Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oreo Cakester and Daddy...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mttyflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oreo Cakester and Daddy...
    Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 6:30am

Regardless of what you think of the Oreo cakester, the new commercial is an exercise in douche bagginess. Father and kid working on doing homework, kid dunks cakester Daddy douche bag tells kid he can only dunk Oreo cookies... blah blah blah. Dad doesn't like it; kid sings a tune Daddy douche bag puts fingers in ears and sings a Lal lal lal song so he can't hear kid’s song. What a Douche__BAG! This commercial needs to die of old age soon.Unhappy

We've stopped Chris Berman's douche-y whoop, we've stopped the Velvetta "LIQUID GOOOOOOOOLD" a$$hole, now we have to stop the Beady-eyed nasal voiced Paxson chic!
Sponsored Links

MrButler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Formerly Angry Lil Fat Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrButler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 11:24am
The kid was singing a rendition of an old Oreo jingle but replaced Cakester with Oreo Cookie. Indeed the dad is a moron.
aspie1966 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aspie1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 1:55pm
seen this ad many times. At the very end of the ad, the narrator's like "dunk or don't dunk. Take your side as facebook.com" Seriously, people are choosing sides over something so asinine as whether or not to dunk and oreo cakester?Censored that.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 6:42pm
I'm just tired of the "go run to facebook and vote" promotions companies are coming up with. They are LAME. Seriously just because you get facebook fans or people voting doesn't mean you successfully mastered the art of social media marketing! HUR DUR lets make them come vote for something as stupid as DUNKING CHOCOLATE CAKE in milk! God I hate anyone over 35 in the marketing profession.
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 7:17pm
Next thing you know, this Douche Daddy will tell his kid that he can't dunk his donuts in milk, you can only do it in coffee; you can't double tie your laces, single tying is enough; you can only eat popcorn while watching movies, eating candy and/or other snack foods aren't allowed.

Seriously, why is this even an issue? People drink milk while eating cake as well as with cookies. What, is he going to ground his son for defying him by dunking his Oreo Cakesters in milk?
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 8:28pm
I tried Oreo Cakesters. As far as I'm concerned, you can dunk them in Dom Perignon and that wouldn't improve the taste. The chocolate was very "fake" tasting. Bummed me out because in my mind I had them pegged for something quite different.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

I tried Oreo Cakesters. As far as I'm concerned, you can dunk them in Dom Perignon and that wouldn't improve the taste. The chocolate was very "fake" tasting. Bummed me out because in my mind I had them pegged for something quite different.

Same here. WAY too sweet for me.
jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 1:19am
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

[QUOTE=Madawee]I tried Oreo Cakesters. As far as I'm concerned, you can dunk them in Dom Perignon and that wouldn't improve the taste. The chocolate was very "fake" tasting. Bummed me out because in my mind I had them pegged for something quite different.

I sooooo agree! They dont' make "good" cookies or cereal anymore...they took something out..it all tastes like freaking cardboard!
When they had the "throw back" pepsi, I bought a case and OH BOY!!!!! The memories came flooding back REAL SUGAR!!!Smile

Back on topic...I HATE that commercial too..another dumb daddy smart kid spot that got old real fast!
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 3:56am
It is a ridiculous commercial. Surely that father has better things to do then to lecture his son about his eating habits.

Choco Bliss comes to mind. Does anyone remember that? Man, I miss that stuff. I'd dip it in milk and eat those soggy sweet chocolaty cakes.

Newman Os pwn oreos anyway.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 4:50pm
2 things wrong here: I hate that every popular type of food (especially sweets) has to come out with a zillion versions of one product--these cakesters are awful, give me plain old oreos.  The other thing that is terrible about this commercial is this childish bickering that the man gets into with the boy.  The boy has more maturity than the dad.  This is the same crap that shows up in the cascade commercial where the father is making his son "race" him to see if he can fill the dishwasher than he can--just saw this last night, again.  Is this the new trend; fathers acting like spoiled brats?
Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 7:00pm
What I can't stand is the manufactured cuteness of these silly arguments. People think it's funny to argue over sh!t like when you can "punch dub" Dead or how to eat an Oreo cookie, stuff like that. It's NOT CUTE. Arrrgghh!!!!

In any case, like the "punch dub" concept, this is just a way of taking an old idea (how to eat an Oreo) and apply it to a new version of the old product/habit. Parents think it's effin' CUTE to tell their kids how THEIR generation did things, oh look we get to put a new twist on it!! Pinch 

Would rather tell my imaginary kids, "Back in the day, we'd gently punch somebody when we saw a BUG. They hardly exist anymore so it's not much of a game now, but we can still play." Game still exists, punching reduced, everything's normal. Or, "This is how I like to eat my Newmans Os, how about you? We're not buying those awful Cakesters because I love you too much to feed you crap."
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 8:14pm
Indeed. Newman Os for the win. I always like to take them, put them in the oven and warm them up until the cream gets all gooey and warm.
LOVE.
Without hurting me,
mttyflynn View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mttyflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 10:21pm
We have a Dumb Guy/Daddy page.

on this forum.

We've stopped Chris Berman's douche-y whoop, we've stopped the Velvetta "LIQUID GOOOOOOOOLD" a$$hole, now we have to stop the Beady-eyed nasal voiced Paxson chic!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 11:20pm
Half the commercials out there fit that category.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 11:35pm
Finally saw this silly commercial.
"Whaz up dawg?!"
I'd spit in Dad's milk when he wasn't looking.
Let him dunk.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2010 at 1:16am
ARGH! What is up with these douchy dads? I just saw this stupid Cascade ad. GRAH! If I must have a husband he had better not be like these guys. Or I will put crawfish down his pants.
And he won't like that either.
Without hurting me,
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2010 at 7:26pm

Compare it to a devil dog.  I expect them to be similar to a devil dog.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

They changed the taste of Devil Dogs, too. Very disappointing. I bought an entire box and ended up giving away 7 of the 8. (or 9 out of 10 - whatever). I dare not even try a Funny Bone.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 2:16pm
Sad to hear that.  I used to buy a box of Devil Dogs whenever I'd visit the east coast.

For Christmas this year, my bro and sis-in-law sent me a case of Tastykakes.  It included Tandy Takes, Chocolate Juniors, Chocolate Cupcakes, and Butterscotch Krimpets.  Thumbs%20Up  I was only disappointed that there were no Coconut Juniors.

jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 7:00pm

They changed the taste of Devil Dogs, too. Very disappointing. I bought an entire box and ended up giving away 7 of the 8. (or 9 out of 10 - whatever). I dare not even try a Funny Bone.
Awww..Madawee..I use to LOVE Funny bones!!!! Why do they ruin our childhood favorites?
I tried a honey bun a few weeks ago...not the same!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by jenjen jenjen wrote:

Awww..Madawee..I use to LOVE Funny bones!!!! Why do they ruin our childhood favorites?
I tried a honey bun a few weeks ago...not the same!
After I aborted that box of Devil Dogs, I didn't have the willpower to try the Funny Bones. Someone said when Drakes got rid of all the trans fats, out went the tastes of yesteryear. Thank God there are some things to fall backon - like Mallomars!

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 11:35pm
LOL....I just remembered this very discussion seriously digressing on another board - I MUST quote an Oreo 'recipe'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher
My latest fermentation experimentation is 5 packages of Oreo Cookies. I figured I'd make it a stout. Here are the ingredients in order of addition.

0.5 lb Crystal Malt
0.5 lb British Chocolate Malt
0.5 lb Roast Barley
1.0 lb Flaked Oats
4 packages Oreo Cookies Cream removed
3.0 lb Dry Dark Malt
2.0 oz Northern Hops
5 packages Oreo Cookie Cream
London Yeast (the kind you pitch in the package)

You think it'll work?
Are you in prison by any chance? Because otherwise...... why o why o why?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
mttyflynn View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mttyflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 5:15am

Hey you with the Devil Dogs make sure to make a fuss with them let them know, these assholes think we are stupid until we pitch a bitch and stop buying the "improved" or secretly changed crap they will think they are getting away with it. You see these companies can survive on a lower profits when they keep the ingredients the same even if ingredients go up, they change to MAINTAIN the current cash flow, quality drops and people notice and we buy less and they get less $ anyway(OH, when will they learn?) Remember the "New" Coke scandal 1983? I had a list of stuff that changed Including the original Oreo's they were like sh*t for like 20 years; Same thing with Doritos and Frito Lay potato chips.

jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by mttyflynn mttyflynn wrote:

Hey you with the Devil Dogs make sure to make a fuss with them let them know, these assholes think we are stupid until we pitch a bitch and stop buying the "improved" or secretly changed crap they will think they are getting away with it. You see these companies can survive on a lower profits when they keep the ingredients the same even if ingredients go up, they change to MAINTAIN the current cash flow, quality drops and people notice and we buy less and they get less $ anyway(OH, when will they learn?) Remember the "New" Coke scandal 1983? I had a list of stuff that changed Including the original Oreo's they were like sh*t for like 20 years; Same thing with Doritos and Frito Lay potato chips.

mmtyflynn..AMEN!!
Dont' forget cereal too!!! It doesn't taste the same anymore..it all tastes like CARDBOARD!
I need to make a t shirt that says "I LOVE TRANSFAT"!!!
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by jenjen jenjen wrote:

I need to make a t shirt that says "I LOVE TRANSFAT"!!!

Make sure it only comes in XL and XXL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic