Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Multigrain Cheerios "last year's jeans"....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Multigrain Cheerios "last year's jeans"....
    Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 5:04pm
Saw another puker this morning.

Same old "if you eat our cereal you'll get thin & sexy" bulloney.

Middle aged gal rummages thru her closet.

Middle aged gal takes out a pair of jeans, puts them on & zips them up.

They fit her perfectly.

Middle aged gal begins dancing hysterically.

Middle aged gal runs across the yard to neighbor's house & knocks on door.

Different middle aged gal answers door & asks "Are those last year's jeans?" as first middle aged gal shakes her butt then slaps it.

First middle aged gal gushes that the only reason they fit again is because she lost weight eating Multigrain Cheerios. Fails to mention the months of starvation, deprivation & misery that accompanied the one bowl of Multigrain Cheerios per day she was allowed to eat in order to lose said weight.

Second middle aged gal replies incredulously: "Multi grain....????!!!!" Shocked as if she'd never even heard the term before.

Image cuts to picture of bowl of cereal & the usual spiel that nobody even pays any attention to anymore including me, which is why I can't tell you what they said, but take my word for it, it's the same tired old yadda-yadda crap.

If & when the video of it appears on the internet, maybe I'll post it here.

If I remember.

It's really stupid.

Trust me.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 5:06pm
And then the follow-up commercial shows the woman's rage when she realizes her husband has been stretching 'last year's jeans' so they would fit her fat @$$. LOL
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 8:49pm
What if "last year's jeans" were size 16? 
HatyMcHater View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatyMcHater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 4:36am
Who buys new jeans every year?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 1:54pm
How much weight did she gain since she bought those jeans last year that being able to fit into them again is cause for elation?  Five or ten pounds?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

How much weight did she gain since she bought those jeans last year that being able to fit into them again is cause for elation?  Five or ten pounds?

This was her BEFORE Multigrain Cheerios

And this was her AFTER Multigrain Cheerios...

Apparently they work wonders on cellulite & sagging skin too.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 8:45pm
Gawd, if that button came lose it'd put someone's eye out.Ouch
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 9:52pm
It would probably pierce their skull & lodge in their brain!!!

C'mon, man!
dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 12:20am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

And if she only lost 5-10 lbs in a whole year, then that isn't anything to jump for joy over.  I'd be pissed I didn't lose more in such a long time period.
jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 12:58am
She looked stupid doing her little "booty dance" in front of her neighbor's door..if I lived across the street I would have thought a bee went down her pants!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 8:51pm
She could cheat and still fit in last years jeans.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 9:07pm

After a while, jeans stretch out from their original fit. Last year's jeans still fit means her ass probably widened right along with them.

The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

This was her BEFORE Multigrain Cheerios

She's got the look
I want to know better
She's got the look
That's all together
Workin, playin', day and night
Lardass has the fit that's right
The Lardass Look
The Lardass Look

dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 11:29pm
Do people really call clothing by year (outside of ultra-modern fashion clothing that goes out of style in a year)?  For example, I have a shirt that I got for Christmas last year.  Would I go around telling people it is 'last year's shirt'?  My pants I'm wearing now were bought in 2005, so are they 'my 2005s'?  Disapprove  I dunno, but calling a pair of jeans 'last year's jeans' is a stupid way to denote weight loss, and is also a stupid way to explain the garment itself.  That brings me to this:  Did she buy the jeans last year when they fit, gained 50 lbs, lost the weight, and now they fit again?  Or, did she purposefully buy jeans way too small as a goal to fit into them at a later date (now)?  I don't know about you, but I ONLY buy clothes that fit me at the time of purchase (well, a tad bit bigger to compensate for when they get washed and shrink.)  Maybe I'm in the minority.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 3:51am
Don't look at me.  Most of my clothes I'd have to pinpoint by decade, or simply "I got this shirt sometime back in the 1900s".

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 10:40pm
You're talking about women, DP7. That's why women have 30 pairs of shoes and men have maybe 3. They couldn't be caught out on the town wearing a pair from last year.Wink
dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

You're talking about women, DP7. That's why women have 30 pairs of shoes and men have maybe 3. They couldn't be caught out on the town wearing a pair from last year.Wink

LOL I wonder if the woman had to throw away 'last year's jeans' or only wear them in the house because they went out of fashion 365 (or less) days after she bought them (joke of course!)  

I completely understand wanting to only wear the latest fashions in regard to all forms of clothing (especially hairstyles and accessories like glasses/jewelery, etc.)  There's nothing wrong with that.  However, I still take issue with the whole 'model year' aspect in this ad like the jeans are a car, or music that would get stale and tired a few months after purchase.  But, for the most part, jeans just stay in fashion (of course, unless they are some trendy cut like skinny jeans or that bell-bottom-like style that was going on in the late 90s.)  I have some lightly worn (regular style) jeans from 1999 in my dresser.  They look identical to what is on the shelves today at Kohl's.  Would anyone REALLY know I was wearing 11-year-old clothes if I wore them today?  I mean, it is JEANS! LOLDisapprove
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 1:21am
I made my most radical fashion change about ten years ago when I switched from jeans to cargo pants.

Oh, and I bought a pair of cargo shorts a while back---in plaid!!!  Shocked

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 3:40am
I bet they go great with the black socks & leather sandals. Shocked 

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 3:54am
These are they!  These are they!  And they look great with black sox and sandals.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 12:57am
I hope the black socks are knee high, rather than ankle high like the ones in the pic.

Ankle high black socks look almost cool in an odd sort of way.

Knee high black socks look so "old-fart dorky".

That's the way I prefer to envision you.

LOL

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 1:07am
Actually, I just wear my own natural thigh-high hair sox.  Sometimes I smear a little glitter into the hair, but that's only when I go someplace and want to look my prettiest.

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 3:08am
Thor honey, you're always pretty!
Coastwizard View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coastwizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 4:17am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Saw another puker this morning.

Same old "if you eat our cereal you'll get thin & sexy" bulloney.

Middle aged gal rummages thru her closet.

Middle aged gal takes out a pair of jeans, puts them on & zips them up.

They fit her perfectly.

Middle aged gal begins dancing hysterically.

Middle aged gal runs across the yard to neighbor's house & knocks on door.

Different middle aged gal answers door & asks "Are those last year's jeans?" as first middle aged gal shakes her butt then slaps it.

First middle aged gal gushes that the only reason they fit again is because she lost weight eating Multigrain Cheerios. Fails to mention the months of starvation, deprivation & misery that accompanied the one bowl of Multigrain Cheerios per day she was allowed to eat in order to lose said weight.

Second middle aged gal replies incredulously: "Multi grain....????!!!!" Shocked as if she'd never even heard the term before.

Image cuts to picture of bowl of cereal & the usual spiel that nobody even pays any attention to anymore including me, which is why I can't tell you what they said, but take my word for it, it's the same tired old yadda-yadda crap.

First middle aged gal suddenly realizes, too late, that jeans actually belong to her 350 lb husband and were accidentally placed in her drawer by absent-minded teenage daughter sorting the laundry! Shocked
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 4:59pm
Yah... dat vud be a goot vun!!!

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic