Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The end of days?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The end of days?
    Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 4:19pm
All of these earthquakes, fires, tsunamis, hurricanes, severe storms and natural disasters seem to be happening a lot more lately.

Think God is trying to tell us something?
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 4:51pm
We'd have to know the rate of occurrence of such events throughout history to be able to gauge if these things are happening a lot more lately.  It could be that we're simply more aware of them, with the 24/7 news cycle and the internet.  It used to be that a disaster in another country would get an article or two in a newspaper, which people may or may not read.  Now, we get full coverage, including the personal dramas of people affected by the disaster.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 4:53pm
Wondering the same thing.

Figured the message was some sort of real estate hint like, "Buy Inland, Buy North".

Actually, what is interesting (to me) is the current 'pattern', on either side of the Pacific.

Here's a few fun little sites to follow (with some history!):

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 5:09pm
I hope human civilization comes to an end....

the day after I die of old age.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 5:25pm
Dunno, ol'Mule.
Looks like the Ruskies have it all figured out...and, if the advertisements haven't changed, 'Snookie' may wanna give you her opinion.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 7:41pm
Snookie from Jersey Shore, Pa??  Here's what she has to say about the end of days:

"I think my crotch is sticking out."
Snookie, Episode 8

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 10:47pm
Mother Nature is going through rough times, Father Time should handle it........ but good.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Snookie from Jersey Shore, Pa?? 

Naw...'Pravda' must be sensitive to our comments - the ad has changed (well, yea, o.k. - they all do, all the time).
They had their own 'Snookie' ad on the page: 'Snookie says 'No Bumpkin'', or something like that. She was cute, but clearly 'potato-fed'.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 12:58am
Actually, Thor mentioned the media coverage, much earlier.

All too true.

"The More You Know"...may very well apply.
In the past, you just didn't hear about so much that did occur.

Science was also not as advanced.

CNN has a nice little article...

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 7:16pm

WORLD TO END AT TEN!

Film at 11:00!LOL
Poiuyt Power!!!
FootballFreak View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FootballFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 4:35pm
I live in san diego and I felt that 7.2 earthquake and it was pretty scary and awesome at the same time. I've lived here my whole life and have never felt an earthquake that big and long. It lasted about 40 seconds. I seriously thought my house was going to fall down.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 9:15pm
Now that I'm not living in San Francisco, I kinda miss the quakes.  I always enjoyed them.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 10:52pm
Forget the BIG events.  It's the little ones which attack all at once that get you.  Like the water heater leaking, then a bathroom faucet goes out, the dryer starting to squeal, something else that broke but you don't know about it yet....
TheDude22 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDude22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 7:22am
Well, most of the earthquakes that have happened usually are minor. But some (such as the Haiti, Chile and Turkey quakes and possibly the Mexico-US earthquake) are major.
Me hate Grammar Nazis.
PitLoad413 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PitLoad413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 5:34am
Yeah!  He's saying that this is what happens in a normal life cycle of a planet and why you shouldn't overpopulate the Earth and drain its resources.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 5:54am
Well, if human/animal life on earth suddenly ended due to some natural or man-made disaster, just imagine all the fossil fuel that'll be available in a few million years.  My Exxon stocks will soar!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 6:15am

My Exxon stocks will soar!

They'll decompose is more like it.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 2:13pm
Just be glad you're not in Europe right now. The Volcano that's erupting in Iceland has created a MAJOR F.U.B.A.R. with Travelers having to cope with Cancelled Flights, Hotel Room Shortages, Trains and Rental Cars sold out, etc.Confused
Poiuyt Power!!!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 9:21pm

Now that I'm not living in San Francisco, I kinda miss the quakes.  I always enjoyed them.

ConfusedWas is kinda like living in 'North Disneyland'? Always able to go on rides for free and never having to wait in line? "WhoooHooo!!!"
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

ConfusedWas is kinda like living in 'North Disneyland'? Always able to go on rides for free and never having to wait in line? "WhoooHooo!!!"

Yup.  In fact, I was always a little pissed whenever I'd sleep through one, and would find out the next morning on the news.  I would get a little concerned, though, when the ride started to last more than a few seconds.

But they're really not that great a ride.  Spinning teacups are actually better.  What makes them exciting is not knowing whether you're going to be alive when it's all over.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 8:45pm
I was "kind of" hyped back when everyone thought when the clock turned 12:01 on 2000, the end of days was here and all the computers would go beserk.
Slept through it and had to go to work as usual.Wink
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 11:36pm
Quote Just be glad you're not in Europe right now. The Volcano that's erupting in Iceland has created a MAJOR F.U.B.A.R. with Travelers having to cope with Cancelled Flights, Hotel Room Shortages, Trains and Rental Cars sold out, etc.Confused

Just another Bond villain being snuffed out in his secret Icelandic lair before he could take over the world.  Move along folks, nothing to see here.... Wink
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 11:40pm
The 'general public' is once again in the air.
But the RAF (GB Air Force) has grounded their flights, after finding ash in their engines.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic