Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Meow Mix Cat on the countertop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meow Mix Cat on the countertop
    Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 6:06am
This ad must be brand new.  I couldn't find it in search or on Youtube.

It shows a woman feeding her cat a non-Meow Mix brand cat food.  The cat gets mad and then knocks over the food with its tail.  Mind you, the woman fed the cat by putting the food in a regular cup, not a cat food dish.  Of course, the glass cup falls off of the counter as dramatically as possible and it breaks with the noise of a window shattering.

And, as a cat owner, I cringe at this: the cat was sitting on the darn kitchen counter!  Angry Dead Shocked Confused Unhappy What the hell?  I can't believe they'd make it appear okay to have cats on the countertops.  That's one habit that is hard to curb once a cat realizes that they are allowed to do that, not to mention it is very unsanitary.  All they needed to do to complete it all was to place a litterbox on the counter next to the cat.  I'm sure they do this for the whole "Oh, i'm so sophisticated that my little precious do-no-wrong cat can go on the counters!" attitude, but come on...it is NOT something that should be advertised as acceptable!
Sponsored Links

Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 6:10am
Yeah, that's not a place where you want a cat's naked butt.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Virginia Dare View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 4:34pm
An indoor cat uses a litterbox.  The cat's 4 paws have been IN said litterbox several times a day.  The cat WALKS on your bed and your tabletops and floors.  And yes, their little butts are pressed up on all these surfaces, too.  Other than NOT ownng a cat--I'll live with paw and butt germs.  Try to tell a cat what to do.  They're adorable assholes.  They do whatever the hell they want!  Tongue

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
bunnyhead View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Bannned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunnyhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 4:35pm
Or his litter box covered paws.  Yum...cat poopy on your turkey sandwich!!Thumbs%20Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 4:57pm
Who cuts sandwiches directly on the counter top?  I always use a cutting board or plate.Tongue

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by Virginia Dare Virginia Dare wrote:

An indoor cat uses a litterbox.  The cat's 4 paws have been IN said litterbox several times a day.  The cat WALKS on your bed and your tabletops and floors.  And yes, their little butts are pressed up on all these surfaces, too.  Other than NOT ownng a cat--I'll live with paw and butt germs.  Try to tell a cat what to do.  They're adorable assholes.  They do whatever the hell they want!  Tongue

Yeah, that is the cute aspect of cats. And the annoying aspect. You could be playing chess and they go, why are you not paying attention to MEEEEEEEEEE? and they sit their furry bodies on the board.
I love cats. Rabbits can also be annoyingly cute. Rabbits tend to mean  fur EVERYWHERE! It makes it hard to wear all black.
Without hurting me,
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 5:46pm

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 9:11pm
Tulip is allowed only on chairs, the washer for her food is there to keep the dog away and a place for her to escape from said dog when she is being pesky and this high up shelf in the utility room that has little use. Other than that she is a floor cat. No bed, no couch. She prefers weird random cubby holes and boxes anyway.
For many reasons as stated, but yes the exposed sphincter of a cat. Watch them sit, they don't tuck that tail in, no they use that thing as a kick stand to lean back and rest their merry little buttholes on every surface they can find.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 11:08pm
It shows a woman feeding her cat a non-Meow Mix brand cat food.  The cat gets mad and then knocks over the food with its tail.  Mind you, the woman fed the cat by putting the food in a regular cup, not a cat food dish.  Of course, the glass cup falls off of the counter as dramatically as possible and it breaks with the noise of a window shattering.
Serves that lady right by using a glass cup. My cat watches as I fix her food on the counter but shes never attempted jumping up there nor on the kitchen bar table.
Even if I pick her up and set her on that bar(that has a window looking out), she jumps off as soon as I let go.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 11:17pm
nananananaaaaaaaaa...
If'n a cat's on the countertop, it's "DINNER", plain and simple.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 11:37pm
I thought this ad was funny.  It could only be funnier if the cat showed even more displeasure by sh*tting in her shoes.... LOL
dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 12:19am
Originally posted by jeroboam jeroboam wrote:

For many reasons as stated, but yes the exposed sphincter of a cat. Watch them sit, they don't tuck that tail in, no they use that thing as a kick stand to lean back and rest their merry little buttholes on every surface they can find.

LOL @ 'kick stand.'  But it is true.  Excuse my 'disgustingness', If you have two cats near each other, watch one get up from sitting like that...the other cat would immediately smell the floor where the cat was sitting because they know what was touching there! Dead  And don't forget, as much as cats clean themselves, they don't 100% clean themselves down there after a restroom break, and that is what is being pressed against the floor when they sit like that.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 3:21am
Originally posted by dp7 dp7 wrote:

Originally posted by jeroboam jeroboam wrote:

LOL @ 'kick stand.'  But it is true.  Excuse my 'disgustingness', If you have two cats near each other, watch one get up from sitting like that...the other cat would immediately smell the floor where the cat was sitting because they know what was touching there! Dead  And don't forget, as much as cats clean themselves, they don't 100% clean themselves down there after a restroom break, and that is what is being pressed against the floor when they sit like that.

Soooooo.....do you have a solution to this "problem" of exposed anal openings of domestic animals-- or do you just like to complain about their lack of boxers/panties and their poor personal hygiene?  Cool

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
TeamEdward1976 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 5:27am
That's why cats should be outdoors and not in the house.They can do whatever the hell they want outside.
Julie
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by TeamEdward1976 TeamEdward1976 wrote:

That's why cats should be outdoors and not in the house.They can do whatever the hell they want outside.

Including but limited to: 

Getting killed by being mauled by other animals, run over and/or poisoned.

Getting fleas and other diseases.

Getting sprayed by skunks.

Who lets the cats out?   People who don't love them, that's who. 

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
IceFroggyFrog View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceFroggyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 6:26pm
VirginiaDare, don't forget stolen/cruelly mistreated by human beings/accidentally or deliberately shot with various things/exposed to extreme cold and heat, wonders too far and gets lost, etc. etc. etc.

Just think of all the germs and poop residue and other random slop we bring in the house on our shoes, or even hands and clothes.

At least cats do lick their butts to clean them. I say just vaccuum and deal with it. Cats and people have been living together for hundreds of years and residual butt exposure hasn't done us in yet.

But to say something more on topic... how about the fact that there's glass everywhere after the cat breaks it, that can get in her paws? I'd be more concerned with getting it swept up than getting out the Meow Mix.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 7:03pm
Yeah, cats may be pretty tough in terms of hunting, but they are better off indoors. The life of an outdoor cat is often short and sad.
Without hurting me,
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 7:05pm
^^^ Don't worry, the cat is getting all that glass up now.Wink
TeamEdward1976 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 10:01pm
I love cats and dogs!I just don't want them in the house.
Julie
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by IceFroggyFrog IceFroggyFrog wrote:

Just think of all the germs and poop residue and other random slop we bring in the house on our shoes, or even hands and clothes.

EXACTLY. There are things proven to be laden with bacteria.  The kitchen sponge and interior of the sink.  And on the news recently-- they took bacteria counts of the bottom of women's  handbags--gross!  They said for ladies to keep their bags off the counters.  Your purse's bottom  is dirtier than your cat's bottom!  Confused

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 11:13pm
What I can't stand is that the cat looks like the Fancy Feast Cat.
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 11:22pm
Another sequel scene to the ad:

"Honey?! The cat left you a present on your pillow!  And it's not a mint...."
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Another sequel scene to the ad:

"Honey?! The cat left you a present on your pillow!  And it's not a mint...."
Seriously...how would you know? 'Smell' alone can be deceiving...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 2:32am
My cat's indoors has been for 9 years now, but she isn't on anything above a chair (except for the two earlier posted areas)
As for the whole kitty butt kisses theory, I stand by it.
People can knowlingly share other examples of dirty as or dirtier areas and objects but why would I consciously allow something to occur in my life and environment if I knew if grossed me out?
"Man there are grosser things than drinking from a toilet bowl, just imagine how gross it is to suck on a used kitchen sponge!"
"Oh you are right, so I guess I will drink from toilet bowls"

nope.

Oh and aside from keeping tulip alive and healthy by having her be an indoor cat, I like to think I am maybe doing my part in preserving rarer and more obscure song birds in the area.

Rantalicious View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rantalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 2:59am
My cats are all indoor-only, and along with that comes inconveniences and annoyances that are just part of natural cat behavior.  They can be trained, sort of, but I have found that if a cat doesn't do something that irritates people, it has a lot more to do with the cat's individual preferences than the wishes of humans.

Everybody has different tolerance levels for being "kissed" by domesticated animals and some of their gross (to us) behaviors.  The best thing to do is get a pet compatible with your expectations and temperament.  If you want a trainable, compliant pet, get a dog.  If you have expensive furniture, and damage to it would end your life, don't get anything with claws, beaks, nails, teeth, or saliva.  Hate pet hair on your clothes?  Don't get a pet with any type of hair!

If you ever have a chance, ask someone who works at a shelter or rescue what kind of idiotic reasons people give for relinquishing or returning animals.  It's an eye-opener, and a heartbreaker.  Most of it involves people who believe that their laundry lists of unacceptable animal behavior can somehow alter the course of evolution.

The ad is pretty blah and kind of dumb.  I like the Meow Mix piano-playing cat better!

Ally

Every time a bad ad hits the airwaves...the terrorists win!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic