Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Friday Night Lights final season

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Friday Night Lights final season
    Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 9:57pm

I love this commercial, love the song.  I don't even watch FNL, but I know what its about, and I think this song fits the people and atmosphere of the show really well.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 11:28pm
I like the song.  Can't seem to find out who does it.

flychinook View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flychinook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 5:40am
I like the song, but don't think the ad really portrays what the show is about. Looks more like an ad for a soap opera.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by flychinook flychinook wrote:

I like the song, but don't think the ad really portrays what the show is about. Looks more like an ad for a soap opera.

Yeah.  I've never watched it, but figured it had to with football.  The promo above doesn't even allude to that.  So, I looked it up.  Sounds like a teen drama, with football as the excuse and sex as its main attraction.  In other words, it's Gossip Girl/One Tree Hill/OC/Hellcats/Dawson's Creek, near a football field.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Yeah.  I've never watched it, but figured it had to with football.  The promo above doesn't even allude to that.  So, I looked it up.  Sounds like a teen drama, with football as the excuse and sex as its main attraction.  In other words, it's Gossip Girl/One Tree Hill/OC/Hellcats/Dawson's Creek, near a football field.

Yeah, I think that about nails it. I've never watched one second of it either, but I think it's about high school football. I figure high school because 1.) the words "Friday night" in the title. That's when high school football is played.... & 2.) the actors & actresses who, typically, are clearly in their early to mid 20's portraying high school kids.

And though I've never seen it, just looking at those good looking a-holes in that  promo, I feel a sense of relief that it's going off the air mixed with a sense of disappointment & disgust that it ever aired to begin with.

When I see those hunky jerks & those stylishly dressed little b*tches strutting along in front of the camera like think they're God's hot-sh*t little gifts to the world, I just wish a truck would come barreling thru the set & mow them all down flat.

Gawd, they disgust me.

Good riddance to bad rubbish as we used to say.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 4:04pm
I assume its demographics are mainly adolescent girls, trying to figure out how they're supposed to look, talk, act and walk once they get to high school.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 5:00pm
And pre/post-pubescent boys entertained by scantily dressed eye-candy engaging in  implied sexual activity.

Send 'em to bed at night with a boner & some mental images to jerk-off to.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

And pre/post-pubescent boys entertained by scantily dressed eye-candy engaging in  implied sexual activity.

Send 'em to bed at night with a boner & some mental images to jerk-off to.

Well, I'm post-pubescent.  Maybe I should be watching.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 3:37am
Make sure you turn the sound off.

Not having to listen to the moronic dialogue should make it much easier to stomach.

C'mon, man!
flychinook View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flychinook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 6:59pm
Hey hey now, its actually a decent show. Some teen-ish stuff, but mostly slanted *against* the typical teen bs.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by flychinook flychinook wrote:

Hey hey now, its actually a decent show. Some teen-ish stuff, but mostly slanted *against* the typical teen bs.

Uh huh..... all the while, every one of them is a knock-out, drop-dead gorgeous specimen of handsomeness & beauty unattainable for the average person.

The thing I like about British television is that the actors tend to look more like average people.

They don't seem to have that Hollywood obsession with youth & beauty.

If it weren't for that, I would watch a lot of the American TV shows that I currently don't.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic