Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allstate: 'Mayhem is Coming' series...(Video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2013 at 9:15pm
That dude's one of the coolest left. I always liked him in Law & Order. Don't know why they wrote him off the show. I never saw much of him again until these commercials. His facial expressions are great.  
They're taking our nags Ace. Ya. And making damm good targets of themselves. Let em have it.

Everybody loves you when you hate what they hate, but nobody loves you when you hate what they love.
Sponsored Links

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2013 at 3:16pm
I saw the water heater one this weekend, and was making the mistake of taking a drink when he shot through the roof LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2013 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by onegroovydude onegroovydude wrote:

That dude's one of the coolest left. I always liked him in Law & Order. Don't know why they wrote him off the show. I never saw much of him again until these commercials. His facial expressions are great.  
"Cassidy" got mentally 'hammered' by a specific sex crime and transferred out, years back.
Believe it or not, he is back in the current/new L&O - still "Cassidy", but is more of a side-character, now - he is working 'under-cover' and is a major part of the current story
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 6:35am
Originally posted by onegroovydude onegroovydude wrote:

That dude's one of the coolest left. I always liked him in Law & Order. Don't know why they wrote him off the show. I never saw much of him again until these commercials.  

He actually came back recently on L&O...I think he went off the rails and killed someone or something like that though. He was also a recurring character on 30 Rock.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 2:13am
Meant to post this earlier, Dean did a small interview in this weeks TV Guide, March 18-24, on page 32.  It discusses his early L&O: SVU and all his other work but talks about how grateful he is to have gotten the Mr. Mayhem work--coming out of his illness he couldn't get much.  Also, his character went on trial for rape but was found not guilty and they left the door open for him to do more episodes and possibly a relationship with Olivia.  Too bad I don't like hardly anybody left on that show--Richard Belzer and Danny Pino are my favorite.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 3:48am
I dunno, I still hate this series...I keep hoping he'll stop talking after falling down those stairs.

Didn't mind him on Law and Order when I saw him, but these commercials...ugh...
renatae View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renatae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 12:03am
I like the one in which he falls through the roof, but my favorite is the one in which he's driving a pink pickup truck and banging into cars in a parking lot, because "I"m your teenage daughter."     
Stop the Insanity!
renatae View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renatae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 12:05am
And "OMG, Becky's not even hot!"
Stop the Insanity!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 1:14am
This one kinda baffles me.  Did Winters actually do his own stunt (falling backwards down the stairs)?  It sure looks like it.  If not, it's pretty seamless.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 1:17am
Love the way his arm is twisted....subtle..
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 1:35am

Wow.  Didn't even notice that.  Kinda creepy, kinda cool.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 6:14pm
Wink....and heeeeeeee's back with one more....
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2013 at 4:38pm
^^ Some make it to the stadium to tailgate with Mayhem, not quite all of them though LOL

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 12:02am
LOLClapGuess who's baaaaaack!!!
(this may simply be one of the best ever - almost as good as 'shaky shaky shaky')
PLUS - A LATE 'Holiday Bonus'...

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 11:07pm
Big smileHappy New Year! It's 2019 and Mayhem is back! Yay!!!
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 2:37am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

LOLThese are simply priceless! Just have started seeing them...I *think* the 'puppy' one is my favorite. 

I like the Mayhem commercials. The guy is cool and plays the part perfectly and for once comer music I really like. Still can't find the composer and name of music in these commercials. Sort of 1950's film noir.
I approve this message.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

I like the Mayhem commercials. The guy is cool and plays the part perfectly and for once comer music I really like. Still can't find the composer and name of music in these commercials. Sort of 1950's film noir.
WinkYa know, you're sure right about the music at the end - I never had thought about it, but it is indeed fitting. I just did a cursory check on iSpot and they did not list music credits for the ad I picked, which they usually do.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 3:48am
Big smileYay ME! I just found a few more rather new Mayhem pieces...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic