Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Toyota Sienna: Mommy/Daddy Like

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote applepiemommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 3:52am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Some friends of mine went the mini-van route in 2002 after they had their first kid.  The thing turned into a pig sty real fast.  Food and candy and toys and stains in every nook and cranny.

My folks' cars never looked like that.  Eating in the car was forbidden.  Maybe there's something about mini-vans that says anything goes.

I have a minivan and that's exactly what it looks like. It's disgusting. My husband has had his Rav4 for 15 years and it looks great. Because the kids aren't often in his car, they don't eat in the car. Honestly, when you're running around it's not practical to say "No food in the car."

Each of my kids has destroyed one car. But, now that my youngest is older, I think I might be able to have a normal, nice-looking car!!
What does Dr Traci have to say about it? http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Dr-Traci
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 2:55pm
When my friends told me they got some food/beverage heater/cooler thing that they plug in so that their kids can have a mini-kitchen on trips longer than an hour, I said "You're joking, right?".  I think they were offended.
applepiemommy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote applepiemommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 3:01pm
Last time I cleaned out the car, I found ketchup on the roof. I'm like, "Guys. Seriously. You're kidding me, right?" Mommy no-like.
What does Dr Traci have to say about it? http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Dr-Traci
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2010 at 3:01pm
I went on over to the Toyota channel link and gave my 2 cents. Then someone replied with a typical "you just don't get it" type of reply. Then I replied to them saying I DO get it because I'm a marketing student and that doesn't save it from being a stupid ad and what happens? Toyota deletes it! I guess they don't like criticism huh! What a terrible company.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2010 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

I went on over to the Toyota channel link and gave my 2 cents. Then someone replied with a typical "you just don't get it" type of reply. Then I replied to them saying I DO get it because I'm a marketing student and that doesn't save it from being a stupid ad and what happens? Toyota deletes it! I guess they don't like criticism huh! What a terrible company.

We just don't get it, huh, Toyota?  Well, you can be assured I will never buy one of your sh*tty cars.  You just don't get ME.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 3:37am
It wasn't Toyota who replied, it was some other youtube goon. It's odd because there are other complaints and stuff but they chose to remove that ONE comment I made out of like 3.
Pez View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 8:14pm
It seems...sarcastic. Are they trying to sell me a car so I can pretend that I'm cool when I'm not, for irony's sake, like these people? Is Toyota trying to tap the irony-worshipping hipster market? ...What?
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 9:14pm
I get the impression that the Japanese do not understand criticism when they know they did everything by the books.....even if it was wrong.    
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 12:26am
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

I get the impression that the Japanese do not understand criticism when they know they did everything by the books.....even if it was wrong.    
Gimme a break, Hooty! The Japabusineseeze are generally 'robotic' by nature; they try, they do not grasp 'cultural correctness'; we only taught them to understand the grasping of  the 'almighty dollar' much too wrongly - and they ran with it - all the way until today.  
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 3:18am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

It wasn't Toyota who replied, it was some other youtube goon. It's odd because there are other complaints and stuff but they chose to remove that ONE comment I made out of like 3.

I'm sure it was a Toyota liason.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

mttyflynn View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mttyflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 9:10am

What the hell is wrong with these pretentious assholes? The David Cross Bitch of a man?

That vacant la-la-gaggling wife…

This is why god created infertility he did not want Douche bags like these to breed, to fill a Sienna Mini-van!

After a good dose of Chris Berman and Progressive's Squealy-Yes man, and the Staples Screamers. I want to pull the rest of my hair out.

(Thank you for moving my post to its proper home...I really thought I was the only one who hated these commercials.)

We've stopped Chris Berman's douche-y whoop, we've stopped the Velvetta "LIQUID GOOOOOOOOLD" a$$hole, now we have to stop the Beady-eyed nasal voiced Paxson chic!
ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 7:14pm
I'm sorry, I don't get the food-in-the-car thing.
My parents both worked full time and drove carpool and drove to t-ball/soccer/baseball/basketball/bar-mitzvah practice,
and there was never food allowed in the car.
Eat during mealtimes and have snacks at home.
Why does every day have to be prepared for like a camping trip for some parents?
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 7:34pm
The only time meals were allowed in our car was when we went on long trips, and this was because my parents always brought food with us in order to save money and eat healthier. It also didn't take me long to learn that I had to bring something along to entertain myself (a book most likely, but god forbid kids these get encouraged to read in the car Ermm) because most of what my parents talked about was the geology of whatever area we were going through (and since they were both geologists, most of this I did not understand until I was older LOL).
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 8:00pm
These ads are seriously starting to get on my last nerve.
The Sienna isn't an attractive "family can" - and the fine gray color they keep sporting (must be the lone model for all of their commercials) isn't as neutral as it is boring.
...and, well - oh, yea - the 'Dad' needs to have his butt kicked for general purposes. He really jerks my chain. Nope! Don't like him a bit! 
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Duffin View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 12:40am
You know what really bugs me? That guy's beard! It's disgusting! He's got more hair on his face than on his head and it takes up so much of his face that it almost looks fake. It distracts me more than anything else. He looks like a homeless person. Some people just shouldn't have facial hair and he's one of them.
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 12:42am
It's kind of gross when he says, "it's as if someone bottled up my essence and poured it on the car."
This is because essence has other meanings. Dead Antiquated ones, but still! GROSS!
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 12:58am
Originally posted by Duffin Duffin wrote:

You know what really bugs me? That guy's beard! It's disgusting! He's got more hair on his face than on his head and it takes up so much of his face that it almost looks fake. It distracts me more than anything else. He looks like a homeless person. Some people just shouldn't have facial hair and he's one of them.
LOL
Thank you Duffin! You *perfectly* psychoanalyzed that p.o.s. father from the commercial. YOU may have just said every word I wish I could have thought of - I'm in tears! 
...and to think - they lead you to believe he was allowed to reproduce!

ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 5:22am
Originally posted by Duffin Duffin wrote:

I'm pretty sure the guy in these ads is "Brian," the husband half of the couple in many of the classic Sonic Drive-In commercials. I've wondered if Sonic contractually required him to disguise himself in other ads (especially ones as idiotic as this) so he wouldn't be so recognizable as "the Sonic guy."
Hundreds of threads killed.
ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 5:33pm
I recognize him from the many many many videos he appears in on The Onion, as a panelist on the "In the Know With Clifford Baines" segments.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 1:19am
UGH, I'm tired of this commercial series the music is enough to make me go homicidal, the smugness is the mom as gag worthy.Thumbs%20Down
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 2:08am
Bad grammar is only sexy in people who speak English as a second language.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 1:42am
That woman's oversized jaw is offensive. LOL
Hammerstrike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammerstrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 1:16am
Thoughts on the Toyota Sienna Commercial:

Just One.....(yes, I am Back!.....Heh, heh, heh......)

Why, oh why couldn't THIS be the Family to get a Sienna with the Toyota "Super Random Acceleration with NO Brake" option???

I would want that option to go off.....

Not with the kids in the car.....

Not with the Clueless Idiot Husband.......

Just at the RIGHT moment where the "mother?" says how much she "cried herself to sleep" owning a minivan. until she "discovered" The SIENNA.....ew....

She should hit the accel.....and go careening off the highest cliff at high speed (and take Toyota's Top Execs AND the Stupid Commercial Writers WITH HER!!!!

Oh, and This Commercial is way worse than the Levi's Walt Whitman Debacle.....

To The Pitchforks and Torches, Villagers!!!   Storm the Castle of ToyotaStein before it's too late!!!!

Hammerstrike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammerstrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 1:24am
On Second Thought.....the "Husband" COULD use a fun filled ride down the cliff....er..."across the countryside"...as well!

bobwilson1977 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobwilson1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 7:11pm
 Yes, this is an old post, but man- I am getting tired of seeing these ads. First of all, while I wouldn't exactly call the Mom "Hot"- as she has wayyyyy too much makeup caked on her face and she's also rather shrill and annoying, this- along with tons of other ads shows what appears to be a grossly mis-matched couple. Sure- this one isn't as bad as others where some supermodel is dating some balding loser guy, but seriously- the Dad in the ad doesn't look at all like the type of guy a woman like this would go for.

Moving on, I also hate this ad because the Mom is sort of mean to the guy. The one where she's basically hanging out in the Van because her kids and Husband are annoying is ridiculous. Finally.... "Mommy Like"? Seriously? What better way to sell a minivan than use 2 year old speak- and incorrect grammar to boot...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic