Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Geico - Little Piggy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Geico - Little Piggy
    Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 1:23am
I just saw this....

A mother driving the car pool and a little piggy with his head out of the window going,

Whee - whee - whee!!! All the way home.

I loved it!
Sponsored Links

skullface2112 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skullface2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 1:40am
I dunno, it kinda annoyed me. I liked the Antiques Roadshow parody, though.
"Never doubt the power of stupidity in numbers." Why do you think there's so many crappy commercials out there?
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 2:10am
I've grown to love it surprisingly!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 10:43pm
Yes...the new ones are GREAT. This one totally threw me (I missed the opening when I first saw it; really thought I was watching 'Antiques Roadshow' and was totally  taken in...)
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
janderson2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janderson2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 5:14am
Both of these commercials suuuuuuck....but the piggy one is annoying as fuuuuuck.
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 3:43pm
I actually like the one with Randy Johnson in it... Embarrassed
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 6:07pm
Big%20smileBeing a HUGE baseball ~and~ Randy Johnson fan...I also loved that one, Y.
~~~
One of our newer members posted this one...I've only seen it ONCE, but it is also on the 'brilliant' side...

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 7:35pm
They would.  LOL
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Yutolia Yutolia wrote:

I actually like the one with Randy Johnson in it... Embarrassed

The only thing I can think of when that one comes on is---why does this great pitcher keep missing his target?  First he hits the garage, and then he can only "wing" the guy's shoulder?? 

Just the fact that I dwell on this minor point, must mean the commercial doesn't work for me.  LOL

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 3:01pm
I love the pig one.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 3:17pm
I "dig the pig" too.

And the Antiques Roadshow parody "Bird in the Hand" ad is pretty clever too.

Gotta hand it to GEICO, they really do put forth an effort to be clever & entertaining.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 5:01pm
Exactly, and if someone's complaining about that they are on too often, they should turn off the TV once in a while.
Jessica View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 4:25am
I haven't seen much of the Gecko, The Cavemen,or the Stack of Bills. Just Question Guy. I think the Elmer Fudd one is my fave of his. Though the piggy one is cute too. There's also an Octopuss one for Renter's Insurance.

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 9:54am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Big%20smileBeing a HUGE baseball ~and~ Randy Johnson fan...I also loved that one, Y.
~~~
One of our newer members posted this one...I've only seen it ONCE, but it is also on the 'brilliant' side...

Funny, but Geico has this one wrong. the saying goes.... 

How much wood would a woodchuck, chuck if a woodchuck COULD chuck wood? 
A woodchuck would chuck all the wood IF a woodchuck COULD chuck wood.

Woodchucks actually can't chuck wood.  LOL 

SokMunkie View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SokMunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2010 at 4:01am
I think they retired the "stack of bills" commercials, thank god.  The piggy one makes me laugh out loud.
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 11:02pm
I love this commercial; I go around the house saying, "We, we, weeeee" and it drives one of my dogs nuts.  Whoever came up with this one should have gotten a BIG bonus!
blue View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 5:37am
I scramble to mute the TV whenever the pig one comes on. What an awful noise.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 11:43am
Originally posted by blue blue wrote:

I scramble to mute the TV whenever the pig one comes on. What an awful noise.

Maybe a "Deliverance" moment?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 2:07pm
Fake and/or talking animals in movies, TV, or commercials usually just bug me, but for some reason, I like "Maxwell".
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 4:19pm
I lke the way the pig's demeanor suddenly changes as soon as the lady stops at his house.

He's like.... "WEEEE WEEEE WEEEE!!!!!!" all the way home, then as soon as they stop, he's suddenly all relaxed & nonchalant.

Funny.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 4:25pm
And he's holding pinwheels out the window.  LOL
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 11:14pm
I think i like it so much because Maxwell is one happy pig--that boy is enjoying himself! 
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by SokMunkie SokMunkie wrote:

I think they retired the "stack of bills" commercials, thank god.  The piggy one makes me laugh out loud.

Ya' mean Kash? yeah I hated him too, glad they got rid of it!Big%20smile
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
bonesquat View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonesquat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 12:38am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Originally posted by SokMunkie SokMunkie wrote:

Ya' mean Kash? yeah I hated him too, glad they got rid of it!Big%20smile

Me too!! That was awful!
clamshell View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clamshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 4:30am
This one is definitely cute.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic