Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Direct TV: 'New York Cabbie' (no video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Direct TV: 'New York Cabbie' (no video)
    Posted: 04 Sep 2010 at 1:28pm
They finally made me laugh...this one hit me right - wish I could have found the video.

New York Cabbie of Eastern European descent.
NOT in a good mood.
NOT a 'Giants' football fan.
Has excitable tourist couple in the back seat (I think they were 'Giants' fans) - and they are bugging him through the Plexiglas divider, so he slams the brakes and gives them both the 'stupid stamp' - their faces slap the Plexiglas at exactly the same time (isn't it nice to do things together?Big%20smile).
Finally, he drops his irritating fare at a large, vacant lot, where the wife looks at her husband, "...is this Central Park?", as the cabbie takes off....

It hit me just right, this morning.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2010 at 1:27am
VIDEO!!!!!!Big%20smile

BTW he IS a Giants fan and the passenger is a Cowboys fan watching the Cowboys do a touchdown on his iPhone.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
HatyMcHater View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatyMcHater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2010 at 2:13am
I just saw this and came here to see if anyone else liked it too - glad I'm not crazy.
tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 7:18am
They're Cowboys fans. I love this series of commercials, even though this one should offend me, being I'm also a Cowboys fan.

However, I love the one with the rich Cowboys fan's dog sabotaging the Redskins neighbor house. Oh yeah, and the one with the waitress wringing the dishrag into the obnoxious Eagles fans' drinks.
The poster formerly known as producer757
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 10:47pm
Just in case you haven't seen it, they now have one where 2 police officers break the law because they don't like it that this guy can watch the game he wants.  I think sports people would like these.  I hate these; all of these awful people do awful things to someone who doesn't do sh*t to them!  Makes no sense.
tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 1:06am
Originally posted by bwestfall bwestfall wrote:

Just in case you haven't seen it, they now have one where 2 police officers break the law because they don't like it that this guy can watch the game he wants.  I think sports people would like these.  I hate these; all of these awful people do awful things to someone who doesn't do sh*t to them!  Makes no sense.

I guess you gotta understand sports rivalries, esp. pro football. Yeah, they're mean-spirited, but it's more satirical than anything.

Then again, it does get that serious for some people. Shocked
The poster formerly known as producer757
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 1:07am

The cop one bothers me because the tazing incident is WAAAAAY too close to reality. 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 3:05pm
I love the Cabbie one. That's hilarious!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

bluenowait View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluenowait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 5:09am

Try being a Yankees fan raised in New England! Wrong sport, but you get the idea.
t(ò_ót) Double Deuce!
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 12:17am
I'm sorry if i sounded really witchy.  Oh, I don't watch much sports now, but I have in the past and because of my job I keep up with major sports news.  That said, I just don't like commercials that don't make sense as to how they are appealing to a potential customer, and for me, they are missing the mark.  And I might be okay with the "neighbors, etc." actions, if the "new guy"was somehow forcing them to watch his team or mess up their reception or something.  Does that make sense?  And if I did like one, it would be the voodoo doll, its still mean but it took some thinking to come up with it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic