a game here or there. 

For me, I just don't see any huge difference between it and XP, however as I mentioned earlier, another plus of Vista is that when you shut it down, it shuts down. 

Every computer I have ever had with XP on down, would lock up under most conditions and require a manual OS override to shut it down. 

There, now I said it. LOL

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2008 at 6:54pm

how did I do this?

I took a picture of a normal error message from the internet, put it in Powerpoint, blocked out the text with a white box, so it looked blank, replaced the text with a text box, set it to 14 point Microsoft San Serif (don't sue me), typed what I want, fit it in grouped it, saved it as picture, uploaded it to imageshack, tested it in previews repeated that couple of times, until I got the right shape, uploaded it to imageshack, and voila, it's done.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 3:10am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

how did I do this?

I took a picture of a normal error message from the internet, put it in Powerpoint, blocked out the text with a white box, so it looked blank, replaced the text with a text box, set it to 14 point Microsoft San Serif (don't sue me), typed what I want, fit it in grouped it, saved it as picture, uploaded it to imageshack, tested it in previews repeated that couple of times, until I got the right shape, uploaded it to imageshack, and voila, it's done.

There are web sites that allow you to create your own error messages with pre programmed software.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 3:56am
Well, I guess I'll have to repost this question again since it apparently f**king disappeared after I posted it the first f**king time.

What I asked earlier is if there is anyway to merge your Outlook inbox, sent items, drafts etc. from one computer to the inbox, sent items & drafts on another without losing the emails from the target computer.

Do you need special software, or can it be done from within Windows?

There used to be a DOS command that allowed you to merge data from one file into another file of the same type.

Anyone know anything about this?

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2008 at 2:23am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Well, I guess I'll have to repost this question again since it apparently f**king disappeared after I posted it the first f**king time.

What I asked earlier is if there is anyway to merge your Outlook inbox, sent items, drafts etc. from one computer to the inbox, sent items & drafts on another without losing the emails from the target computer.

Do you need special software, or can it be done from within Windows?

There used to be a DOS command that allowed you to merge data from one file into another file of the same type.

Anyone know anything about this?

Are you wanting to have access to the same emails on 2 different computers simultaneously?

You might be able to check the box that allows the mail to stay on the server for a couple of days.  Allowing you to download it on to different computers.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2008 at 1:43pm
No, I want to take old emails that I've not deleted, but put into the "Sent Items" & "Drafts" folders & sub folders that I've created & saved on a flash drive, & merge them into the same folders on another computer without replacing or overwriting the emails that are already in there on the target computer.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 12:43am
OK, I'm guilty as charged for posting youtube links without embedding them. I've tried a few times and had no success, but I'll get it right dagnabbit!  I'll embed the video for "Something Better Change" by the Stranglers.  An apropos song in title alone!  Here, let me try again:

Cross your fingers!

Cool!  I did it!!!  Smile
"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2008 at 3:17am
The key to embedding the YouTube videos is to leave out the v= also leave no spaces between the tube /tube.
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2008 at 12:36pm
Sometimes the '=' is followed by a '-' or a '_'
If your video doesn't show up, check for that, as you'll need to keep those.

Also, please remember to use the video icon, so those with slower connections will know what to expect when they open your thread.  If you want to use a different icon, please put (video) at the end of the thread title.

I'll go in and edit thread titles/icons when I see if they're needed; which unless you're the OP you are unable to do anyway.  I'll also turn your links into embedded video(s), as Nathan has asked.  Not a problem for me, there's only that delay between the time that you post it, and the time that I see it.

I'm sure you all would rather embed your own video, though Big%20smile.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2008 at 8:16pm
You forgot to explain if the youtube is "related", HollyMod.Wink 
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2008 at 9:53pm
I'm having a weird day, not sure what that means.

Is it something I'll figure out tomorrow?
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2008 at 1:00am
Tiz Tube Tute ......."related"

"un-related"LOL

drop the "= related"
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2008 at 1:05am
Also the "&feature"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic