Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Honda "Holiday oh-ah Holiday" annoying ad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Honda "Holiday oh-ah Holiday" annoying ad
    Posted: 28 Nov 2010 at 11:45am
Search has turned up nothing for this ad.

ARRGGGHHHH! Angry Angry Angry MAKE IT STOP!

The music!  The stop-motion animation!  Wacko  Of course, this ad is aired every commercial break on every channel I can get.

I guess things could be worse...at least we're not seeing Mr. Opportunity with the "Honda Year-End Clearance."  I bet we'll see that douche any day now. Unhappy
Welcome to Commercial Land. This is a magical place where all women look up while eating, and it is perfectly acceptable to slurp the hell out of a Dannon yogurt cup.
Sponsored Links

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2010 at 7:25pm
What's with that song? All day yesterday, they played this one.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2010 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by dp7 dp7 wrote:

The music!  The stop-motion animation!  Wacko  Of course, this ad is aired every commercial break on every channel I can get.

I guess things could be worse...at least we're not seeing Mr. Opportunity with the "Honda Year-End Clearance."  I bet we'll see that douche any day now. Unhappy

What is with these goddamn stop motion ads?  Do they think they are new and hip?  Gumby was doing it decades ago, you f*cking simpletons.  Angry  Add in the unbelievably sh*tty song, and the mind-numbing horribleness is complete!
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2010 at 8:32pm
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i HATE that song someone shoot the singer PLEASE!!!!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark don't like ad, Mark smash ad for stupidity.

Stop motion is so 1974.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Triggerhappy View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triggerhappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 5:46am
I heard that song about 6 times in one day when the new round of holiday commercials came out, then I went in to work and it's on our playlist!   Kill me now.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 4:09pm
I woke up from a dead sleep with this effing song going through my head.

And those "Hilfigers"  are clasic 2010 dick punch contenders. Snooty snotty d-bags.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

LilPorkchop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilPorkchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 4:36pm
Can we just agree that all holiday car commercials are awful? This one, the Lexus/other expensive car "bow" and "stocking stuffer" spots...the creepy Santa one from last year...

Anyone who thinks a car makes a good "stocking stuffer" needs to throw some of that money over this way! LOL!

MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 10:04pm
I can't buy a car right now and Honda has the f**king nerve to show all the people who have nothing a commercial to buy a damn car!

The economy isn't in full-blast Honda!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 10:58pm
Can't lay all the blame on Honda. Everyone has a "Christmas present" vehicle ad out now.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by LilPorkchop LilPorkchop wrote:

Can we just agree that all holiday car commercials are awful? This one, the Lexus/other expensive car "bow" and "stocking stuffer" spots...the creepy Santa one from last year...

Anyone who thinks a car makes a good "stocking stuffer" needs to throw some of that money over this way! LOL!

i AGREE they ALL suck! Well except for the Mercedes commercials those are at least creative.Smile
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 10:59am

Give me that cartoon douche Mr. Opportunity anyday. These queer holiday adds for Honda make me want to hurl and they are on TV and radio way too many times. And I agree, that stop action sh*t is so 1970's. Reminds me of an obnoxious commercial for Levis from the very early 70's. Lets see Mr. Opportunity take a gun and shoot those effeminate singers for this holiday crap.

This link will take you to that awful 1970's stop motion commercial for Levis.
I approve this message.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Can't lay all the blame on Honda. Everyone has a "Christmas present" vehicle ad out now.

It's ALL these damn car commercials! They WANT people to buy a car when the only thing they can afford is a bus pass!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
JillOnThe1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JillOnThe1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 11:15pm
I am so absolutely sick of this annoying, nerdy song.  When it's used in the car commercial, I press mute....when it's in that uppity Hilfiger ad, I change the channel to get rid of the sight AND the sound.  The most intelligent being in the Hilfiger ad is the dog who tries to drive the car away from those morons at the long table.
Every. Senior. Citizen. Should have LifeAlert.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 9:08am
You're kidding! That awful nerdy holiday crap is actually music and not just an ad jingle? Who is the group or artists who subjected us to this drivel? Interestingly enough I have not heard nor seen this stupid Honda commercial since I joined our little group. Maybe God does listen and put us out of our misery. BTW, I'm in Baltimore, MD USA. Star
I approve this message.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

You're kidding! That awful nerdy holiday crap is actually music and not just an ad jingle? Who is the group or artists who subjected us to this drivel?

I just read that the song is about vegetarianism and the Iraq War (that's what the "holiday" is).   And it's by some group called Vampire Weekend. 

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 2:57pm

Welcome, Zippyjet!

Save me some crab cakes!

The artist formerly known as Madawee

Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 4:57pm
As soon as I hear that "singer's" nasally whine, I mute the TV. Why use a song that says the word HOLIDAY (don't even get me started on this word) when it's not about Christmas at all?
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by JillOnThe1 JillOnThe1 wrote:

I am so absolutely sick of this annoying, nerdy song.  When it's used in the car commercial, I press mute....when it's in that uppity Hilfiger ad, I change the channel to get rid of the sight AND the sound.  The most intelligent being in the Hilfiger ad is the dog who tries to drive the car away from those morons at the long table.

The dog should have run those dimwits over.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 7:03am

Give me that cartoon douche Mr. Opportunity anyday. These queer holiday adds for Honda make me want to hurl and they are on TV and radio way too many times. And I agree, that stop action sh*t is so 1970's. Reminds me of an obnoxious commercial for Levis from the very early 70's. Lets see Mr. Opportunity take a gun and shoot those effeminate singers for this holiday crap.

This link will take you to that awful 1970's stop motion commercial for Levis.

Sadly, I would have to agree.  I'd rather take the douchebaggery of Mr. Opportunity over this sh*te.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 9:59pm
Agreed at least he didn't come up with an annoying song, that gets stuck in your head all day. Angry
Zach6848 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach6848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 12:20am
I would rather hear the rumbling crackling ripple of somebody ripping ass than to hear this horrible song one more time.
WhatElseIsOn? View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhatElseIsOn? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 4:35am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

You're kidding! That awful nerdy holiday crap is actually music and not just an ad jingle? Who is the group or artists who subjected us to this drivel?

I just read that the song is about vegetarianism and the Iraq War (that's what the "holiday" is).   And it's by some group called Vampire Weekend. 

Thank you for confirming that it's Vampire Weekend.  Strange that they would allow their song to be used in a Christmas commercial if that's not how they meant it.
It's weird, "selling out" used to be such a big issue.  It's all anybody talked about in the 90s.  At some point it became acceptable, and even encouraged.  I think commercials are now seen as a good way to get your music out there.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by WhatElseIsOn? WhatElseIsOn? wrote:

Thank you for confirming that it's Vampire Weekend.  Strange that they would allow their song to be used in a Christmas commercial if that's not how they meant it.
It's weird, "selling out" used to be such a big issue.  It's all anybody talked about in the 90s.  At some point it became acceptable, and even encouraged.  I think commercials are now seen as a good way to get your music out there.

Where the hell do they come up with these sh*tty names for bands nowadays?  The band name is almost as horrible as the song!  I'm gonna start a band, name it Werewolf Tuesday, and start making f*cking awful music for equally awful commercials! 

- Mark Twain

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 3:23am
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

Originally posted by WhatElseIsOn? WhatElseIsOn? wrote:

Where the hell do they come up with these sh*tty names for bands nowadays?  The band name is almost as horrible as the song!  I'm gonna start a band, name it Werewolf Tuesday, and start making f*cking awful music for equally awful commercials! 

LOL I know stupid name Vampire Weekend is, as for the naming of your own band with bad music I think you should GO FOR IT!
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 3:31am
I do not like that song.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic