Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mr. Opportunity is back and he DANCES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby gerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mr. Opportunity is back and he DANCES
    Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 3:15am
As if this animated jack-ass couldn't get any worse. 

It's called 'The Knock'.  Indeed.  
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 3:18am
Unhappy so stupid this guy needs to get his head knocked. 
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 4:52am

Somebody needs to throw a horde of ninjas at him....

baby gerald View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby gerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 5:04am
Agreed.  There aren't many problems a horde of ninjas cannot solve.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 11:36pm
When he shouts "It's called 'The Knock'" over the music, I just wish he was real so someone would "knock" the sh*t outta him.  The horde of ninjas thing is a good idea.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 3:13am
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

When he shouts "It's called 'The Knock'" over the music, I just wish he was real so someone would "knock" the sh*t outta him.  The horde of ninjas thing is a good idea.

I wish someone who's voiced by Maurice LaMarche would knock some sense out of Mr. Opportunity. (Maybe get The Brain to do so....)
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2010 at 6:25am
Originally posted by MrCleveland MrCleveland wrote:

I wish someone who's voiced by Maurice LaMarche would knock some sense out of Mr. Opportunity. (Maybe get The Brain to do so....)

"What are we gonna do tonight Brain?"  "Well Pinky, we sure as f*ck aren't gonna do THE KNOCK."
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

bonesquat View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonesquat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2010 at 7:56pm
I want him dead. This commercial makes no sense? What does a knock have to do with anything? Did I miss something? Someone throw pack of ninjas wielding running chainsaws at this guy please.
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2010 at 8:23pm
I used to hate this commercial. That was until one day I happened to be sitting a watching TV while this commercial was on. My dog was lying on the floor, all stretched out on his side, facing away from me (like this):

Anyway, all of a sudden he starts wagging his tail to the beat of the music!LOL And he stopped when the commercial ended. Now that commercial reminds me of that and all I can think about when it comes on is total cuteness... EmbarrassedLOL
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2010 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by Yutolia Yutolia wrote:

I used to hate this commercial. That was until one day I happened to be sitting a watching TV while this commercial was on. My dog was lying on the floor, all stretched out on his side, facing away from me (like this):

Anyway, all of a sudden he starts wagging his tail to the beat of the music!LOL And he stopped when the commercial ended. Now that commercial reminds me of that and all I can think about when it comes on is total cuteness... EmbarrassedLOL
It's nice to see that something cute and positive can be derived from this abhorrent POS commercial. 

- Mark Twain

Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2010 at 11:53pm
I know, that commercial was so horrible and now it reminds me of something good! Although it really has nothing to do with the the product or the commercial itself... LOL
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 1:48am
Somebody needs to erase this guy. Like they did to Daffy Duck in "Duck Amuck." 
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

Somebody needs to erase this guy. Like they did to Daffy Duck in "Duck Amuck." 

How about Dip Him like in "Roger Rabbit"?LOL
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Stacy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 10:21pm
The "music" in this commercial sounds like it comes straight from HELL. It's creepy.
70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Stacy Stacy wrote:

The "music" in this commercial sounds like it comes straight from HELL. It's creepy.

Unfortunately, that is what music in most clubs actually sounds like today.
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by 70s80s 70s80s wrote:

I thought all that music was from hell?  I know it makes me wanna kill.

- Mark Twain

level10skank View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote level10skank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2010 at 11:48pm
Thought he had gone away and was mortified to see him back on the air.  The knocking sound effect drives me nuts as well as Mr. Opportunity himself and his annoying voice and eyebrow movements.  He goes right under my skin and evokes multiple unhealthy emotions in me.
Who are the ad wizards who came up with this one?
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 12:18am
He's dating a chick in one video.
A real one and not a cartoon one.
That is odd.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 1:05am

Originally posted by 70s80s 70s80s wrote:

I thought all that music was from hell?  I know it makes me wanna kill.

It's called techno, I wish it would go away.

If I was in the club I'd take out the music using a gun then I would kick Mr. Opportunity in his opportunistic balls.Angry

Originally posted by bonesquat bonesquat wrote:

I want him dead. This commercial makes no sense? What does a knock have to do with anything? Did I miss something? Someone throw pack of ninjas wielding running chainsaws at this guy please.

The knock is a dance based on what he used to do on the the TV screen. He used to knock the screen and say "I'm Mr. Opportunity and I'm knocking" 

Geek

anankha View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anankha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 1:28am
I don't like how awkward he looks before he starts dancing. He looks like he just realized he has legs.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 1:41am
Originally posted by anankha anankha wrote:

I don't like how awkward he looks before he starts dancing. He looks like he just realized he has legs.

NOT ONLY THAT he doesn't even move his legs at all, Who made this bad animation? I would fire them immediately!
sjchevalier07 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjchevalier07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2010 at 11:02pm

LMAO! He does. I can't stomach this commercial anymore. Everytime it comes on, I immediately change the channel. No mas!
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2010 at 2:38am
Originally posted by sjchevalier07 sjchevalier07 wrote:

LMAO! He does. I can't stomach this commercial anymore. Everytime it comes on, I immediately change the channel. No mas!

Mr. Opportunity has become so goddamned non sequitur to what he was originally intended that it's ridiculous.  I mean, he made pretty much no sense to begin with, but this f*cking commercial has him off the goddamn grid.

- Mark Twain

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2010 at 1:56pm
Somebody here said Mr. O looks like Brian Williams... I think he looks more like Matthew Perry (Chandler from "Friends").

Look, he's even doin' "the Knock!" BWAAAAH! LOLLOLLOL
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2010 at 9:22pm

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

He does look similar to Matthew Perry,huh

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic