Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RING! RING! Progresso Soup ads are back!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RING! RING! Progresso Soup ads are back!
    Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 3:08pm
They're still playing "Telephone" with soup cans and string like preschoolers!

No need for a video, I believe.
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
Sponsored Links

bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 8:41pm
Yeah, I pretty much loathe the whole set of these.  I have been seeing the new one about "can" versus the "box."  This soup is suppose to be so good for you, vitamins, protein, vegetables, but this really is a bad advertisement because it only seems to make people who eat it stupid.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 9:31pm
RING RING

Progresso?

Hi, I like your soup, but your commercials really suck!

Really?

Yes...I'm talking out of a damn soup can!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2010 at 12:38am
I detest how these people who are 'calling' Progresso call, of course, as they are eating the food. Angry Dead Cry  I know it is a food company, but NOBODY wants to hear someone smack, slurp and chomp on the phone.  Put the food away before picking up the phone...even if it is a can! 
Welcome to Commercial Land. This is a magical place where all women look up while eating, and it is perfectly acceptable to slurp the hell out of a Dannon yogurt cup.
hoffo View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2010 at 8:24pm
...plus, doesn't the string need to be taut for the "can phone" thing to work?
Heavens to Murgatroyd!
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2010 at 10:11pm
Where have these commercials been?  I was so excited to see them again!  My life was not complete until these again assailed my eyes and ears!  YAY!  F*CK YOU, PROGRESSO!Angry
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2010 at 7:55pm
I want to take full cans of Progresso soup and throw them at the head of the dipsh*t who thought up these ads. I especially want to bean that "rich and hearty" soup guy.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2010 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

I want to take full cans of Progresso soup and throw them at the head of the dipsh*t who thought up these ads. I especially want to bean that "rich and hearty" soup guy.

The mental picture of throwing soup cans at the "rich and hearty" assh*le had me LOLLOLLOL
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Assking View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Assking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 7:38am
Hate the bitch who is calling from the grocery store aisle in her wedding dress. Bitch looks exactly like Steve Buscemi.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Assking Assking wrote:

Hate the bitch who is calling from the grocery store aisle in her wedding dress. Bitch looks exactly like Steve Buscemi.
Ouch. LOL

- Mark Twain

clamshell View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clamshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 12:52am
Or the woman insinuating that she had an affair with the Puerto Rican guy with this soup?
Apricot View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apricot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by clamshell clamshell wrote:

Or the woman insinuating that she had an affair with the Puerto Rican guy with this soup?
But I love the way the "chef" says, "Sheila?"
20carrocks View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 20carrocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2011 at 11:36am
All I hear is that RING RING and I want to slap the person.
keyboardplayer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keyboardplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2011 at 5:00am
I can't believe those stupid things are back. Why is it that the annoying canpaigns stick around for years?
This is your brain on commercials.
Coastwizard View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coastwizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2011 at 10:46am
Can't stand the one with the woman in her wedding dress calling from the supermarket aisle! The dress is not in the least bit attractive, and the woman looks totally frumpy! Even the Progresso employee sounds annoyed when she says, "Well good for you!"
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2011 at 1:29pm
Then there's the one with the wife who calls Progresso because her husband looks like he did 20 years ago.  The way the guy says "Just tell my wife to relax and enjoy the view" makes him sound as if he's going to be sneaking in a phone call to his favorite cheerleader from his high school any second.  Maybe even his favorite cheerleader from his kids' high school. 

DesertX View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DesertX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 4:06am
Originally posted by Coastwizard Coastwizard wrote:

Can't stand the one with the woman in her wedding dress calling from the supermarket aisle! The dress is not in the least bit attractive, and the woman looks totally frumpy! Even the Progresso employee sounds annoyed when she says, "Well good for you!"

At first, I thought the lady in the dress was Molly Shannon. Then I realized that this lady in the commercial was just slightly more attractive. LOL
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 1:24pm

The one that makes me cringe is the gal who wants to speak with her "Grammy"  who is out in the garden picking vegetables. How do you call your Grammy and end up calling Progresso? Annoying dope.

The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by DesertX DesertX wrote:

Originally posted by Coastwizard Coastwizard wrote:

At first, I thought the lady in the dress was Molly Shannon. Then I realized that this lady in the commercial was just slightly more attractive. LOL

She reminds me of John Lithgow.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 10:29pm
If I were a Progresso "chef", I'd put this message on my can phone. Or tie all the strings together and make a party line

Stupid commercial. It's a can on a string and it isn't funny.
keyboardplayer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keyboardplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 10:35pm
Lol. I hate those blazing things.
This is your brain on commercials.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic