Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lockheed Martin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wankel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lockheed Martin
    Posted: 15 Aug 2010 at 3:22pm
Showing jets.  It's like, "WHY?" I mean, are any of us going to BUY a JET?

Waitaminit...they at least talk about the quality of the jets... thats more than the car commercials (like the dopey Mercedes one with the lithpy moppets) does...
Sponsored Links

dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2010 at 9:36pm
You are right.  Why are they on the public airwaves?  I will NEVER buy a jet, even if I was rich.  I'm sure 99.9% of the advertisement's viewers cannot afford one also.  I'm sure it is a situation where Lockheed sponsors a channel or TV show, and in return they get to put ads on the channel, but it is still unnecessary. 

This is like the ads for medical breakthroughs that they have--you know, the ones that are like "[Company X] is doing all we can to find a cure for [insert obscure disease.]"  Okay...good for you.  I hope you find the cure.  But what does this have to do with advertising?  Your research itself is not a tangible product, and you cannot/will not sell it to me (so why advertise it to me?)  The chances are slim that I have the disease anyway.   You should save the millions of dollars you spent on creating a 'look at what I can do' bragging ad and put that into your research, or use the money to hire a few more people to help you.  Maybe the cure would come faster if you do that. Disapprove

Ads should show PRODUCTS for sale.  That's it.
Welcome to Commercial Land. This is a magical place where all women look up while eating, and it is perfectly acceptable to slurp the hell out of a Dannon yogurt cup.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2010 at 9:45pm
They copied the Boeing - That's why we're here commercial.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2010 at 9:48pm
I haven't seen it, but I'm guessing that the commercial exists to encourage investment.

Legoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2010 at 11:34pm
I like to buy one of their F-22 jets, with $300 a month payment. I wonder how many decades it will take to pay that off Big%20smile

What you mean its not for sale? I seen the commercials, now give me one!
Wankel View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wankel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Legoman Legoman wrote:

I like to buy one of their F-22 jets, with $300 a month payment. I wonder how many decades it will take to pay that off Big%20smile

Maybe the Prez can give us some kind of bailout...
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Wankel Wankel wrote:

Maybe the Prez can give us some kind of bailout...

Call it the "people who want an F-22" bailout.

I wouldn't mind test driving one of those jets I think I'd like the scare the crap outta people by flying and breaking the sound barrier over Hartford.LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
msmith View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 9:55pm

I'd probably crash the thing and take myself out in the process.  But what a way to go!!

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 10:45pm
Would they check your criminal background before issuing live ammunition?
jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Wankel Wankel wrote:

Showing jets.  It's like, "WHY?" I mean, are any of us going to BUY a JET?

Waitaminit...they at least talk about the quality of the jets... thats more than the car commercials (like the dopey Mercedes one with the lithpy moppets) does...

As mentioned before, it's probably to generate interest from investors, but your's is a fair point. 

It's like commercials for the GE ct scanners.  I can just see someone showing up at the hospital after a car crash..  "wait doc - is that a GE scanner?  No?  Can I be transferred to another hospital?"
Thethelia thinkth my thoriathith ith thexthy
dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 12:16am
Originally posted by jerkylips jerkylips wrote:

As mentioned before, it's probably to generate interest from investors, but your's is a fair point. 

It's like commercials for the GE ct scanners.  I can just see someone showing up at the hospital after a car crash..  "wait doc - is that a GE scanner?  No?  Can I be transferred to another hospital?"

LOLLOL  "Doctor, where did you buy that GE brand CT scanner?  I want to get one for my home after seeing GE's ad on TV.  You know, their product advertisements are very convincing for the average joe."
Welcome to Commercial Land. This is a magical place where all women look up while eating, and it is perfectly acceptable to slurp the hell out of a Dannon yogurt cup.
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 10:04am

If you figure the price to be $40,000,000.00 each (just a guess, for the sake of the thread Wink), it would take you 1,111+ years to pay off the principle, not figuring interest into it! Shocked

13,333 months at $300.

I'll pass, thanks. A rebuilt J-3 Piper Cub is much easier on my wallet. Heck, a surplus Chinese Mig-15 would be easier on my wallet, and it is legal to own one, after they take out the machine guns and cannon. Cool
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
Legoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 12:28am
Originally posted by Ad Endless Nauseum Ad Endless Nauseum wrote:

If you figure the price to be $40,000,000.00 each (just a guess, for the sake of the thread Wink), it would take you 1,111+ years to pay off the principle, not figuring interest into it! Shocked

13,333 months at $300.

I'll pass, thanks. A rebuilt J-3 Piper Cub is much easier on my wallet. Heck, a surplus Chinese Mig-15 would be easier on my wallet, and it is legal to own one, after they take out the machine guns and cannon. Cool

Haha 1K years, I'll settle on a something less pricey like a CT scan machine Tongue
Wankel View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wankel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 8:30pm
If I had one, I could be to work in 18 seconds...
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I haven't seen it, but I'm guessing that the commercial exists to encourage investment.

Remember those Commercials for ENRON about 10 years ago? Seeing those, I wondered what kind of company was this. I was told they were in the Energy Business, and they were based in Houston, yet, where could one purchase their product? There were no ENRON Gas Stations anywhere, and I smelled something suspicious. Then the word came out, they were a Scam!Angry
Poiuyt Power!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic