Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

That's Amore.. I mean Logistics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alext Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: That's Amore.. I mean Logistics
    Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 7:52pm

Its not the worst commercial in the world but its way too catchy. Its also terribly annoying and a rip-off of a classic song. Also, why is most of the commercial filmed in Venice? So they can show off their mini-bug-like delivery vehicle? That could explain the song's similarity to That's Amore but...cmon, where's the originality? I'm glad that Venice is on the cutting-edge of UPS deliveries but the rest of the world seems to be left behind (I never get packages on time from UPS). And if a woman ever hugged a UPS delivery guy i'm pretty sure the first thing he'd think is "what the hell is wrong with this woman?" i have to leave for work right now so i don't have time to pick this one apart. enjoy

alex
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 8:32pm
Though I wasn't ready to hug him, I was pleasantly surprised by the UPS guy that delivers to my 'hood.  He had just tried delivering a package to me, but I wasn't home. 

But as I was returning to my 'hood and he was leaving it, he saw me, recognized me and my car, turned his truck around, drove back to my house about 1/4 mile away, and gave me the package.

In doing so, he saved me the hassle of going to UPS to pick it up.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 8:41pm
Now and then, I have to require a papers or funds be delivered by UPS, or the like.
UPS is NEVER 'My First Choice'.
The LAST time something was heading my way, I had to call the UPS office to find out why the 'overnight' delivery was going to take 3 days...they said the driver was out on the route and I should see my package by 5 P.M. - otherwise, call them the next day. I told them they had better tell him to leave the bar and get his ass here, or I was coming to THEM, unhappy.
He showed up roughly 15 minutes later - and it was clear he had just left the bar. 
We may live on an island, in the wilderness, far into the Great White North, but I STILL expect those slugs to get to 'The Den' on time, dammit!

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 9:01pm
ARGH EAR RAPE!!!!!

WHY WHY WHY did they have have to trash a great song? Come up with an original jingle please!!!!!!!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 9:19pm
We heart logistics? Really? Who the f**k are you trying to target with this slogan? Isn't it obvious that most people who use UPS don't know wtf logistics is? Are they going after the fed ex dominated B2B market? Obviously. F*CK OFF BROWN!
dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 10:38pm
Angry Angry Angry Angry THIS FCensoredING SONG! Angry Angry Angry Angry   It sounds just like the Amazon Kindle song!  Arrgggghhhhh!  And who sings about freaking LOGISTICS anyway?  It is such a catchy song, that I'm afraid I'll be sitting here tomorrow and suddenly hear "...cause it's logisticssss..." in my head. Cry Dead

All this commercial does is confirm to me, as a customer, that UPS a company that doesn't relies on horses (like the Pony Express) to ship and is a company with transportation assets---exactly like I assume FedEx or the USPS is.  I didn't watch this ad and think "ZOMG!!!11!!1  UPS has more power than FedEx to ship my crap!  Wow, look at them," which is what I'm sure the main goal of this ad was to accomplish.  Disapprove
Welcome to Commercial Land. This is a magical place where all women look up while eating, and it is perfectly acceptable to slurp the hell out of a Dannon yogurt cup.
alext View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alext Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 1:58am
also, there's an overwhelming sense of GREENovation in thos ad. "carbon footprint reduced - bottom line gets a boost - that's...(a load of crap)" Just stop and think for a second how many cubic feet of carbon dioxide is pumped into the atmosphere because of those UPS planes trains and automobiles. I mean, granted it comes with the business -- why advertise it? Just be honest. It almost reminds me of the oil and coal "clean coal" ad campaign where they talk about how natural gas is the answer -- bullcrap! as if you're really going to make that switch overnight? thats impossible - and THAT'S logistics for you.
Rantalicious View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rantalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 5:23am
Ooooooo, I HATE this with a passion words cannot express!!! Angry  Not only do they murder a wonderful classic song with yet another little-girly, mincing, cutesy, nauseating vocal and a gratuitous tempo change, but it goes on and on and on and on, and just when you think it might finally end before you heave a bronze bookend at the TV, it goes on some more!

And seriously, "LOGISTICS"???  I can just see the rowdy high-fives all around the ad table when they partied over their strokes of genius. Dead

Every time a bad ad hits the airwaves...the terrorists win!

Legoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 3:59pm
My mute button is getting worn out with all of these crappy commercial songs now days Unhappy
TeaRowz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeaRowz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 5:40pm
Sent in an email to welovelogistics@ups.com:

The television advertisement, "that's logistics", is extremely annoying.  This is the very first time I've used the "mute" button on my TV remote, even given the plethora of irritating commercials.

I understand that there is a 'psychological' element used in the writing of TV commercials where when a commercial stands out as being annoying or offensive, the advertising can be effective.

I have always held the services of UPS in high regard, but that commercial makes a mockery of the company, and falls far below the standards I've come to expect.  Surely UPS advertising can come up with a more professional way to showcase their logistics other than reworking a silly song.

And I'm not alone with my opinion.  Please see http://forums.commercialsihate.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8727&PID=134637

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 5:53pm

Might've wanted to wait a bit longer on that, TeaRowz.  I'm sure there'll be plenty more comments on this commercial here in the coming weeks. 

TeaRowz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeaRowz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 5:57pm
You're right!  But maybe by having posted the email address, others will send UPS their opinions about the commercial.

Sort'a like an anti-ad campaign...
alext View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alext Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 6:28pm
it'd be interesting to see a psychological study on what annoying commercials (in particular: lowes, statefarm, progressive, ect.) with repetitive, annoying songs do to people over time. gauging the pressure exerted on mute buttons, facial grimace, ect.
TeaRowz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeaRowz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by alext alext wrote:

it'd be interesting to see a psychological study on what annoying commercials (in particular: lowes, statefarm, progressive, ect.) with repetitive, annoying songs do to people over time. gauging the pressure exerted on mute buttons, facial grimace, ect.

T'would be funny if someone sued a company because of their TV commercial causing psychological damage.  And I wouldn't be surprised if somebody did...
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by TeaRowz TeaRowz wrote:

You're right!  But maybe by having posted the email address, others will send UPS their opinions about the commercial.

Sort'a like an anti-ad campaign...

Believe it or not, there've been a few instances here in which a rep from whatever company/org we'd been complaining about, actually posted a comment in response to posts.  Not many, but it goes to show that people in some corporations are paying attention to what's said here.

TeaRowz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeaRowz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 9:19pm
COOL!!!
Doctor Blase View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doctor Blase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 6:26am
If you Google UPS That's Logistics you will find a link to their "I (heart) Logistics" page (I am not kidding.) http://thenewlogistics.ups.com/#/

At the bottom is a link which will open your email client with their campaign email address already filled in.

I told them that we now carry the remotes in our pockets so we can get the mute on faster, while yelling, "no, no,no, no, no!"

The stupid simplistic idiocy of this UPS ad will place it in the pantheon of horrible ideas right up there with The New Coke.
dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 10:11pm
I just find it odd that this ad throws around shipping lingo left and right ('logistics') like it is commonplace words like 'flower' and 'car.'  Sure, the word logistics exists outside of UPS, but they might as well have been singing about the "average freight weight assessment" or the ever-so-popular "informal clearance document." LOL
Welcome to Commercial Land. This is a magical place where all women look up while eating, and it is perfectly acceptable to slurp the hell out of a Dannon yogurt cup.
TeaRowz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeaRowz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 10:14pm
Clap
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2010 at 3:13am
Now I see there's a version of this commercial with That's Amore done punk-instrumental style.  At least they didn't change the lyrics, though; they just removed them. 

Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2010 at 1:39pm
AUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! That's not logistics; that's HORRIBLE! I hate that breathy kind of singing, I hate the way they raped a classic song for this crummy ad and I hate UPS. They're TOO expensive, the customer service people have attitude problems and the UPS guy who delivers at my job is so freakin' annoying. Why can't he ring the bell to get to the office like a normal person?! Angry

Dean Martin must be rolling around in his grave.
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 3:03am
Honestly, what is WITH you people???Angry All the threads on here about the disgusting gutter-minded Axe ads, the maddening years-long ad campaigns by the Geicos/Allstates/Progressive insurers, the feminine/ED/other health problem ads, etc. etc. etc., and you all pile on THIS breath of fresh air?

Guess you can all hop on over to the "commercials you don't hate" forum and sodomize my thread about how this is one of the best ads I've seen in a long while.

I think the idea is clever, the music and lyrics are good (I'm a musician and I like Dean Martin so I'm entitled to this opinion), the visuals are great, it was educational without being pedantic, and UPS clearly didn't take itself too seriously.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!! Fire way!!!
Hundreds of threads killed.
dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 3:51am
Originally posted by ThreadKiller ThreadKiller wrote:

Honestly, what is WITH you people???Angry All the threads on here about the disgusting gutter-minded Axe ads, the maddening years-long ad campaigns by the Geicos/Allstates/Progressive insurers, the feminine/ED/other health problem ads, etc. etc. etc., and you all pile on THIS breath of fresh air?

Guess you can all hop on over to the "commercials you don't hate" forum and sodomize my thread about how this is one of the best ads I've seen in a long while.

I think the idea is clever, the music and lyrics are good (I'm a musician and I like Dean Martin so I'm entitled to this opinion), the visuals are great, it was educational without being pedantic, and UPS clearly didn't take itself too seriously.

You are welcome to like this ad when some of us don't.  I find nothing wrong with that.  Personally, I run for the remote when this comes on.  The song is like nails on a chalkboard for me (granted, I haven't heard the original.)  It is just like the Geico pig wheee ad--some people (if forced to watch it with high volume) would scratch their eyes out from the torture, while others would laugh.  LOL I guess that I am sort of surprised you would ask why we are hating on this ad--not that I mean to flame or anything.  I'm sure every ad I like (the very few out there) has 50 people who would rather pull their hair out watch it, even if the ad doesn't seem worthy of a post on here in my eyes!

But back to this ad, I feel that the UPS is a little bit supervelous and unnecessary with this ad.  While it is educational, why do they need to educate their customers on their 'logistics'?  It isn't like the average American thinks UPS uses magic to ship their crap and needs a lesson in Shipping 101! LOL  I think a better direction for this ad would've been shipping speed.  That's all people really care about--how fast they'll get their crap (well, that and ensuring it doesn't get lost in transit.)  That way, the song would go "That's fast" instead of "that's logistics."
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by ThreadKiller ThreadKiller wrote:

Hey man, no one is going to jump on you for liking this ad. You can like any ad you want; you're entitled to your opinion. But I don't think it's fair for you to snap at us for not liking it. We're entitled to our opinions, too. I don't think any less of you for liking this commercial. But don't jump down our throats for not agreeing with you. It's only a commercial.
buickgnx88 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buickgnx88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2010 at 1:54am
I hate this commercial! Even if That's Amore is a good song, this commercial has made me despise this song forever! I was watching The Science Channel earlier, and it was on every stinken break! And Logistics? I know it's a real word, but the commercial makes it sound like one of those stupid office buzzwords like Synergy! Dead
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic