Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What celebrities do you wish would disappear?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

Grant, I would go one step further - any decesed celeb they keep bringing up in the news.

Anna Nicole Smith has got to be just teeth and skull and yet she's STILL in the news. Enough!

Or at least dig her up & let us look at the skeleton.

Send it around to all the different daytime gab shows & let Oprah & Ellen ask it deep, probing questions....

"So.... how do you feel about your new body image after losing all that weight?"

"Do you miss having organs & flesh?"

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

All the celebrity gossip mongers on all the celebrity gossip shows.

Except for Lara Spencer.

I'm still in love with her even though she sold out & quit "Antiques Road Show" in order to host "The Insider" (which, BTW is where I'd love to be at any given moment.... think about it. You'll get it in a minute).

Confused...ol'Mule...she's BLONDE!
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 11:33pm
Billy Ray Cyrus: I hear he's singing both the National Anthem & half time show at this weeks Giants/Cowboys game. Why??

Octo Mom, and all her kids also.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 11:54pm

Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

Grant, I would go one step further - any decesed celeb they keep bringing up in the news.

Anna Nicole Smith has got to be just teeth and skull and yet she's STILL in the news. Enough!

Or at least dig her up & let us look at the skeleton.

Send it around to all the different daytime gab shows & let Oprah & Ellen ask it deep, probing questions....

"So.... how do you feel about your new body image after losing all that weight?"

"Do you miss having organs & flesh?"

She certainly couldn't say anything less intelligent than she did when she was alive.  Of course, she wouldn't look particularly good topless. 

Hmmmm...now that I think of it, hers probably haven't changed much.

She should've bequeathed those to the less fortunate.  Hey, if you can donate your eyes, why not your implants?

bluenowait View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluenowait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 1:15am
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

Originally posted by bluenowait bluenowait wrote:

Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

2. Conan O'Brien - all this fuss over him is for naught. He is NOT funny and I'm tired of seeing his mug everywhere these days because his new show starts soon. Here's hoping it will crash and burn.

Please do not be cynical. I hate cynicism - for the record it's my least favorite quality, it doesn't lead anywhere.

Oh, and while we're on the subject, LENO!

Excuse me, but are you Conan? Is that why you're responding to my statement? Last time I checked, this thread was about celebrities you wished would disappear and I'm tired of seeing and hearing about your precious Coco (stupid nickname, by the way). How am I being cynical? It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

BTW, I'm more of a Letterman girl.

Opinion, huh? Well stating "He is NOT funny" sounds more like your conveying a FACT than an opinion. I know Conan is not everyone's cup of tea, but saying his new show crashes and burns gives a bit of a mean-spirited vibe, after he got one of the biggest raw deals in TV history (Next to, well, Dave). Which brings me to another point, fellow Letterman fan; David Letterman got a nearly equal amount of publicity in the Summer of '93, courtesy of his soon-to-be employer CBS (Well, they didn't give him a blimp with his name on it, but you get the idea.) For the record I should also note, Dave has as much respect for Conan (Supported him from the beginning of his Late Night career), as Conan has likewise for Dave (Never made one crack about his affairs.) Finally I, for one, think Conan has a sense of class (as proven in his Tonight Show farewell speech, I quoted before) and consider that he pales [NPI] in comparison to some other candidates for disappearance; such as paranoia profiteer Glenn Beck, or Kim Kardashian, the textbook example of famous for no reason. There are some celebrities mentioned on this thread that I agree for vanishing; but for others, well as they say, be careful what you wish for. Let's just call a truce before a possible flame war breaks out, and agree on a universal truth: "Leno can suck it!"

P.S. Conan also can't stand the nickname "Coco", blame that synonym on Tom Hanks.
t(ò_ót) Double Deuce!
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 3:35am
I'm with Mooch!
Virginia Dare View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 3:50am
Conan has class?  Shocked  I think he's a total tool.  Never found him funny.  Can't stand the hair and the voice.  I think "Triumph" the insulting dog was funny and then he got "old" along with the other 13 y.o.  humour like the masturbating....(bear, was it??) and the farting (I dunno...hot dog?)  If people like Conan...that's totally great!  Enjoy!  But I see his pale face and stupid hair and I want to smack him off my screen. LOL

Edit:  I just made up a joke.  Embarrassed  "I had a dream about eating a huge marshmallow.  I woke up...and Conan O'Brien was GONE." 

I'm here all week folks...try the veal...it's wonderful!!

LOL  *runs behind the couch* 

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 10:38am
There was one ongoing routine on Conan that I really enjoyed, which was when they would put up a picture of Bill Clinton's head, and superimpose the mouth and voice of one of Conan's sidekicks, Conan would ask more or less straight questions of Clinton's head, and the lips would answer in hilarious ways! Big%20smile Thumbs%20Up Cool LOL

But mostly, I turned his show off after that bit of comedy, and quit watching at all after they stopped doing that shtick.

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 4:07pm
I agree with GRANT about not being able to get away from this crap even if you try.  They always try to say that we must want all this info because we watch it.  Well, some of us don't watch it, but it is f*cking everywhere and why do they think their ratings keeping going farther down every year.  I don't really like any entertainment news show, but a few years ago I watched Showbiz Tonight on headline news channel (wasn't that then).  Anyway, these people are so hypocrytical, they virtually make up stories, and when they started saying "Most Provocative Entertainment..." every couple of minutes, I just turned the channel.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 8:23pm
Geico cavemen. Seems ESPN picked them up to do commercial bits for reasons unknown.
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 9:44am
Alex Trebek, and any other former game show MC that fakes his old show to try to sell some new crap. 
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 1:48pm
Yesterday on CNN was the teaser...

"Just when you thought you knew everything about Russell Simmons..."

I didn't tune in to find out what I heretofore hadn't known about Russell Simmons.

Grant View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 2:21pm
Also, that's assuming that you wanted to know everything about anyone.
I think there's literally no one on earth I want to know all about. If I don't like someone, that speaks for itself, and if I do like someone, I want them to have a zillion little secrets from me.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 3:21pm
I want to know very little about celebs, Grant.  In fact, when I heard that CNN teaser, I first thought they were talking about Richard Simmons.  LOL

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 3:27pm
It was years before I realized that Meg Ryan and Melanie Griffith were two different people.  I'd seen their similar faces, heard their similar-type names, and seen one or two of their interchangeable movies.  I just never paid that much attention to the fact that they were actually two separate individuals.  They just weren't that different, I guess.

MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 5:30pm
LeBron James and Kanye West!

They're overrated, they suck in their jobs, and they're VERY outspoken!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 7:29pm
Brett Favre
Randy Moss
Tony Romo
Hulk Hogan
Tiger Woods
LeBron
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 11:11pm
There must be a way to "de-celebrity-ize" people.  Like with a magnet or something....

Quote Conan has class?  Shocked  I think he's a total tool.  Never found him funny.  Can't stand the hair and the voice. 

Did you know that he really doesn't have a nose?  It's painted on....
Virginia Dare View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 5:08am

John Meyah Hatahs....take a look at this!  LOLhttp://www.dlisted.com/node/39627

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 7:02am

Originally posted by Virginia Dare Virginia Dare wrote:

Conan has class?  Shocked  I think he's a total tool.  Never found him funny.  Can't stand the hair and the voice.  I think "Triumph" the insulting dog was funny and then he got "old" along with the other 13 y.o.  humour like the masturbating....(bear, was it??) and the farting (I dunno...hot dog?)  If people like Conan...that's totally great!  Enjoy!  But I see his pale face and stupid hair and I want to smack him off my screen. LOL

Edit:  I just made up a joke.  Embarrassed  "I had a dream about eating a huge marshmallow.  I woke up...and Conan O'Brien was GONE." 

I'm here all week folks...try the veal...it's wonderful!!

LOL  *runs behind the couch*

People with no sense of humor (women Wink) shouldn't be watching late night television anyway. They should be watching the late repeat of Oprah or something more suited to their tastes. Maybe boring-ass, unfunny Jay Leno.

Conan O'Brien's old show on NBC (Late Night with Conan O'Brien) was pure comedy freakin genius.

One of the funniest things EVER in the history of TV.

Constant envelope-pushing wit mixed with just plain old goofy, irreverant silliness.

He had some great recurring characters like Mafia Jesus, the "crap-tastic" guy, the angry guy in the audience who'd stand up & walk out, revealing he was wearing nothing but a Speedo with fishnet stockings & the words "FUN HOLE" on the back of his shirt with an arrow pointing down to his ass...

.....this guy:

The Interrupter:

The ghost of 1930's radio singer Artie Kendall who would appear & sing songs with inappropriate sexist & racist lyrics while sounding like Bing Crosby:

Wow.... looking for some more of these characters, I found that I barely scratched the surface. He had more recurring characters on that show than the Simpsons.

Here's a website that has all the characters played by just one writier... Brian Stack.

It was after he got The Tonight Show, that he immediately began to suck.

Well... HE didn't suck, The Tonight Show is what sucks, no matter who hosts it. NBC makes it suck.

They make it suck because they're such spineless chickensh*t pansies they tone down the comedy so the stodgy old-fogey, conservative 11:30 audience won't get offended.

I hope Conan's new show on TBS closely resembles his old 12:30 "Late Night" show & is very successful.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 7:06am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

All the celebrity gossip mongers on all the celebrity gossip shows.

Except for Lara Spencer.

I'm still in love with her even though she sold out & quit "Antiques Road Show" in order to host "The Insider" (which, BTW is where I'd love to be at any given moment.... think about it. You'll get it in a minute).

Confused...ol'Mule...she's BLONDE!

Yeah, I know..... blonde & HAWT!!!! Tongue

C'mon, man!
Grant View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 12:28am
I can't get enough of that photo. I still have a recording of her at some awards ceremony, in an evening gown. (Sigh.)

Getting back to my "deceased celebrities" complaint, I just wish there were such a thing on earth as an Elvis Presley or Marilyn Monroe "revival" every few years (like those Beatles ones). But for a revival, something has to go away for a while.
The same with completely serious ones, like JFK or Martin Luther King. I'm unable to get any drama out of JFK in November, and it isn't my fault, it's because people have been reminding me of him all year long. And even though I think Martin Luther King Day is a great, great thing, I think it would be even better if you've had just a little absence from him when it rolls around. Because serious stuff is like light stuff, it needs that bit of novelty.
jerseygirl View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 1:46am
Sarah Censored'ing Silverman!! Angry Ouch Dead  Nuff said!

I totally agree with whoever brought up Taylor Swift.  I honestly cannot see why there is such a huge deal made over her.  In my opinion, her looks are average, her sound is mediocre at best, and any time I am unfortunate enough to hear a song of hers start playing, I can't flip that station fast enough! Angry  I do however disagree about Coco though.  I love me some Conan Wink

I'm not sure if you could call them celebrities, but Fred Phelps and the entire Westboro Baptist Church needs to go somewhere...
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 2:11am
Originally posted by jerseygirl jerseygirl wrote:

I'm not sure if you could call them celebrities, but Fred Phelps and the entire Westboro Baptist Church needs to go somewhere...

Preferably to Evil%20Smile HCensoredLL! Evil%20Smile (And I'm not talking about that town outside Ann Arbor, Michigan!) LOL
Poiuyt Power!!!
Zemlianika View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zemlianika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 5:28am
i punched Lil Wayne in the kisser! But then I was sued for pain and suffering. Unfrtunately all this happened in my daily dream.
The Russian Winnie pooh ROCKS!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic