Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Habits

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Habits
    Posted: 25 May 2008 at 12:52am
Everyone has some. Stuff you do day-in/day-out.

A few to start.
I put both kitchen paper towels and bath toilet paper so the paper always unrolls in the front.
First thing every morning, turn on the TV.

Shave, do teeth, than deoderant......in that order, every a.m.Wink 
Sponsored Links

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2008 at 2:36am
I am also certain that the toilet paper ***ALWAYS*** unrolls from the top/front.
My morning "get up" ritual on a daily basis goes something like this:

1:  Check night table clock to see if it's late enough in the AM to get up.
2:  Put on pants, shirt, and footwear.
3:  Check webmail. If there are 13, 26, 39, or 52 messages, delete one right away.
4:  Go straight to the bathroom to use toilet and gulp down a handfull of meds.
5:  Go outside for a smoke.
6:  On my way back to my room, grab a diet Mountain Dew or diet Dr. Pecker Cherry Vanilla from the fridge.
7:  See if there's any email that needs to be read before anything else.
8:  Post any necesasary updates about lighting products, lasers, and flying machines to 2 (two) other BBSs.
9:  FTP the updates so that my website is updated.
10: Post a "daily check in" message to another BBS.
11: Go to my email inbox, and remove spam and other garbage email from it.
12: If it's approaching 7:00am Pacific time, turn the boob tube on to channel 50.

And that's pretty much how I begin each & every day.

Since I'm disabled and do not have a job to go to, I generally take care of personal hygiene later in the morning.

Approximately every other day, I also get in my electric wheelchair and go to the food store and/or the drug store and/or the bank as necessary. This trip takes place at 8:33am PDT weekdays and 10:03am PDT weekends.

A rather queer thing I do is when I go outside for a smoke, I ***ALWAYS*** place my cigerette lighter down so that the silkscreened "Bic" graphic faces up and the warning label on the other side faces down.

shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2008 at 5:00am
I intentionally screw with my wife by reversing any roll that hangs in our house.

One of my habits is as soon as I hit the recliner, I grab the remote and turn my laptop on.
Tv viewing has become enmeshed with my surfing.  You would be amazed at what can happen.
was feeling nostalgic
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2008 at 4:07pm
All cans and jars of food and beverage in my refrigerator and cabinets have to face forward.  Even the cans of cat food (which also have to be evenly staggered by flavor, as if the cats care).

I have a lotta things like this.  I never used to be this way, and I'm not sure I like it. 

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2008 at 4:34pm
All paper products in our house roll from the back.

In the morning, I look at the clock, and usually groan, because it's too doggone early to get up.  Then, I hit the potty.  I then go to the kitchen, get something to drink, and get the coffee brewing.  I pour my first cup of coffee and check my email.  I take my first doses of medications.  I shower after I've been up for a couple hours.  If it's not raining, I'll head outside to work/play/enjoy.

When school is in session, I'll get up, make coffee, pop pills, shower, and get my backpack together with the necessary supplies.  This will happen in high speed.  When I'm in school, I'm more tired than usual, and I sleep as much as I can.

A habit that some people don't understand about me - I'll grocery shop for a month at a time.  I don't enjoy grocery shopping, and we have a deep-freezer.  Going to the store once a week or everyday would be a big pain to me.  I'm a home-body.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2008 at 4:54pm
We get up one at a time, usually 45 minutes to an hour apart. I don't talk to ANYBODY for the first hour; I fix the coffee and breakfast (MissyD always gets breakfast in bed) and hit the can...standard sh**, shower, and shave...once awake and walking out the door, I ALWAYS try and do something slightly different - even my path to the bus stop...to avoid 'habit' from that point forward.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2008 at 6:31pm
Must have picked this up from Al Bundy. Whether at the 'puter(except while typing) or recliner, I find myself with left hand in pants waistband.Confused

Like clockwork, 6:00pm(ish) I shower and then fix supper. Never taken an A.M. shower.
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2008 at 6:41pm
Whenever I cross my legs, I also cross my feet. I look like a freakish tangled-leg mutant. It doesn't help that I'm also five foot eight and a half, so my legs look like spider legs. I wanted to be Jackie O for Halloween, but my friends were like, "HA! Are you kidding me? Wasn't she like five foot one? You'll look like The World's Most Giant First Lady. Plus your hair is too long."
So I was a ladybug.
But you know freaking what?
ALL THE REST OF THE GIRLS WERE LADYBUGS THIS YEAR.
I was mad.
But everybody said my costume was better, so ha.

madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 4:15pm
I can assume full lotus position with no effort (that is, I don't have to "put it together" with my hands to make it happen).  And I often do.  It's comfortable and feels good on my lower back, especially when I then reach under the tangle of legs and grasp my hands around my forearms and pull myself tightly into a ball.  But having my legs and ankles and feet all tied up like a pretzel looks stupid for a 52 y/o man, so I keep it to myself.

I can also turn my feet almost entirely backwards.  And walk forward like that.

Oh, and I can get both of my legs behind my head.  Well, I haven't tried that one lately, so I don't know if I still can.

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 4:31pm
My Brother Joe could do the lotus position so you could tip him over, roll him around and even sit him on his face! We were weird kids!!LOL As for habits, I have O.C.D., so, best not list all those habits!!! I'm MUCH better than I used to be though. I'm a "checker" some things must be checked several times, it used to be, if I hit a bump in the road, I would turn back to see if I hit someone, I don't do that anymore!
Thor honey, don't be self conscious about your 52 year old lotus, just don't be surprised if people approach and ask you about the meaning of life!Wink
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

LOLLOL I'd like to see that. Just checked........I can turn mine maybe 45degrees, barely.
suenewtotx View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suenewtotx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I can assume full lotus position with no effort (that is, I don't have to "put it together" with my hands to make it happen).  And I often do.  It's comfortable and feels good on my lower back, especially when I then reach under the tangle of legs and grasp my hands around my forearms and pull myself tightly into a ball.  But having my legs and ankles and feet all tied up like a pretzel looks stupid for a 52 y/o man, so I keep it to myself.

Oh, and I can get both of my legs behind my head.  Well, I haven't tried that one lately, so I don't know if I still can.

When I was a kid, I used to be able to fold my legs into a pretzel & then walk on my knees while still in this position.  I also used to like to lie on the floor & move this one bone -- it's where the bone at the very top of the outer thigh connects to the hip bone -- in & out of place.  This is something I definitely would not try now.Ouch

One of my habits is every article of clothing in my closet has to be facing the same direction.  There is also a specific order in which I hang clothes.  For example, all shirts of the same type are together, starting with lightest color first, then ending with black.  I make myself nuts, but I love to see all my clothes organized when I open my closet.  And everything is hung on the same type of hanger -- clear acrylic.Wacko

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2008 at 12:31am
Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

My Brother Joe could do the lotus position so you could tip him over, roll him around and even sit him on his face! We were weird kids!!LOL As for habits, I have O.C.D., so, best not list all those habits!!! I'm MUCH better than I used to be though. I'm a "checker" some things must be checked several times, it used to be, if I hit a bump in the road, I would turn back to see if I hit someone, I don't do that anymore!
Thor honey, don't be self conscious about your 52 year old lotus, just don't be surprised if people approach and ask you about the meaning of life!Wink

Oh, don't worry---they'll get an earful if they do!!  LOLWink

Yep, I can do what your brother did.  Ya just form yourself into a ball, and you can be rolled!  Not very far, though.

Checking everything over and over would be a drag, but doing things totally by habit always makes me wonder if I actually did it.  This usually happens about a mile away from my house.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2008 at 12:35am
Originally posted by suenewtotx suenewtotx wrote:

When I was a kid, I used to be able to fold my legs into a pretzel & then walk on my knees while still in this position.  I also used to like to lie on the floor & move this one bone -- it's where the bone at the very top of the outer thigh connects to the hip bone -- in & out of place.  This is something I definitely would not try now.Ouch

Yep that's the lotus position.  I think you're supposed to fold your arms in a certain way or something, too.  But I don't do it for spiritual enlightenment or anything like that, so I just fold the legs up.

a diferent Mark View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a diferent Mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2008 at 5:12am
I always put the right one of a pair on first.  Right sock first, right shoe first, right glove first, etc.  Started that back when I played hockey.  Except my contact lenses.  Left one first for those.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic