Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - McDonald's Caramel Mocha - couple slapping table
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

McDonald's Caramel Mocha - couple slapping table

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosynyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: McDonald's Caramel Mocha - couple slapping table
    Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 1:01pm
I apologize if there is already a thread for this but I couldn't find one.  Also I could not find video for it, I guess it is too new.

I've seen this commercial a few times now.  Basically a group goes to McDonald's to try the Caramel Mochas and spies on a couple who has a complex "routine" of slapping their hands on the table in unison.  I think the premise is that they are "in harmony" just like the caramel and mocha are in the drink.  A guy from the group asks his friends "So what do you think?" and they all nod in approval.  In any case, I think the couple seems so dork and awkward - the "routine" is not very impressive and looks very random and out-of-place.  It has nothing to do with the drink aside from being a random diversion.

Definitely not a fan of this commercial.
Sponsored Links

Tech View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 9:45pm

This one? If so, I agree, this is just brutal. If not, this one is still awful.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 12:10am
I've seen it once, and that was damn well more than enough.   
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 12:25am
ConfusedActually, I was kind of impressed - don't think I could pull half of that crap off!
Now what were they trying to sell? Tickets to "STOMP"?
Think I could watch that for about 45 minutes, then, well...I might want to take a break, grabe a latte, and go see the second half of the show...hmmm...wonder if they have baristas at the stage show? 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
rosynyc View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosynyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 12:25am
Yes, that's the commercial although I've seen a longer version.  Even the song is fluffy and annoying.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 12:45am
WTF did I just watch?

Another billion dollars thrown down the drain for this crap. Angry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 2:46am
I'd be calling the people in straight jackets if I saw someone do this randomly while eating at McDonalds.  I really hate how smug and smarmy the guy looks as he does it...they might as well have made him say "Oh yeah...I'm cool." Disapprove
Welcome to Commercial Land. This is a magical place where all women look up while eating, and it is perfectly acceptable to slurp the hell out of a Dannon yogurt cup.
Chet Desmond View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chet Desmond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 4:27am
Agreed!  I saw this commercial and wanted to smack them both with a tray.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by Chet Desmond Chet Desmond wrote:

Get a partner and beat them both with the trays in sync. LOL
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 2:06am
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

Get a partner and beat them both with the trays in sync. LOL

thump thump *smack smack*LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Williams View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Williams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 2:14am
WARNING:Following presentation might bring children nightmares.WATCH WITH CAUTION
you've reached an imaginary number,please rotate your phone 90 degrees and try again
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 4:35am
It's Riverdance.  With hands.   Dead

The execs who produced this ad should be slapped.  With a large fish....
Advertz View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Advertz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 11:35pm
Dead Wow, I hope I never see that again.
tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 5:59am
I won't argue that they're talented.

But it's still a dumb commercial...what does it do to sell me coffee? Is it telling me that their Caramel Mocha makes you break out into random table slapping? It's about as annoying as that apple dippers commercial where the little kid in the yellow jumpsuit.

As for the couple, they both have irritatingly smug expressions on their faces. I really wish McDonald's would stop trying to be so hip and relevant. I have a feeling their ad writers are all 60-year-olds who ask their teenage kids what's in these days.
The poster formerly known as producer757
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 2:24am
Originally posted by tvpirate05 tvpirate05 wrote:

I won't argue that they're talented.

But it's still a dumb commercial...what does it do to sell me coffee? Is it telling me that their Caramel Mocha makes you break out into random table slapping? It's about as annoying as that apple dippers commercial where the little kid in the yellow jumpsuit.

As for the couple, they both have irritatingly smug expressions on their faces. I really wish McDonald's would stop trying to be so hip and relevant. I have a feeling their ad writers are all 60-year-olds who ask their teenage kids what's in these days.
The bolded statement = my thoughts exactly.

- Mark Twain

SqaurePeg61 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SqaurePeg61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 4:48pm
Has anyone heard the radio spot for McDonald's Caramel Mocha?  For those who might not have heard it, a man and a woman are having a debate over the correct pronunciation of "caramel", with the man taking the position that it's "carmel" while the woman argues in favor of "caramel."

Woman: "'Carmel' is a town in Indiana."

Man: "Yeah, but you don't say, 'Caramel, Indiana.'"

Might that be because the name of the town in Indiana is spelled, "Carmel?" 
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 5:13pm
Mostly I am cross because they are NOT ACTUALLY DRINKING THOSE DRINKS! What the HECK is up with that?
Coffee and McD is a bad combination anyway. I remember when I first voted years ago and I had a cappuccino. Worse idea ever.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
ratattack View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ratattack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 7:19pm
I don't know why, but the song "beat on the brat (with a baseball bat)" always comes to mind whenever I see this ad 
level10skank View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote level10skank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 4:06am
Saw this one for the first time today. Luckily the remote was within arm's reach and I didn't have to watch more than five seconds of it. Another indescribably annoying "normal everyday people making percussion noises, aren't we so clever?" commercial. Though I only saw five seconds of this one I dare say it is the worst offender yet, even worse than the kit kat commercials.
Who are the ad wizards who came up with this one?
tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 6:28am
I think I know what's wrong with the commercial. In typical McDonald's fashion, it features people doing stuff that folks never would do in real life. Making love to a "rib" sandwich, singing R&B songs for "chicken" nuggets, a kid dancing to hip-hop for apple dippers, slapping the table for coffee.

Again, McDonald's really needs to stop trying to be hip. It's extra-lame.
The poster formerly known as producer757
133 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 133 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 9:21am

i was watching some TV with my mom last night and this commercial came and she even said it was stupid.

Brandon

my weight only stirs the ground
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 2:37am
Nothing they're doing is particularly hard or exciting. They have this look on their face the entire time that reeks of smug self importance. Guess what...EVEN RETARDS CAN BANG ON A TABLE! I dare say especially retards. I hate how they show people in the restaurant looking at them with smiles on their faces. If this sh*t went down in a real McDonald's you'd have people rolling their eyes and complaining. Wtf does any of this have to do with coffee?
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Kirbybeast! View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirbybeast! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 1:57am
 I always think,"OHMYGOD, the coffee is so bad it turned them into zombies!They're so un-dead, they don't even get whipped cream on their lips!"
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 3:24pm

Very funny!  I hate this commercial, too!
LilRebelChick View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 9:51pm
Slap-happy Bastards!Thumbs%20Down  Oh, so stupid. I hate most of McDonald's commercials anyway with that "Ba da bump ba bah" or whatever the hell it is they're singing. Remember this one with the girl riding up the hill on a bike and her orgasmic "I love my mornings" crap? I'm so glad they finally quit running that one.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic