Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Songs I Have Ever Heard

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2008 at 1:23am
Was getting around to it, Pa. Ya, I posted that one before......this one too.
The Outlaws and Tucker are my fav southern rock bands.

Sponsored Links

NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2008 at 1:27am
Billy Corgan's voice isn't that great, but this song is pretty cool.

I have 168 characters remaining.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2008 at 11:34pm
Something "Halloweenish" from Stevie Ray

britastar View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britastar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2008 at 3:33am
I just dare you not to move some part of your body to this....or at least want to..c'mon...shake your booty!!!!

Infectious GROOVE FOR SURE!!!!

Yo Tiz!!!  Don't know if you'll read this but I met one of Marshall Tucker's roadies a few years back...and it was one of the funnest nights of my life!!!  Hah!  Who knew?
Always loved the Outlaws and Tucker as well.
ilikestupidadssoshutup-MrsHill   

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2008 at 7:57pm
^^^It's been a few years since I've seen any of them play. Tucker, Outlaws, Molly Hatchet or the like would always be playing in one of those little bars in Virginia Beach.Clap

You catch them in concert or something up your way?
britastar View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britastar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2008 at 2:49am
I saw the Outlaws like YEARS ago in a bar near my hometown in PA...it was a big biker joint, and they just used to play these little bars every so often in and around the area. 

Marshall Tucker...didn't actually see the band, but they were doing something down here...maybe AC?.....at the time.  I was with a bunch of friends at a bar on the beach down here and he was just there partying.  They are touring with Lynyrd Skynyrd in the next year.  The Simple Man Tour.
ilikestupidadssoshutup-MrsHill   

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2008 at 5:20pm

Mark-Almond Band (NOT Marc Almond)...what a wonderful group that evolved and crossed musical styles through time - this is one of the close-to-the-end pieces (their version of 'New York State of Mind', from the same album, is probably the VERY BEST VERSION - BY ANYONE - I've EVER heard). I haven't been able to find it anywhere...nor, another from the same album, "The Ghetto" (a great cut; seems inspired by Gil Scott-Heron - second offering, below).

"The Bottle" - Gil Scott-Heron; A VERY applicable piece of music; still applicable TODAY - simply change 'the bottle' to something else (pick your poison)...

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2008 at 8:58pm
Blackfoot.....'highway song'

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2008 at 8:06pm

Kool and the Gang's "celebrate."

Been nice Bush... 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2008 at 12:12am
...I'm thinkin' I found a few...everyone should enjoy.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2008 at 12:21am
...belive it or not...MORE Ry Cooder! (THIS WAS AN INCREDIBLE EFFORT!!! - first the documentary - BUT CATCH THE SECOND CUT!)

(the ad...the U.S. Gov't won't let me go until 'things change', dammit! I STILL want to see Hemmingway's Place...find a way to live and learn the world...) 

DON'T MISS THIS!!!! Simply wonderful.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2008 at 1:45am
Phil Collins
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 2:01am
Can't help it...was 70 - a beautiful day, today!

Johnny Rivers

Young Rascals...

Temptations
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 8:31pm
Stevie Ray and the Fabulous TBirds.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 3:10pm
Jimbo's Tune...by Timbuk 3

I remember snatching this album the second it hit the shelf.

Don't know how it didn't make it here until now...

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2008 at 2:08am
'Extreme Ways' - Moby
Sort of puts the last 30 years of our fun into a level of perspective...
 ...and why we are 'retired' (should be NO mystery) - yet our oldest three (2 girls, 1 boy) are carrying on the 'family  tradition'....our youngest two watch closely, all the time...and MissyDWolf STILL goes back, on an 'on-call-basis'...old saying..."If we've showed up at your door - chances are, you did something very, very wrong to bring us there..."

Be concerned.

aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2008 at 2:28am
No Matter What by Badfinger.  Such an underrated band.  And I also like the fact that they lived in the Golders Green section of London for many years and so did I!  Spooky!

"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 12:37am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvAVJTQeFiQ

Talk Talk.....It's My Life
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2008 at 2:52am

NO ARGUMENT. WHATSOEVER!

JUST saw her perform this live this about 7:30 A.M, this very morning, in Rockefeller Center...literally dragged me to my knees - after ALL these years...a THEME for the wimmins.
 "MissyDWolf's Song"Clap - a song for those that RESPECT their Woman.

...and, well, inasmuch I should NOT get any kick out of the following. well it VERY READILY could represent ALL THREE of out girls )some have seen ONE of them, thus why I post no more)...and I would not be mad at them...
If it were our girls, they are all different 'shades'Big%20smile...
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2008 at 6:35pm
Chrissie Hynde "2000 Miles".........a little Christmasy

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2008 at 3:39am
Rivers of Babylon by Boney M.  I just put it into my iTunes from Youtube.  Otherwise, it's unavailable.

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2009 at 9:23pm
I just found this gem. 

Marmalade doing Reflections of My Life live.  This is not lip-synched as evidenced by the drums overpowering the guitars.  This is the real deal.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2009 at 10:18pm
Musicman, I have that song on a compilation.  What a depressing song.  "The world is, a sad place, a bad place, a terrible place to live".

A while back, I saw a NY Times review of the Rhino Have a Nice Day compilations of one-hit wonders of the 1970's.  The writer noted how many of those songs are absolutely some of the darkest, most depressing pop songs ever.

Kinda true.  Most are pretty bleak, including the one you posted.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2009 at 10:47pm
...posted the live version of this in another topic, last night. Something Thor said brought this one back; it took YEARS for me to forget this one - and...now I feel not unlike a junkie who has been clean for 30 years, only to have a one-night slip and lose it all.
I listened to it once, last night...then again...and again.
I've done it a few times, today (just 'doubled up' a few moments ago)...go ahead - don't be ashamed - sing along.
I guess its o.k., even though MissyDWolf is NOT a TW fan...

...and a few more from that classic album...

(here's the link since I've a possible imbedding problem - for the next one, which I dearly love - was pretty much my 'short single life', when I was young and hung around pool halls and piano bars, late into the evening: I'd swear I even KNOW some of these places in the video other than 'Waffle House' - nobody has ever been THERE, right? )

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2009 at 10:55pm
You're goin' waaaay back with this Tom Waits song, Pa.  I'm glad that he's still around.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>
  Share Topic