Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Pillow Pets" (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Pillow Pets" (video)
    Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 7:45pm
I think today is possibly one of the WORST days for commercials in a LONG TIME.
One after another - they're coming even quicker than I can complain!
~~~
.......ohhhhhhhhh please! Yet *something else* for the GrandPups to puke on and for the dogs to hump...and for us to wash...
~~~
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 9:06pm
Ow my poor brain!!!!

IT STINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!1

someone please shut up those kids singing "It's a pillow it's a pet it's a pillow pet!!!"Angry

motherCensoreder that song is annoying ARGH IT'S IN MY HEAD MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!

this is such a stupid product no one needs a pillow pet NOBODY this is another useless product that people must have because it's so cool, or so cute or whatever adjective they use.

A perfectly firm pillow can do the job that this so called pillow pet does, and they make the hinging and unhinging like the best thing since sliced bread. SO STUPID. 

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 4:47am
We started carrying these at work. To top it off we get a DVD of this commercial on a loop in the break room. UGH not to mention people ate those stupid things up, we only have the bee left. Apparently no one likes the bee.
Virginia Dare View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 5:22am
We're all jealous because the inventor of this thing, (along with the inventor of the rubber bands shaped like animals that kids insist on sleeping with on their wrists!) , is living in the South Of France now with a full staff and about $11venty-gazillion dollars in the bank.   All it takes is one, stupid, people will fall for it, IDEA.  Cool

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Virginia Dare Virginia Dare wrote:

We're all jealous because the inventor of this thing, (along with the inventor of the rubber bands shaped like animals that kids insist on sleeping with on their wrists!) , is living in the South Of France now with a full staff and about $11venty-gazillion dollars in the bank.   All it takes is one, stupid, people will fall for it, IDEA.  Cool
Big%20smileVery TRUE words - no matter WHAT you create and market, SOMEBODY will buy it.
MissyDWolf sells those stinkin' rubber bands for $2.99 a pack, at her store. The kids love them.
She also sells something a local fisherman made - fuzzy cuts of black fabric with a piece of light fishing line attached. You wiggle it in the water and it looks like a slimy critter.
All this guy spent on this creation was time; she sold out - kids will buy anything - even older ones.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 7:09pm
Big%20smileVery TRUE words - no matter WHAT you create and market, SOMEBODY will buy it.

So true Pa...I know you remember our favorite the SNUGGIE!!LOL
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 7:56pm
On that note....

LOLLOLLOL

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 4:34pm
The part I hate the most is when the announcer says "It's the perfect $20.00 gift!" Wow, thanks Grandma. Nice to know that I'm only worth $20 to you.

That being said, I think these things are CUTE! I want one! Heza, I'll take the bee that no one wants.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 8:22pm
A sucker is born every minute and a salesman to pitch it.LOL
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 9:39pm

On that note....

LOLLOLLOL

LOL imagine someone driving with that on DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNShockedLOL

It could happen. Stern%20Smile

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jessica View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 8:45am
That t.v. hat thing is real?! I thought it was just a parody! Satire just got a lot harder.

As for the Pillow Pets, I think they're kinda cute myself. I'd be willing to buy the bee too. Smile The ad can get a bit annoying after awhile though, I'll admit.
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 8:54am
PT Barnum was an optimist. There are a heck of a lot more than just "one" born every minute! Pinch
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
drakkonia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drakkonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 9:25pm
Wow, Pillow Pets AND TV Hats.  I love this thread, LOL.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 8:33pm
Pillow Pets has nothing on TotalPillow....... just ask the old ListenUp hag struggling with her bed pillow.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 8:43pm
My kingdom for a perfect pillow!  That twisty thing doesn't look so bad to me!  Embarrassed  

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
Malcolm Reynolds View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malcolm Reynolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

We started carrying these at work. To top it off we get a DVD of this commercial on a loop in the break room.

Remember, a good noose knot has seven twists.
"If you make your software idiot proof, nature will make a better idiot."
-Me
Malcolm Reynolds View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malcolm Reynolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 2:15pm

On that note....

LOLLOLLOL

The.

f**k.
"If you make your software idiot proof, nature will make a better idiot."
-Me
Jessica View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 7:34pm
That t.v. hat has got to be one of the dumbest things I have ever seen in my life.
MrButler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Formerly Angry Lil Fat Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrButler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 11:41am
I think pillow pets are cute.I'm not annoyed by the commercial at all. It's almost nostalgic.
MrButler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Formerly Angry Lil Fat Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrButler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Pillow Pets has nothing on TotalPillow....... just ask the old ListenUp hag struggling with her bed pillow.
that thing loooks way too unconfortable besides its like u gotta be a side sleeper to use it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic