Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ion SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ion SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 2:09am
First it comes in ast a poor quailty signal NOW it comes in with no freaking sound!!!!!Angry

cheap bastards!!!!
Sponsored Links

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 8:06am
Isn't ION one of those Christian stations? I know they have some old, inoffensive sitcoms sometimes, but a lot of the time it's paid programming (The Knife Show, anyone? Yikes!)
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 12:07pm
I could be wrong, but I think that's where I recently found some Davy and Goliath.

I'll research and get back.

[edit]

Nope.  It's TCT.  Davy and Goliath is also shown on TBN, according to my DirecTV guide.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Banquo View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banquo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 5:14pm
Yeah it used to be called PAX if anyone remembers that station, they showed almost nothing but religious type shows like Touched by an Angel. They switched over to ION and I think (or thought) they dropped all the religious shows. They have shows like MASH, Drew Carey, Alice, Mama's Family, etc. now.

I haven't paid much attention to it lately but I believe mine is working fine (no sound or picture problems). Might be your local provider having an issue.
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 3:13pm
I remember when they were PAX TV. At first they had a number of Family-Friendly Shows including Chicken Soup for the Soul, Doc, Sue Thomas F.B.Eye, and It's a Miracle. Thumbs%20Up It was a breath of fresh air compared to the other Channels. Unfortunately the channel got sold to a Corperation, and the Innovative shows went off one-by-one. Cheesy Game ShowsDead began replacing the Origional Shows, and although they began showing reruns of shows like Early Edition & Touched by an Angel. the damage was done. Since you know what I've already done I will not dwell on it any further. Geek
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 3:38am
When I first heard about it I thought "Ooooh, 'ION'... that sounds interesting. Maybe there'll be some good stuff there...."

Nope. Boring, sucky shows.

Check & see if you have an RTN (Retro Television Network) station in your area. If you don't now, you may soon.

Great shows. Classic old commercials ("Retro-mercials") too.

Their daytime line up is mostly detective type shows.

There's Cannon, The Fugitive, Streets Of S.F., & Kojak, baby!!!

Then around five it's a couple of old sitcoms...Hogan's Heroes etc.

But then at 8 pm it's the best detective show of all time.... The Rockford Files. Thumbs%20Up

Then comes Hawaii Five-0, Magnum P.I., then Mission: Impossible.

Some of the other shows on the weekends are things like The A-Team, Knight Rider, etc.

Some good westerns too, like Rawhide, Gunsmoke & The Wild, Wild West.

Pretty good for broadcast TV.

You need a digital receiver to get it, though.

FootballFreak View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FootballFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2008 at 4:54pm
I remember PAX. "Your on Candid Camera!"
Ryan Ferneau View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Ferneau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2008 at 3:01am
I heard they used to have one of the old Super Mario cartoons.
8 Track Single View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8 Track Single Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 2:08am
NBC Universal, which is part-owner of ION with Paxson Communications, decided to bastardize the former PAX Network by showing reruns of sitcoms nobody cares about anymore (i.e. Alice, Drew Carey Show, Mama's Family) and dropped all the aforementioned original programming such as Doc and It's A Miracle.  I guess PAX must have sunk below MyNet in the TV ratings, but even so, it's inexcusable for what NBC Universal and Paxson have done to what was a brilliant idea for a new original network.  How cheap can you get? 
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 8:22am
They used to play Supermarket Sweep and another show behind it that was set up like a mall.  I can't remember the name though.

God I loved those shows! 
J.R. View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 8:41am
Originally posted by verminstew verminstew wrote:

They used to play Supermarket Sweep and another show behind it that was set up like a mall.  I can't remember the name though.

"Shop 'Til You Drop"
Ryan Ferneau View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Ferneau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 4:45am
I remember back then, the commercials were always going on about how "wholesome" Pax was.  And I was like, "But you play a show that has 'Murder' in the name!"  Although I guess since it had Dick Van Dyke nobody cared.
JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2008 at 8:09am
Originally posted by 8 Track Single 8 Track Single wrote:

NBC Universal, which is part-owner of ION with Paxson Communications, decided to bastardize the former PAX Network by showing reruns of sitcoms nobody cares about anymore (i.e. Alice, Drew Carey Show, Mama's Family)

My family and myself likes MaMa's Family.  I wish that they had shows like that on now-a-days.  Instead of all this reality crap
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic