Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stanley Steemer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stanley Steemer
    Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 9:23pm
“Kids, teens, pets, and husbands. Ever wonder how you can keep YOUR home clean?” Because we all know men are incapable of operating something as simple as a blender!

Sponsored Links

aspie1966 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aspie1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 12:14am
Seen this ad quite a few times, blue. You're right....why are the husbands portrayed as being too stupid to operate a blender, and the teens too stupid to care about the giant mess they're making. And not every teen is like that.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 12:45am
LOLThey will have to work HARD to beat their own 'classic'!

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 7:06pm
I can't find this particular ad on YT but there is one Stanley Steemer ad that features this   woman who is soooo damn SMUG they way she says "WE have a FAMLY ROOM and a MEDIA ROOM...AND a back yard, then why does everyone end up in MY kitchen"?
ooohhh you have a MEDIA ROOM???? I am sooo jealous..sooo impressed!!! Now, granted if you have a media room more power to ya, they look nice.. but the way she says it grates me...she looks like one of those South Orange county california....NewPort or Laguna beach women!!
buickgnx88 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buickgnx88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 8:27pm
Yeah, this commercial is so stupid. "Help me Stanley Steemer, my kids are messy and my husband is an idiot!"
ShinyGreenApple View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShinyGreenApple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 1:38am
I hate the "TOBYYYYYYY" one the most. Talk about overreacting. Idiot woman. Ever notice the carpets are always white or close to it in the Steemer ads? Anyone who gets a carpet that light knowing full well they have or plan on having a houseful of kids and pets deserves to have it messed up Tongue
flychinook View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flychinook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 1:52am
I remember this ad from a year or two ago. I was hoping it had died.

Another company on the DumbDaddy bandwagon.  *Sigh*
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 3:09am
The "TOBY!!!" ad,  from a few years ago (look further down - I posted it) remains one of the BEST advertisements I've seen in MANY years..."different strokes", I suppose. They HAD to GIVE the dog worms, I swear! They must feel lucky they were not arrested or attaced by some idiot animal rights group...
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 8:22am
Originally posted by ShinyGreenApple ShinyGreenApple wrote:

I hate the "TOBYYYYYYY" one the most. Talk about overreacting. Idiot woman. Ever notice the carpets are always white or close to it in the Steemer ads? Anyone who gets a carpet that light knowing full well they have or plan on having a houseful of kids and pets deserves to have it messed up Tongue
Yeah I always thought a white or beige carpet was a sure-fire sign you're an idiot. Even if you do the whole Mountain Dew "Barefoot Feeling" routine sooner or later it's gonna get messed up. 
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 1:01pm
Hey!  I have white carpet.  AngryLOL

It came with the house.  And, yes...it sucks.  Looks good when it's clean, though.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 1:15pm
Gotta agree about light-colored carpets - a real pain. That is why our carpet is a plesant shade of sh*t-brown.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 6:11pm

I don't have carpets. But if I did, with the rate in which I vacuum, it would be safe to say the color would be "brunette".

The artist formerly known as Madawee

blue View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 7:24pm
Light colored carpets look awesome when they're perfectly clean; but it's too difficult to keep them that way!
RichardCranium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

I don't have carpets. But if I did, with the rate in which I vacuum, it would be safe to say the color would be "brunette".

HOT.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 8:43pm
Our dog, A proud and loyal german shepherd. Had some problems in that area. But is was not worms. She is not a scooter.  It is a problem with the glands that most local vets can take care of .    Wait a minute I better go find something to hate.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic