Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sonic: Stupid Wisconsin Spokesgirl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sonic: Stupid Wisconsin Spokesgirl
    Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 3:16am
I liked it better when Sonic didn't have someone pitching to you. Now they have this oddball blond car hop talking about toaster sandwiches with the most annoying Wisconsin accent ever. The way she says "toaster" makes me want to claw at the TV. She's also not a very good spokesperson, it seems like they just picked a random car hop and told them to talk to the camera. At least have one that's charismatic and lacks an annoying accent. Or better yet, go back to the people in cars talking.
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 3:19am
Ugh sounds bad why did they do this?

Glad I'm missing it.

BTW it's accent not accident. Wink
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 3:29am
I miss the old Sonic ads with the people in the car.

Those things were hilarious!!

I guess they started asking for too much money or something.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
flychinook View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flychinook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 7:48pm
I've yet to figure out what a Wisconsin accent is... Whenever somebody tries to describe it to me they end up sounding like somebody from Boston.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 8:55pm
Watch "Fargo"....it's close.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 11:05pm
...'Wisconsin accent' sounds like watered-down CanEnglish (Canadian English).
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 11:33pm
C,mon  wheres the video.  I need to see this being a transplanted Wisconsin resident.  Yea they talk funny here.  But today they are spearing prehistoric fish.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 1:59am
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

...Yea they talk funny here.  But today they are spearing prehistoric fish.
uh oh...you must be from Appleton! (Lutefisk, anyone?)
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 2:27am
Hey! Some of 'round here actually talk like that!Wink

"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
RichardCranium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 3:30am
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Watch "Fargo"....it's close.

I was going to suggest watching that, and then real quickly switching to a scene from Escanaba In Da Moonlight, combining the two would be just right.

I always wondered why Happy Days and Laverne & Shirley were supposed to be in Wisconsin, Richie sounds like he's from northeast Indiana and Laverne sounds like she's from Brooklyn.
youabear View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 8:10am
Is that what that accent is??? I thought I was going crazy. I knew there was something about the way she talked..

And yes, Fargo is the "mother of all" accents that will drive you up the wallDead

MrButler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Formerly Angry Lil Fat Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrButler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 8:39pm
never seen it. We get a few Sonic commercials here its usually the ones with the people in the drive thru... We don't even have Sonic in Maine.
NicoleennA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NicoleennA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 10:11pm
I agree, this commercial makes me want to blow chunks into my Pineapple Shake. Dead 

Somebody who had some kind of experience in public speaking would be more pleasant to listen to. Her speech is slow, disjointed, and just plain painful to my ears.  
ironwolf56 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ironwolf56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 5:41am
Hey a fellow Mainer!  yeah the closest Sonic is in Pennsylvania or something so why they show it here?  Not a clue.  But I'm glad this topic was already here because I came to post about how that girl's accent is like nails on a chalkboard!  Tuxus Toooast.
meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 6:24pm
This girls accent annoyed me as well...it is like nails on the chalkboard!  I only saw this commercial once.  Once was enough!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 12:07am

Is this the girl you're talking about?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 1:47am
...all this 'ClapTrapYap' about a lil' girl that's about to serve ya a burger...
Maybe Sonic "shops local" for their talent.
That would make her a sweet little niave 16-year old from a nice little finishing school from somewhere around Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Nice accent.
Kinda 'Catholic', doncha know, cancha tell...

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 1:48am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Is this the girl you're talking about?

It must be.  Horrible voice.  I didn't like these commercials to begin with, but with the added annoying chick on skates, it's even worse.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 4:01am
I definitely agree...I hate the new commercials with the carhop. I like the quirkiness, but I preferred it a lot more when it was just the voiceover talking about the meal.

The cheery carhop skating in is just annoying.
The poster formerly known as producer757
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 5:57pm
Again...*I* think she's from a very nice, private Oklahoma City Baptist Girls' 'Finishing School'...and, to many of the unsophisticated lower-class, she has learned how to talk 'juuuuust wrong'.
youabear View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Again...*I* think she's from a very nice, private Oklahoma City Baptist Girls' 'Finishing School'...and, to many of the unsophisticated lower-class, she has learned how to talk 'juuuuust wrong'.

Is that sarcasm?Disapprove :p
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by youabear youabear wrote:

Most certainly! (pretty much) 
youabear View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 7:37pm

Originally posted by youabear youabear wrote:

Most certainly! (pretty much) 

Phew! Cool
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 1:28am
ARGH her voice is GRATING on me, I want to take a hard object and bash it against the screen HARD whenever I hear it.

DUMP THE GIRL ALREADY!
Geezer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 3:40pm
Here in Texas, we don't hear the cheesehead accent very often, so it's kind of novel. I noticed the accent the first time I saw this commercial, but couldn't put my finger on the accent. Sounded vaguely minnesota-ish to me. I like her voice, it has just enough huskiness to give it some character. :) I'm pretty sure that girl's NOT from Oklahoma, even tho' Sonic is based there. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic