Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"But what about FECES?" Arm & Hammer ad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "But what about FECES?" Arm & Hammer ad
    Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 2:30pm

No video found, but while finishing my Saturday morning breakfast, I saw an ad for Arm and Hammer Double-Duty Kitty Litter with a woman sitting in her living room with her cat. She looks into the camera and says "All cat litters handle urine odors. But what about feces?"

The ad goes on to describe the superior feces-odor-killing qualities of the product, but the only message I got was FECES blah blah blah FECES blah blah blah FECES.

I thought we'd pretty much reached the limits of bodily-function related terminology in ads, but obviously I was wrong.

Lord have mercy.
Hundreds of threads killed.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 2:42pm
The word "feces" always makes me laugh.  Like a third-grader hearing the word for the first time.

Virginia Dare View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 6:41pm
I love that Barbara Streisand movie "The Mirror Has Two Feces".  Cool

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2010 at 3:39am
Originally posted by ThreadKiller ThreadKiller wrote:

...I saw an ad for Arm and Hammer Double-Duty Kitty Litter with a woman sitting in her living room with her cat...

I haven't seen this ad, but I hope the litter box wasn't all on display and accentuated in the living room near the woman and the cat (since you know everyone has an open-top litter box on their coffee table in these type of ads LOL)  However, if the litter box is in the living room, then talk about being unsanitary!  I mean, I have cats, but I'd not put a litter box so close to a couch or chair that I'd sit on.  You know the cat would jump up on the sofa to clean itself, complete with shCensoredty litter still all in its paws, right after a trip to the litter box. Dead
Virginia Dare View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2010 at 3:57am
Originally posted by dp7 dp7 wrote:

Originally posted by ThreadKiller ThreadKiller wrote:

...I saw an ad for Arm and Hammer Double-Duty Kitty Litter with a woman sitting in her living room with her cat...

I haven't seen this ad, but I hope the litter box wasn't all on display and accentuated in the living room near the woman and the cat (since you know everyone has an open-top litter box on their coffee table in these type of ads LOL)  However, if the litter box is in the living room, then talk about being unsanitary!  I mean, I have cats, but I'd not put a litter box so close to a couch or chair that I'd sit on.  You know the cat would jump up on the sofa to clean itself, complete with shCensoredty litter still all in its paws, right after a trip to the litter box. Dead
It matters not where the litter box is kept because what you just said above can happen in any room of the house....and the cat will always have "litterbox feet" that travel with Kitty on your counters, bedding, bathroom sinks etc. etc..  I don't fancy keeping the litter box in the kitchen but believe me,  people do.  When I've had cats, I'd always scooped their poop the minute they're finished pinching off that loaf.  It's healthier for them, and for people, too.  Not cleaning the cat's poo from the box at least once a day is akin to hoo-mans  not flushing the toilet after a b.m. 

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2010 at 7:25pm
Seems like they could just as easily used the term "solids", or "solid waste", and there would have been no mistaking what they were talking about. Dumbass writers.
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 3:44am
Dead10:30 P.M. Tuesday evening...evening treat ruined

Just saw this commercial for the first time, and wow! How excited I'm not.
Have to agree with TK; all I heard was "...blah, blah, blah...FECES....blah, blah, blah...FECES...". And, well...the container on the T.V. even had the word FECES prominently displayed, in a bright red box. Can't miss it - and if you cannot remember the name of the product, while at the store, then well, heck - just ask for the "Box of Feces".   

The mental effect was horrific...I almost got the second spoon-full of my chocolate ice FECES to my lips when I realized I no longer desired my evening treat. Tossed it and almost 'tossed my cookies'.

Arm & Hammer didn't win any points with me; I'm not going to buy their product - nope.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 4:37am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Dead10:30 P.M. Tuesday evening...evening treat ruined

Just saw this commercial for the first time, and wow! How excited I'm not.
Have to agree with TK; all I heard was "...blah, blah, blah...FECES....blah, blah, blah...FECES...". And, well...the container on the T.V. even had the word FECES prominently displayed, in a bright red box. Can't miss it - and if you cannot remember the name of the product, while at the store, then well, heck - just ask for the "Box of Feces".   

The mental effect was horrific...I almost got the second spoon-full of my chocolate ice FECES to my lips when I realized I no longer desired my evening treat. Tossed it and almost 'tossed my cookies'.

Arm & Hammer didn't win any points with me; I'm not going to buy their product - nope.

^ ^ LOL LOL These ads always seem to pop up when you are eating something that could somewhat, in some form, resemble a bowel movement.  The nerve! Big%20smile
Welcome to Commercial Land. This is a magical place where all women look up while eating, and it is perfectly acceptable to slurp the hell out of a Dannon yogurt cup.
macpic70 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macpic70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 11:16pm
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 12:03am
ConfusedThe ACTUAL commercial is finally available for your listening pleasure...or, just to go along with the other feces you may be currently wiping aside....
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 12:54am
Originally posted by macpic70 macpic70 wrote:

OW MY SIDES!!!!!LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Elkwood View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 3:54am
This commercial is a real show stopper. The lady continually says, "FECES" and she says it with authority! I don't even remember what the he'll they are trying to sell. I have a great way to avoid feces odor in my house - I don't keep boxes of sh*t in it.
TeamEdward1976 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2011 at 3:55am

LOLLOLClap
Julie
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 2:26am
Originally posted by Banderboy Banderboy wrote:

Seems like they could just as easily used the term "solids", or "solid waste", and there would have been no mistaking what they were talking about. Dumbass writers.
  but feces is funnier. It's just a funny word.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 2:35am

Damn, that was funny.
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic