Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sunny D!!! Ugggh!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sunny D!!! Ugggh!
    Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 12:46am
Thumbs%20Down Is it just me or is anyone else sick n tired of hearing Martina McBride sing "Shine On" over and over and over again???? 3 whole lyrics to that stupid ass song, shine on and whoa! I want to stick pencils in my ears and brush my gums with a barbecue brush and alcohol every time I see it!!!AngryAngryAngry sorry, but I can't for the life of me remember how to post a damned video.

Sponsored Links

MrButler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Formerly Angry Lil Fat Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrButler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 12:58am
I'm sick of it
LilRebelChick View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 1:14am
Originally posted by MrButler MrButler wrote:

I'm sick of it

I always liked her before this commercial. Now I hear her voice and want to hurl, lolDead
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 3:02am
I've never even seen the commercial where I live.  Thanks for the heads-up.

Dr. John Dorian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. John Dorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 4:06am
What a waste of a great voice! What a stupid idea.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 5:44am
Originally posted by Dr. John Dorian Dr. John Dorian wrote:

What a waste of a great voice! What a stupid idea.

I know. I was rather disappointed she made this particular commercial.
Mommacita View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mommacita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 2:08pm
I hate that one!  Do these people not have a brain?  I wish those advertising execs would come here and read the message boards.  Or just use a little common sense.  
jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 3:20pm
It's not even REAL juice!!! It's kiddy crack!!!
Yeah I HATE that one too!!!
Coastwizard View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coastwizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 6:40pm
Doesn't she know how bad that crap is for kids? She just lost a whole bunch of my respect. These celebs should really investigate the products they agree to be spokespersons for! Reminds me of "Hi-C". They always advetised "made with 10% fruit juice". Never bothered to mention "...and 90% sugar and chemical water!" Sunny D should stand for "Sunny Detrimental"!
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 6:48pm
I hate Sunny D! I haven't seen this commercial, thankfully, but that stuff is so gross!
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Mommacita Mommacita wrote:

I hate that one!  Do these people not have a brain?  I wish those advertising execs would come here and read the message boards.  Or just use a little common sense.  

I have actually sent emails to some advertisers to tell them to check out this site and maybe they wouldn't make such stupid commercials anymore, lol.
TheDude22 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDude22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Have not seen this commercial in the Bay Area. Seems that the East Coast gets the worst commercials.
Me hate Grammar Nazis.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by TheDude22 TheDude22 wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Have not seen this commercial in the Bay Area. Seems that the East Coast gets the worst commercials.

consider it a favor from God, lol!Wink
Mommacita View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mommacita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 1:23am
Rebel Chick- YOU ROCK!  
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 1:31am

Rebel Chick- YOU ROCK!  

Thanks mommacita! Hugs! TongueTongueTongue
erod550 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erod550 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 7:39am
I hate her stupid dancing too. We have several TVs where I work (DIRECTV) but I usually keep the sound off and this commercial plays all the time and without sound it's just as annoying. I hate seeing her stupid singing face and her stupid hand gestures. I just now heard it with audio and yea this commercial just sucks all around.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 9:48pm
It's a staple on the weather channel here....... even the plug for her new albumErmm. The only reason I don't change the channel is I might miss The Local On The 8's.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by erod550 erod550 wrote:

I hate her stupid dancing too. We have several TVs where I work (DIRECTV) but I usually keep the sound off and this commercial plays all the time and without sound it's just as annoying. I hate seeing her stupid singing face and her stupid hand gestures. I just now heard it with audio and yea this commercial just sucks all around.

Makes you wanna pull an Elvis and shoot the damned TV's doesn't it?Angry
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

It's a staple on the weather channel here....... even the plug for her new albumErmm. The only reason I don't change the channel is I might miss The Local On The 8's.

I mute it and look away, lol.
Mommacita View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mommacita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 12:47am
It wouldn't be nearly as bad if she would sing more than two words.  I am showing my age here, but it kinda reminds me of when I used to listen to records and there would be a scratch and the records would repeat itself.  
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 1:02am

It wouldn't be nearly as bad if she would sing more than two words.  I am showing my age here, but it kinda reminds me of when I used to listen to records and there would be a scratch and the records would repeat itself.  

I think that's what annoys me the most is the limited lyrics. I hope that's not a single she cut! Wow, Martina McBride, singer of the Sunny D song! LOL
cheesygirl View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheesygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 9:52pm
What bugs me is how she sings "shhhhhhhhhhhhhhine on, shhhhhhhhhhhhhine on".  Gah!

Unfamiliar (to me) songs that are used in commercials only make me think of the product whenever I hear it afterward.  There was one song used in a shampoo commercial and whenever i hear it on the radio or in a store I just think "shampoo song"!
atlantis4569 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlantis4569 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 3:49am
Lol! I just did a google search of "I hate that commercial with Martina McBride!!!" And this popped up!  I swear I just want to smash my TV whenever it comes on!  Freaking Sunny D is NASTY anyway!!!!  And if I never heard stupid Martina McBride's voice again, it would be TOO SOON!!!  She can't even sing as far as I'm concerned.  You can hear it when she strains her voice to sing that stupid high note.  Dang it, this is one commercial that needs to be banned but instead they play it every freaking time they get a chance on the ID channel!!!!!!!!  What are these people thinking?  Trying to sell Sunny D???  Try a different approach because now I just want to hurl whenever I see it in the grocery store!!
dizrythmia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizrythmia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 4:54pm
ugh, i hate this commercial! she comes off as a bit desperate in the commercial, i guess the hits have dried up.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by atlantis4569 atlantis4569 wrote:

Lol! I just did a google search of "I hate that commercial with Martina McBride!!!" And this popped up!  I swear I just want to smash my TV whenever it comes on!  Freaking Sunny D is NASTY anyway!!!!  And if I never heard stupid Martina McBride's voice again, it would be TOO SOON!!!  She can't even sing as far as I'm concerned.  You can hear it when she strains her voice to sing that stupid high note.  Dang it, this is one commercial that needs to be banned but instead they play it every freaking time they get a chance on the ID channel!!!!!!!!  What are these people thinking?  Trying to sell Sunny D???  Try a different approach because now I just want to hurl whenever I see it in the grocery store!!

Same here, lol. I wonder who wrote the song. Must have taken all of 5 minutes to come up with that. Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic