Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Huggies Jeans diapers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Huggies Jeans diapers
    Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 12:06am
I've only got one word for this... "sickening." DeadDeadDeadDeadDead

Sponsored Links

Virginia Dare View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 12:44am
LOL  When I first saw this I thought the voice-over was saying the diaper was "full of "SHEET"Shocked  But it's neither Sh!t nor chic.  It's just a tacky commercial with a very cute baby to kind of salvage things?

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
PitLoad413 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PitLoad413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 1:32am

There's a lot of wierd and disgusting people in the advertizing industry aren't there?  My god! All those morons staring at a kid's ass, what the f*^k are they thinking?! If there's any commercial that should be taken off the air(besides anything from Subway, Wal-Mart, Verizon, etc) it's this one...definitely. UGGGHH!!!

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 2:26am
Ugh STUPID

How in the Hell do these pricks manage to pay millions maybe billions for this crap?, so dumb.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jessica View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 4:21am
Dead You have got to be kidding me! Looks more like a parody than an actual ad.
dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 4:50am
From what I could tell online, these are disposable, one-use diapers.  Oh lord.  I can't wait until some lazy/ignorant parent tries to reuse these diapers as if they are ritzy, nice cloth diapers until the diaper is crusted over/discolored, and kid's bottom is broken out in rashes from irritation.  AngryDead

Oh, and I'm sure we'll start to see babies crawling around in public stores, etc. with just the jeans on (no pants), especially since the ad shows they are a substitute for pants.  They are not! Imagine how sanitary it will be when mommy is putting her little precious into cribs, car seats, etc. at Babies R Us! Shocked  Plus, at least based on the few Amazon reviews I skimmed over, these things leak...pretty bad.

They also appear to be real denim, and are not *that* much more expensive than conventional disposable diapers.  Why aren't they so cost-prohibitive if they are real denim and are only one-use?  I'd gather that a pair of adult (or even kid) pants made from the same denim these monstrosities were made out of would be MUCH more than $19 for 72 diapers!
Virginia Dare View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 5:00am
Originally posted by dp7 dp7 wrote:

Oh, and I'm sure we'll start to see babies crawling around in public stores, etc. with just the jeans on (no pants), especially since the ad shows they are a substitute for pants.  They are not! Imagine how sanitary it will be when mommy is putting her little precious into cribs, car seats, etc. at Babies R Us! Shocked  Plus, at least based on the few Amazon reviews I skimmed over, these things leak...pretty bad.

That's a great point!  Clap  I was just thinking about RE-THINKING putting some of my groceries in that "Baby Bottom Seat" in the cart.  Leaking diaper juice, anyone??  DeadDeadDead  Seriously....ecoli is no joke. 

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 5:37am
Never seen the commercial, but we have an endcap of these abominations at work. No one really seems to be buying them, they're overpriced and really stupid. Seriously, people care that much about something that gets sh*t on and causes rashes....really? Diapers are not supposed to be cute, period. Children need pants. There's a freaking toddler across the street from my house that's always wandering around outside with nothing but a diaper on. Sorta both irritates and grosses me out.

Kinda reminds me of Huggies Thong.... http://www.friskylizard.com/player.asp?ID=453056353
momo View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 9:56am
To me it's just another way of jumping onto the "Designer" bandwagon. I thought the commercial was cheesy at the most, but it did disturb me how they sexualized it.

Diapers were not invented to be cute or trendy or chic or whatever. If these diapers leak pretty badly...Who ever designed this was definitely not thinking.
70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 2:52pm
Oops he crapped his...JEANS!
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 10:42pm
Diaper commercials just creep me out, period!

I also don't like it when children have naked feet in public! Who knows what sh*t could land on their feet, If I ever have a child (God forbid) I'm having my child wear shoes no matter where he goes...sandals are fine too.
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
blue View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 8:39pm
It's creepy how the women appear to be checking him out. Also, it drives me crazy how this seems to come on EVERY commercial break.
dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by blue blue wrote:

It's creepy how the women appear to be checking him out. Also, it drives me crazy how this seems to come on EVERY commercial break.

I must be watching the wrong channels, because I haven't seen the ad since my original post in this thread (thankfully!)  I seriously wonder what will Huggies think of next...the 'see-through diaper' or 'the paper diaper'? Shocked LOL

And also, I hope these things have regular lining and padding (taped, of course) to the jeans so the kids won't have any chafing or crushing down there.  Imagine just wearing jeans with no lining or protection (for the guys! LOL) Confused 
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 2:28am
I just caught it on TV and noticed the unfortunate tagline "the coolest you'll look while pooping your pants"...oh HAHA NOT. I'm so tired of these "it's funny because it's true" BS. It's not cute, diapers are not cute, and the tag line is trying WAYYYY too hard. Put some pants on that damn kid.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 8:10pm
Next thing you know, grandpa will start wearing his Depends out in the open.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Next thing you know, grandpa will start wearing his Depends out in the open.

Oh God No!Dead

I can't even stand seeing fat men shirtless...even with this hot weather we're having!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 9:44pm
Since when were diapers considered...........................stylish?

WTF?

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 10:37pm
Here's another thing I noticed in this ad that I didn't note before: I wonder how they got the kid to look all suave and cool...I mean you can even see it in the Youtube preview window before you click 'play.'  The baby looks like he's gonna cut you if you aren't careful around him! Shocked   How did they get the kid to look all smug like that?  I'm sure it isn't as easy as waving a toy and saying "Okay dearie, smile!"
Jessica View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 8:36am
CGI, maybe? Stern%20Smile
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by dp7 dp7 wrote:

Here's another thing I noticed in this ad that I didn't note before: I wonder how they got the kid to look all suave and cool...I mean you can even see it in the Youtube preview window before you click 'play.'  The baby looks like he's gonna cut you if you aren't careful around him! Shocked   How did they get the kid to look all smug like that?  I'm sure it isn't as easy as waving a toy and saying "Okay dearie, smile!"
 Maybe he's looking for that Ally bank guy that didn't let him have the icecream.
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 4:44pm
ShockedShockedShockedShocked

Lord, here we go...

This has got to be, without a doubt, one of the STOOPIDEST ads and product I've ever seen! A diaper made from jeans?! Who's the crackhead who came up with this concept? And WTF is up with the toddler walking down the street without any pants and having all these women check him out as if he's Brad Pitt walking down the street totally naked? Women can be pedophiles, too, and that's what this ad screams, not to mention the general creepiness.

And all the poop references? Not funny. This goes beyond the mute button; it gets the change the channel treatment AND is a clear cut candidate for the worst commercial of 2010.

Mooch not amused.
dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

ShockedShockedShockedShocked

.......And WTF is up with the toddler walking down the street without any pants and having all these women check him out as if he's Brad Pitt walking down the street totally naked? Women can be pedophiles, too, and that's what this ad screams, not to mention the general creepiness.......

You have a point.  If the mother catches another woman looking at her precious child wearing the diapers, she'd probably be like "I know...isn't he CUTE in the diapers?!?"  A guy looks at the kid, then OMG HE'S A PEDO...even if the guy is just like 'WTF is that baby wearing.' Shocked Angry  Of course, I'm not saying people SHOULD stare at kids, but I know people would notice it in public due to the sheer brashness of allowing kids to roam without pants on...it is an eyesore AND unsanitary!

This situation is further messed up because I'm sure parents probably buy this shCensoredty diapers just to make a statement so people would notice the kid wearing them. Disapprove
kicket View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kicket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 1:06am
OK what the f**k is this....this screams euro trash right from the start between the hostle campy techno to the black wigged paris hiltion wanna be woman in the beginning and the voice over...hans and frons want their accent back I POO in BLUE....WTF who thought this was a good idea i picture some gay pink sweater wearing euro trash guy coming up with this..want to make it American put the kid in a walmart only ppl i see using this.do i give a crap what my kid craps in...umm no 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic