Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denny's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Denny's
    Posted: 24 Apr 2010 at 1:24am
So who is that fast talking, aggressive sounding a$$hole on their latest commercial.
I can't stand people like him, so if he is the sort that eats at Denny's, you'll never find me there!

This ad is for their $2-$4-$6-$8 value meals (complete with patriotic music played behind him)

I fuc#ing hate this ad!!
One man gathers what another man spills
Sponsored Links

Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2010 at 2:42am
I wanted to make a topic about this, as that guy is really DOUCHY.
And what the hell is so patriotic about fatty artery clogging breakfast?
Might I add,I want to have bacon and pancakes for breakfast (lunch) tomorrow, if I can figure out how to MAKE pancakes that are not gross and doughy. Urg ><It's BREAKFAST, though! Dang! Not a political statement.If I choose to eat Japanese breakfast (rice, miso soup, some fish, sans the raw egg. Raw eggs are gross) it does not make me less American!
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
bunnyhead View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Bannned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunnyhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2010 at 9:12pm
I was gonna start a tread about this one too.  First of all, he says that he went to a $ store and bought a pencil for $2.  Obviously, he is going to the wrong dollar store if he is paying $2 for things.
Second, he is trying to sound like Dan Akroyd for some reason.  Just the way he talks all fast and the way delivers is stupid lines.

I hate this commercial!!  There is only 1 Denny's by me and I worked there for a week.  the place was so filthy that I quit.  Therefore, this commercial can't make me want to go to Denny's even if I loved it.
msubulldog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msubulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 3:53am
If he's really concerned about the cost of things nowadays, why does he have a $2 choice, a $4 choice, a $6 choice, an $8 choice, a cup of coffee, and a soft drink on his table? If he consumes all that, he is probably going to spend at least $30 including tip and tax.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by msubulldog msubulldog wrote:

If he's really concerned about the cost of things nowadays, why does he have a $2 choice, a $4 choice, a $6 choice, an $8 choice, a cup of coffee, and a soft drink on his table? If he consumes all that, he is probably going to spend at least $30 including tip and tax.

My guess is he'll be spending tens of thousands on the coronary bypass.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 3:56pm
All of the Denny's ads piss me off, but this one is especially irritating. A pencil for two dollars? WTF are you talking about? Ermm
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Yutolia Yutolia wrote:

All of the Denny's ads piss me off, but this one is especially irritating. A pencil for two dollars? WTF are you talking about? Ermm
Where the hell is he buying one pencil for 2 dollars? Outside of a souvenir stand or a giftshop I have yet to see individual pencils for sale. Anywhere that usually sells pencils sells them in packs.

And if the economy is so bad maybe I won't eat at your overpriced restaurant. I'm sorry but a dollar isn't going as far as it used to and well sacrifices must be made. Well actually it's not much of a sacrifice since I hate eating at Denny's but you get my drift.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 5:06pm
That stuff they show in the commercial looks gross, especially whatever that gray sauce thing they pour over the biscuits. I don't care how much it is, you'll never catch me eating that crap.
Dreamstalker View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreamstalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by bunnyhead bunnyhead wrote:

Second, he is trying to sound like Dan Akroyd for some reason.  Just the way he talks all fast and the way delivers is stupid lines.

Never noticed that before, but now that one of those ads just infested my TV again, you're right.  I'm an Aykroyd fan, but that guy just...fail is the only word I can come up with.

WTF is up with Denny's trying to be all patriotic?  Worse than the "America's cheese" ads.  I'd take a local "greasy-spoon" diner over Denny's crap any day, at least the former has personality going for it.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 8:27pm
This commercial is kinda lame.
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
onegroovydude View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 8:41pm
The guy's a complete tool. I imagine the commercial is supposed to market senior citizens, since they're about the only ones up that early, and actually eat breakfast at Denny's. How the hell are their hearing aids supposed to pick up a 200 mile an hour talking z rated no talent actor, babbling about Chino's, and why would they give a sh*t? I wish one of those fake explosions would turn out to be a real stick of dynamite, and scatter his head across the entire set. I would pay $2, $4, $6, and $8 for that. Big%20smile 
They're taking our nags Ace. Ya. And making damm good targets of themselves. Let em have it.

Everybody loves you when you hate what they hate, but nobody loves you when you hate what they love.
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 8:43am
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

That stuff they show in the commercial looks gross, especially whatever that gray sauce thing they pour over the biscuits. I don't care how much it is, you'll never catch me eating that crap.
I agree country gravy looks too much like duck poop.Dead
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic