Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hyundai Christmas commercial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meathousehoolihan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 9:21pm
epitome of hipsters. neo-hippy 20-somethings & irritating music consisting of odd vocals and some form of keyboards. bah! what's the deal with that fugly girl? at least it seems that guy had fun with it, she looks like a real wet blanket.
Sponsored Links

dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 11:23pm
I am, apparently, in the minority when I say that this ad doesn't annoy me.  I think it is kinda interesting how the woman's voice sounds like it was recorded in the 1940s.  It just has that classic feel to it.  I'd rather watch that ad than the local tone-deaf Fairfax Hyundai holiday ad , though. LOL

But the visuals in this ad...Dead...especially the too-cool-for-school idiot on the drums.
Welcome to Commercial Land. This is a magical place where all women look up while eating, and it is perfectly acceptable to slurp the hell out of a Dannon yogurt cup.
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 3:17am
The name of this collaberation is Pomplamoose.  As someone mentioned earlier.
As an amatuer musician, honestly, I really enjoy their videos.  She actually does have a really good voice, which is not really shown off in the "Up on the Housetop" track.
At the end of a lot of the videos they talk to the YouTube audience, where she (Nataly is her name and Jack is his) talk about tee-shirts and charity donations.
They don't earn a dime off of this stuff so far, it is all donated to charity.

This is their video of the song that was used in the Chevy commercial.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 4:10am

I kinda like that version of Mr. Sandman.  But as soon as they started talking, I knew they had to be from SF.  I knew it!  Kinda cloying, if you ask me.  Especially him.  Nothing creeps me out more than guys who believe in the magical world of unicorns.

133 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 133 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 5:45am
i thought the girl singing was Frou Frou. not one of the better commercials this holiday season but nothing to hate over.
Brandon

my weight only stirs the ground
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 11:09pm
I know that I'm not tone deaf and I think she has a great voice.  Those that think she can't sing are the tone deaf ones.
JasperGretsch View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasperGretsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 12:07am
Originally posted by 133 133 wrote:

i thought the girl singing was Frou Frou. not one of the better commercials this holiday season but nothing to hate over.

Frou Frou is Imogen Heap. SHE can definitely sing.

So can this girl, but she just has no character to her voice. She sounds board.
133 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 133 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 12:15am
Originally posted by JasperGretsch JasperGretsch wrote:

Frou Frou is Imogen Heap. SHE can definitely sing.

So can this girl, but she just has no character to her voice. She sounds board.

really? no wonder why i thought they sounded the same. my sister listens to her so that's how i know of her.
Brandon

Williams View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Williams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 2:05am
That lady is weird because she dont show feelings when singing she looks like she cold hearted because look at her facial form
you've reached an imaginary number,please rotate your phone 90 degrees and try again
Williams View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Williams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 2:06am
OMG!!!! THIS ISNT THE F**CKING 40's!
you've reached an imaginary number,please rotate your phone 90 degrees and try again
EvanB View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EvanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2010 at 1:34am
I think the girl's kinda cute, and the song's been in my head most of this month.  I can see how the ad might be annoying though.

Originally posted by MrCleveland MrCleveland wrote:

This commercial is pail! This commercial is bucket! This commercial reminds me of this!...

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2010 at 2:51am
Seems these insipid commercials with the twee music and the fey couple are now on every ten minutes.  Are car dealerships expecting a last-minute sellout on Christmas Eve or something?

The more I see this duo, the more I dislike them.  It's getting dangerously close to a seething, downright hatred.  I can't wait for them to go away.  Or die.  Especially the guy.  I'm borderline wanting the Taliban to behead him.

Morons on the loose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morons on the loose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2010 at 1:38am

I could not agree more with anyone that posted the desire to dish out a physical beating on these two clowns. The very first time I saw this back in late Nov or early Dec it made me furious and I knew I could turn to this site for therapy.

Now that I’ve seen it at least 50 more times since, it’s angered me to the point I would punch this guy square in the chops if I ever saw him. He’s an a$$hole shaking around with all his little props and outfits! I’d break everyone of his fingers!

As for the woman, I can’t say I hate her as much as the guy but she is one homely looking person. She truly looks like a teenage boy should really think about changing that hideous wardrobe.

Now that x-mas is over I beg this commercial goes with it. I hope to never see or hear this makeshift ‘band’ Pomplamoose again in my life.

Chet Desmond View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chet Desmond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2010 at 5:03am
The thing is...... if you look on YOUTUBE you'll see ALL their videos are the same format.  She sings emotionless, unblinking while they cut the screen up with images of her.   Then intersperse pictures of the guy on the piano, guitar.  Rinse. Repeat.  

Here's an idea:  Try something new for the love all that's holy. 
hoffo View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 5:56am
GAH!

Yeah, it's cool knowing they play their own instruments... musically that's cool... but this commercial takes a frightening veer into muteworthiness. It's even a channel-changer 'round these parts.

You, the woman, quit staring into the damn camera and breaking the fourth wall! You're creeping me out!
You, the hippy-looking dude, SHAVE!
The both of you - Just go away. Far, far away!

Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 12:22am
There are no words, no, not in any language to express how much I hate this ad!!!!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 12:51am
Originally posted by Morons on the loose Morons on the loose wrote:

As for the woman, I can’t say I hate her as much as the guy but she is one homely looking person. She truly looks like a teenage boy should really think about changing that hideous wardrobe.

That's a woman??!  I thought it was Justin Bieber!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 1:00am
From living in SF for years (and knowing that the two are from Marin), I know this type of people.  Grew up wealthy, travelled the world (many times), went to feeder schools and then the best Ivy League universities, never worked a day in their lives, espouse liberal beliefs but mainly for show, totally sanctimonious, hang out in the trendiest places, dress in commoner drag but their commoner clothes are those of some hip, expensive designer etc.

If they weren't so young, I'd swear I've met them.

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 1:03am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by Morons on the loose Morons on the loose wrote:

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" ="Msonormal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Lucida Sans Unicode'; FONT-SIZE: 9pt"><O:P> </O:P></SPAN>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" ="Msonormal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Lucida Sans Unicode'; FONT-SIZE: 9pt">As for the woman, I can’t say I hate her as much as the guy but she is one homely looking person. She truly looks like a teenage boy should really think about changing that hideous wardrobe.<O:P></O:P></SPAN>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" ="Msonormal"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Lucida Sans Unicode'; FONT-SIZE: 9pt"><O:P> </O:P></SPAN>

That's a woman??!  I thought it was Justin Bieber!

NickiDrea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickiDrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 2:53am
My husband really hates this commercial.  He starts screaming at the t.v. screen when it comes on.  I've managed to tune it out recently but from what I do remember about the commercial, it was horrible.
133 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 133 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 3:03am
the makers of the commercials must read this board. i just saw a new one yesterday with a new song, which i can't remember, but the girl is more upbeat and dancing and stuff.
Brandon

LilRebelChick View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 8:45pm
[QUOTE=MrCleveland]

This commercial is pail! This commercial is bucket! This commercial reminds me of this!...

[/QUOTE

The singer is as dull, boring and drab as a person can get. She has all the personality of a 3 day old Bologna sandwich.
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 8:47pm
No one can sound good singing cheezy X mas songs. You should hear this nice french song they have and this version of all the single ladies that is not so bad.
Also, I like this better than that stupid Honda Holiday ad.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
LilRebelChick View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 8:49pm

the makers of the commercials must read this board. i just saw a new one yesterday with a new song, which i can't remember, but the girl is more upbeat and dancing and stuff.

You mean she actually changed her facial expression and doesn't appear to have a reindeer stuck up her butt, lol? LOL
133 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 133 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by LilRebelChick LilRebelChick wrote:

You mean she actually changed her facial expression and doesn't appear to have a reindeer stuck up her butt, lol? LOL

yup
Brandon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic