Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TV Land is now Reality Land

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Banquo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TV Land is now Reality Land
    Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 3:08am
I used to love this channel, it came along and fixed all that had gone wrong with Nick at Nite in addition to being 24 hours. I'd get up in the morning and watch Father Knows Best, Donna Reed, The Honeymooners, Mister Ed, etc. It was the best channel on television to me. SmileNot anymore. Well they still have a few old shows on, but even they are hard to watch now because of the huge promos they plaster all over the screen for their stupid reality shows. Even worse are the ads for them at every single commercial break. The Big 4-O! High School Reunion! Watch our great original garbage! I've been to their forums and everyone seems to hate this junk but I guess they don't care what their viewers think. Thank goodness for DVD releases, I'm getting more and more of my favorite shows on them. TV Land can go dive in a flaming volcano and burn for all I care.

Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 3:14am
sad sad sad TV Land is dead to me. 
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 8:04am
This is so WRONG. TV Land was supposed to be reruns of old favorites. First they were running episodes of Extreme Makeover, and now this. I HATE "reality" shows!
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 8:59am
I am so glad you brought this up. I wanted a place to throw a friggin fit over this and now Ihave it. Remember when the same damned thing happened to MTV??? Whatta bunch of sh*t. I think it's because a lot of older folks are retiring from the channel and these new kids that don't like the old Black and white stuff are trying to kill it off. I don't know how long this can go on, because none of the folks I have spoken too about this are going to continue watching it. I'm sick of reality shows. Some of them are ok, but on every damned channel now??? GIMMIE a break. I would though like to see a death match between certain forum hosts!! LOL Especially if I could be on Nathan's team. ROFL!! C'mon Nate! Let's Git that sum bitch!!

AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
Media Blitz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Media Blitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 12:04pm
That's all they're running lately. Ads for these insipid shows. High School Reunion belongs on MTV, from what I've seen.
Verdana is teh suck.
Banquo View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banquo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Media Blitz Media Blitz wrote:

That's all they're running lately. Ads for these insipid shows. High School Reunion belongs on MTV, from what I've seen.

Maybe VH-1 since they're all in their 40s. I don't know who watches this really, it's so fake. A bunch of stereotypes (including a lesbian, how edgy!) who supposedly went to high school together (or in reality a bunch of actors they found to play those parts) living together. Wow, that's original. I thought they could never put on anything worse than Chasing Farrah but I guess they've proven me wrong.
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 6:46pm
Yeah, TV Land sucks these days. No one in my house watches it anymore.
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 9:11pm

actually, it belongs on the retarded channel. i invented it, want to see the lineup?

1. high school reunion
2. my super sweet 16
3. the real world
4. cheaters
5. just jordan
6. scott baio is 47...and an alcoholic who needs to take a little trip with captain morgan to escape the stress-wrought sham of a life he once lived!
7. rock of love
8. i know my kid's a star (and he also has seven different anxiety disorders)
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 9:48pm
TvLand is just one of a long string of tv heartbreak.

Hurk Fun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hurk Fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 10:30pm
NoooOooOoo!!

No more Batman?

Andy Griffith?

I'm definitely NOT paying for cable again without Batman.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by Banquo Banquo wrote:

Maybe VH-1 since they're all in their 40s. I don't know who watches this really, it's so fake. A bunch of stereotypes (including a lesbian, how edgy!) who supposedly went to high school together (or in reality a bunch of actors they found to play those parts) living together. Wow, that's original. I thought they could never put on anything worse than Chasing Farrah but I guess they've proven me wrong.

I agree, it reminds me of the way older shows that got critisized for not having enough black people on them, began to add a "tolken person of color" now they are doing the same thing with gays. I mean absolutely NO disrespect to either blacks or gays, I am just stating a fact. LOL I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea about what I am saying, cause I am truely not trying to be hatfull, or racist in any way. LOL AAMOF my favorite shows on TV Land are Andy Griffith, Sandord & Son, The  Jeffersons, Good Times, All in the Family. I, being a white guy from the deep South, find the shows dominated by blacks to be my favorites. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with color, but everything to do with humor!! They are just funny! Fred's ' You big dummy!' and clutching his heart, him and Esther!!! HILARIOUS!!! George and Weezy, George and Florence!!! OMG falling down funny!!!! Archie's innocent minded stupidity, whether it's racist or political was edgy and funny. I say innocent minded because his stupidity, he learned from his father when he was an innocent child. You can ruin a child like that. I'm not saying he was innocent when he grew up and retained that way of thought, just that he was brought up wrong, and his innocence was tainted by stupidity. That show was somewhat humanizing because they were bold enough to drag the biases many were feeling out of the closet and into the light of day. It made folks who would normally ignore the stereotypical feelings examine themselves if even microscopically. 

With that said, I just don't get why someones sexuallity, color  or anything else makes them an addition to a ticket. Why say, "All these peole and a lesbian!!" WTF??? So she's gay. What does that have to do with the show? Human beings are human beings, IMHO!!!! I don't want to be on some show and be labeled the 'heterosexual white guy' even though that exactly what I am!! LOL So why do they have to call someone a lesbian to add excitment about a show?? I don't get it. Unless it's just to try to reach out to the gay community to gain their veiwership.

Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 10:40pm

Originally posted by kat kat wrote:

6. scott baio is 47...and an alcoholic who needs to take a little trip with captain morgan to escape the stress-wrought sham of a life he once lived!

8. i know my kid's a star (and he also has seven different anxiety disorders)
LOLLOLLOLLOL
meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 11:31pm
I hardly ever watch TV Land anymore either, because of the crap they show now.  I agree that these are the type of shows that belong on MTV or VH1...but I remember when those channels were new, they just showed music videos.  Thank goodness for DVD's.  Like Wild said I love All in the Family also...that show is a classic and is like 35 old now.  I never get tired of it because the cast was great and like Archie, George was just as much of a racist but no one in their families were, which balanced it out and the politics.....many people thought just the same way as Archie and George did then and now, and when either of them said something stupid it was too funny.  I doubt that any shows could get away with that now.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 1:09am
Join up or just lurk about here...

You'd be amazed at why these shows are on TV Land.
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 4:47am
^^ I just went to their site AND TOLD THEM OFF!LOL
LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 7:59am
Regulus, you're here!  Me so happy.

Big%20smile
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 8:00am
The Big 4-0 Seriously does anyone outside of sh*tty novelty salesman even give a crap about being 40 anymore. Contrary to what these jackballs on TV land would have you believe most adults I knew as a kid did not run around emoing and having existential meltdowns because they just turned 40. Yes Peter Pan,you get old. Deal with it. 
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 8:23am
LOL Oh now Kat............I like Cheaters!! One of the funniest, 'You just got your dumb ass busted!!' shows out there. Also makes people think, 'I wonder where that sumbitch is???"
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Wild Starchild Wild Starchild wrote:

LOL Oh now Kat............I like Cheaters!! One of the funniest, 'You just got your dumb ass busted!!' shows out there. Also makes people think, 'I wonder where that sumbitch is???"
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I guess it can be pretty good in a "I watch it to laugh AT it" way, but in a lot of cases, the wronged lover who called the show in in the first place is only slightly higher up on the intelligence scale than the dumbass they're associated with, and managed to figure out they were cheating.

My favorite part was when this lady confronts the "other woman" her dood's been cheating with and is like, "You were sleeping together for two months!"(or something along those lines) and the other woman is like "No, we never slept together!" and she goes, "So you say." And the other woman says, "So I know. It is MY VAGINA, and I *think* I know what goes in and out of it!"

LOL
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2008 at 12:43am
Originally posted by regulus regulus wrote:

^^ I just went to their site AND TOLD THEM OFF!LOL

I doubt it'll make a difference, did you notice how many threads there are complaining about reality shows.

Hey, supposedly TV Land will bring "Friends" back.DeadDeadDeadDead
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2008 at 2:38am
^^ I Know that, but at the very least I GOT IT OFF MY CHEST!Unhappy
70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 5:44pm
Another thing I can't stand is the fact that TVLand now shows movies that are also shown on five other channels (completely butchered for TV of course).
70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Join up or just lurk about here...

You'd be amazed at why these shows are on TV Land.

I'm not. It's all the $ame rea$on$ a whole lot of network$' programming is turning tra$hy.
BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2008 at 8:09am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Hey, supposedly TV Land will bring "Friends" back.DeadDeadDeadDead
Great! Because that show is NEVER rerun ANYWHERE! They should add 'Everybody Loves Raymond', 'Seinfeld' and 'Frasier', too.Confused
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2008 at 6:33pm
I just about quit posting there. The format is so complicated. There could be 10-12 threads going about "bring back classic shows" or "High school reunion sucks" and from what I'm
seeing on TV Land, it's all falling on deaf ears.
Pity, there are tons of old shows they could show if they wanted to attract viewers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic