Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anything on Nickelodeon = Fail.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anything on Nickelodeon = Fail.
    Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 11:35pm

I've just about had it with Nickelodeon. Unless you have Direct Tv where they show all the old cartoons like Jimmy Neutron and Invader Zim, you are stuck with Spongebob. It is the ONLY cartoon left.

Now we are plagued with 'reality' shows that are so unrealistic, they make the stuff we see on cartoons seem more likely to happen. Examples of this are iCarly, Big Time Rush, Justice VP, and Victorious.

Share your hatred of these shows, if you have any.
Sponsored Links

dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 12:06am
I wish they got rid of Nick GAS a few years ago and launched the rumored 'Nick Rewind' channel.  This channel was supposed to show early 90s Nicktoons (Rugrats, Doug, Catdog, etc.)  It was also supposed to air game shows like 'What Would You Do?' and 'Wild & Crazy Kids.'  Of course, we got nothing. Cry

About the only good thing they have going for them is the 'Family Matters' marathons on Nick @ Nite.  I could watch those all day.  I still resent having 90s-early '00s shows on N@N, though, because I remember in the '90s they shown shows from the '50s-'70s.  I didn't think they'd air shows I remember watching new until the 2020s.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 2:29am
I only watch it for Penguins of Madagascar, the rest could go to sh*t.

It's not the same as the 90's Nickelodeon. NICK NICK NICK NICK NICK NICK NICK Nickelodeon
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Legoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 3:44am
Cartoon network is the worst. Nicolodian is getting bad too.  Spongebob is a great concept but they are trying to get every last drop from the sponge (pun intended :P) Spongebob is getting getting kinda questionable, even though he is asexual. I hate my nieces watching the show, there is clearly adult content that kids are like huh? 
70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 2:07pm
In the early 90s, Nick at Nite was the bestest!

They had jingles like:

"The network programs stink outright.
Stay shower fresh with Nick at Nite Brand reruns!"
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by 70s80s 70s80s wrote:

In the early 90s, Nick at Nite was the bestest!

They had jingles like:

"The network programs stink outright.
Stay shower fresh with Nick at Nite Brand reruns!"
As you all know, I haven't had cable now for 3 1/2 years. In the time since I "Cut the Cord" things have done nothing but take a turn for the worse. I do not see anything getting better in the forseeable future, and I have NO regrets for doing what I did. AFAIC The Entire Media Industry can ROT IN THEIR CORPERATE GREED!LOL 
Poiuyt Power!!!
Nikki View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 10:41pm
I still remember the commercials for Nickelodeon Magazine! I miss those things, even though half the pages in them were just advertisements. Then even the magazine lost it's touch, ever since it kept featuring the stars of those 'reality' shows...maybe it was a good thing it stopped being published.
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 5:01pm
Nickelodeon used to be a great channel. When my family first got cable in late 1993, I was instantly hooked. I loved the old NickToons and all the wacky things they had in between them. The jingle was the best.

alex9152 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alex9152 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 4:05pm
The shows in the first post are just live-action. They do not pretend to be reality.

"Big Time Rush" insults the great rock band Rush by using the word "Rush" in the name.
Captain Pipcard View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Pipcard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 4:28am
Spongebob and iCarly is basically all they air (mostly).

Avatar was a great show, though. They air it on Nicktoons Network now, too bad if you don't have cable/satellite.
We have the power of imagination.
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 6:10am
Originally posted by Captain Pipcard Captain Pipcard wrote:

Spongebob and iCarly is basically all they air (mostly).

Avatar was a great show, though. They air it on Nicktoons Network now, too bad if you don't have cable/satellite.
You can get Avatar on DVD. Then you can watch it WITHOUT COMMERCIALS!Big%20smile
Poiuyt Power!!!
bonesquat View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonesquat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 11:51pm
I really miss the old nick. The one before 1999. 2000 and up has only provided spongebob and only GOOD spongebob for a few short lived years in the early 2000s. New spongebob sucks. The old episodes are awesome. Everything else on Nick now is garbage.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 1:49pm
Is it possible that you're all simply too old for the channel?

From Wikipedia:

The channel is aimed mostly at children ages 6–12, with the exception of their weekday morning programming that is aimed at children ages 2–5.

Grant View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 3:30pm
I can only speak from my experience, but I don't think anyone automatically outgrows cartoons - maybe this sounds trite, but it depends on the cartoon and it depends on the person. There are famous examples of ones "for all ages", like Peanuts and Dr. Seuss and Jay Ward, but to me, that can be true with any cartoon on earth.
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Grant Grant wrote:

I can only speak from my experience, but I don't think anyone automatically outgrows cartoons - maybe this sounds trite, but it depends on the cartoon and it depends on the person. There are famous examples of ones "for all ages", like Peanuts and Dr. Seuss and Jay Ward, but to me, that can be true with any cartoon on earth.

I Second! Big%20smile

There are occaisions where I'll recreate my Childhood by watching DVDs of the shows I used to watch after School and on Saturday Morning. Today's kids don't know what they are missing!Cry
Poiuyt Power!!!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by regulus regulus wrote:

Today's kids don't know what they are missing!Cry

I thought the same thing when I saw the crop of cartoons that came out in the 70s.  And I'll bet today's kids will say the same thing 10 years from now.

DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 4:03am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Is it possible that you're all simply too old for the channel?

From Wikipedia:

The channel is aimed mostly at children ages 6–12, with the exception of their weekday morning programming that is aimed at children ages 2–5.

This exactly.Clap 
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I thought the same thing when I saw the crop of cartoons that came out in the 70s. 

I consider 1970-71 as the year Saturday Morning Cartoons "Jumped the Shark". IMO the decline began when "Doo-Gooder" Groups such as Action for Children's Television demanded that Children's Shows be more "Educational" (Which led to the "EI" Lables on today's Kids Shows) and consequently resulted in many shows getting removed from the airwaves, many of which were the ones I liked to watch!Angry Thankfully, I have been able to find most of my "Old Favorates" on DVD in one form or another. Watching them is a nice "Blast from the Past"Big%20smile
Poiuyt Power!!!
Captain Pipcard View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Pipcard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 1:36am
All nickelodeon airs is (excluding nick jr. & nick@nite):
Spongebob
iCarly
Big Time Rush
Victorious

(they might air other stuff on the weekends but that's basically it)

We have the power of imagination.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2010 at 1:21am
I really wish the Gen Y people would take over Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, and The Disney Channel...maybe by then, we'll have the older shows that we're used to!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
SokMunkie View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SokMunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2010 at 4:20am
My son loves Spongebob, so we often watch hours of it.  I think it's funny.
bluenowait View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluenowait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 3:34am
For those of you who have a subscription to Netflix, you can access classic Nicktoons through their instant streaming catalog; I've been reliving some broadcast memories, along with getting hooked on Avatar: The Last Airbender. (P.S. There's soon going to be a sequel series: "The Legend of Korra".) Oh, and at the time of this posting, Nick has concluded broadcasting what is, in my humble opinion, THE BEST F&#$ING MOVIE EVER MADE!!! Back to the Future! Plus, they will continue the epic trilogy for the next two days GOD, I love that movie!
t(ò_ót) Double Deuce!
TWCFan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWCFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 5:51am
Is it the 25th anniversary of Back to the Future or are they airing the films for the hell of it?
Closing logos! Now that's something I can watch on TV.
momo View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 10:50pm
I really do hate the direction kid aimed networks are going, especially with the cartoons. Most of them s**k. A lot of them just rely on bathroom humor in hopes that all kids will enjoy it. In my own opinion the only show Nick aired that really had a good moral depth to it was Avatar. I'll be watching this station again once the cartoon sequel hits. I really miss the 90's and early 2000 shows....At least then they were still good....

Cartoon Network is still okay to me. I kind of only watch Chowder and Flapjack....When I have time...
JasonTKD View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonTKD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 1:16am
Originally posted by bonesquat bonesquat wrote:

I really miss the old nick. The one before 1999. 

What Nick really needs is Double Dare, hosted by someone as awesome as Mark Summers . ...Cause "Double Dare" was the best f'n game show EVER.  Big%20smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic