Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The "SunSetter" Awning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fender7083 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The "SunSetter" Awning
    Posted: 14 May 2010 at 4:39am
This commercial is really irritating. It has been on tv for around 10 years and the commercial hasn't changed. The couple looked like they just crawled out from the 90's and start wining about how their porch was "too hot" without the sunsetter. Then the couple pull out a fancy "special discount" coupon. I don't know if it is just me, but I wouldn't buy that piece of crap just because the company doesn't care enough to make a new commercial every now and then.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 1:37pm
Too bad the commercial isn't retractable.  Sunsetter Yawnings.  This couple has got to be the most boring, white-bread couple in any commercial.  I wouldn't hang out with them under that retractable awning if it was the last retractable awning on earth.

Here they are.  I'm imagining their names to be Bob and Carol Johnson:

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 5:47pm
They look more like a Mike and Linda.

And you so would hang out with them.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 5:49pm
Brilliant product dumb commercial.Thumbs%20Down
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 8:07pm
"Darren" reminds me of Ritter from Three's Company. I agree, that ad has been around since the invention of those stylish 3/4 length pants and the pink jacket missus is wearing.
Hardly looks like summer time. I'd be batting flies away from that open jug of lemonade.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

They look more like a Mike and Linda.

And you so would hang out with them.

Oh Christ.  You're right.  LOL  I know a Mike and Linda who are just like them.  But I don't hang out with them.  My friends tend to be ex-hippies, Bohemian types, whoever's around, and maybe a redneck or two.  Tonight, I'm going to some Iranians' house.  I'm hoping to come home with my head still attached.

bunnyhead View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Bannned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunnyhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 4:40am
This commercial sux...every time I see it I laugh at the woman's feathered "Mom" hair.  What a dorky couple!! 
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 2:14pm
they look like they were carved from cream cheese, with a very large board up their butts!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 3:07pm
I don't know what they have it for---drinking, scarification, kinky water sports under their Sunsetter awning maybe---and it's not for me to judge...but I think that's a pitcher of urine on their patio table.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I don't know what they have it for---drinking, scarification, kinky water sports under their Sunsetter awning maybe---and it's not for me to judge...but I think that's a pitcher of urine on their patio table.
Confused...uh...yeaaa...but was it with, or without ice cubes?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 7:47pm
No ice cubes needed.  The Sunsetter Retractable Awning keeps it cool.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 7:56pm
I'm thinkin' that awning looks good enough to wrap bodies in...
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 10:20pm
That could be fun.  Roll 'em up in there in November, and then, in the middle of the big Memorial Day party, when friends and family are gathered in the backyard, and everyone's wondering where little Madison and Conner have been...

MrButler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Formerly Angry Lil Fat Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrButler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 11:22pm
lol why fix what ain't broken? lol
dizrythmia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizrythmia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 11:53am
what about the badly overdub of the price of the awning? i guess they have to raise the price of those things at least once every 20 years, but they could have at least attempted to make the words match his mouth.
Mommacita View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mommacita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 9:36pm
There's a new version!  I just saw it the other day, and sadly, it is just as bad.  Unfortunately, I can not find it on youtube.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 10:40pm
Sunsetter Awning: 'sweat-in-the-shade' 

jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 11:18pm
They're secret swingers....Wink
bjohnson377 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjohnson377 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 2:23am
I hate this commercial, was subjected to it all winter, had 3ft of snow on the ground, and these friggin idiots are running a awning commercial.
Hate them all
LilRebelChick View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by fender7083 fender7083 wrote:

This commercial is really irritating. It has been on tv for around 10 years and the commercial hasn't changed. The couple looked like they just crawled out from the 90's and start wining about how their porch was "too hot" without the sunsetter. Then the couple pull out a fancy "special discount" coupon. I don't know if it is just me, but I wouldn't buy that piece of crap just because the company doesn't care enough to make a new commercial every now and then.

I know. It's June and Ward Cleaver, I swear. Yuppie city! They do have a new animated one now even more irritating!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Mommacita Mommacita wrote:

There's a new version!  I just saw it the other day, and sadly, it is just as bad.  Unfortunately, I can not find it on youtube.
No, it's even worse than the original one.  Idiots. Bought this big ole house in the middle of a cow pasture with no shade and grumble about having to stay inside. Idiots.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 4:11pm
Confused...I'm betting someone already mentioned THIS new version!
I've seen it ONCE - and THAT was all it took to remind me of why we keep trekking further NORTH.

"...that's not cool, Mr. Sun!...

clamshell View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clamshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2010 at 6:32pm
She looks very similar to Stewie, or like she swallowed a football.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2010 at 12:10am
These new one are just awful they went from dated 90's to a whole new turd of crap.

I want to punch Mr. Sun he's mind shatteringly annoying.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
LilRebelChick View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2010 at 12:29am
Originally posted by clamshell clamshell wrote:

She looks very similar to Stewie, or like she swallowed a football.

Lol, you're right, she does! I don't watch Family Guy myself cause I can't take that little football headed Stewie. It just bugs me for some reason. Lois' voice bugs me too.Sleepy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic