Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX And SEX!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX And SEX!
    Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 2:33am
I am getting sooooooo tired of hearing this word EVERYWHERE and ALL THE TIME on tv shows and in commercials.  Don't get me wrong....I love the stuff...Big%20smile.....but I don't need to HEAR about it every 10 seconds!  Angry 

Rant Over.  For now.LOL 

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
Sponsored Links

Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 3:39am
Sexual sexy sex is sexy, yo. 
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Asnotseenontv View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asnotseenontv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 11:09pm
Television's SEXIEST New Drama!Angry

"Entertainment weekly calls it sexy and sophisticated."

Sexiest car of the year!Ouch

Yeah. The word is way overused, and it creeps me out when people describe cars as sexy.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 11:27pm
ConfusedI'm simply very f'k'n confused by this f'kin thread...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 4:50am
Sexy sexiest sex sex you'll ever sexiest sex you've had.LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Grant View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 3:13pm

Anyone who complains about that to me is preaching to the choir, but not about that word, about any given word or thing or subject. Especially if the word has a hundred synonyms, and any given person (including, yes, TV writers) knows dozens of them. And that's obviously true of "sex" and "sexy" and so on. Sure, some of the synonyms still aren't allowed on regular TV, and some are such "cute" euphemisms that they bother a lot of people, but even if you were to take those away,  it would still leave a big number.

One of my least favorite phrases in the history of TV is "have / having sex." And again, it has zero to do with the subject, and everything to do with how "dry" a phrase it is to be used in entertainment so often. As I said some time ago, it reminds me of the "Wild and Crazy Guys" routine on SNL, except that in that routine it was supposed to sound stilted, because the characters were speaking in stilted English and only thought it sounded very natural. Countless other TV writers use it in the same stilted way, but you can tell they're not trying to!! They're actually trying to make that dry, dry phrase sound funny in a comedy or dramatic in a drama, and (to me, at least) it usually isn't!!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 3:36pm

...been desensitized for quite a while now....guess I'll blame it on James Brown.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 5:00pm
o.k.o.k.o.k....now THIS is just so wrong in so many ways:
Image:%20Man%20and%20love%20doll
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 6:08pm
EEEP
One those those REAL DOLLS?!?!?!

That would be... what's the word I'm looking for...? Well, no way I'd want to date a guy with one of those.... Those are creepy.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 6:45pm
LOLYuppers! Right!
Guess he just needed a "woman" who could keep her mouth open and brain closed...
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 7:29pm
Why does a love doll need glasses?

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

LOLIf it isn't due to 'intelligence', then, well...I'd suspect that it keeps the 'Magic Eraser' from wiping off the 'ink' and destroying "its" face. 
momo View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 4:56am
I'm sick of it too...But the word "Sex" and anything related to that word is one of the top attention getters in advertising. The reason it's printed in bold letters or mentioned is because the company wants the viewer/ customer to buy their product instead of the other competitors. Smart strategy but way over used and getting annoying.
JasonTKD View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonTKD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 5:45am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Sexy sexiest sex sex you'll ever sexiest sex you've had.LOL

....So THAT'S what those Smurfs were really saying!!
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 9:26pm
Did he order the "creeped out, what am I doing here?" face for his doll?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by jeroboam jeroboam wrote:

Did he order the "creeped out, what am I doing here?" face for his doll?
He *could* be the first 'person' to be rejected by a blow-up doll...wonder if he cried when it happened?
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 2:00am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

The doll's look says "Get me the hell away from this freak!"
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Virginia Dare View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 2:58am

To get to the other side? 

Hold up her pants?

Cool  LOL

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

The doll's look says "Get me the hell away from this freak!"

OR

"I'm going to rip this guys head off after this pictures taken"

OR

"This guy needs to get laid, seriously"

OR

"smiling now you asshole just wait until I put your head in the microwave!"

OR

"GET THIS GUY AWAY FROM ME!!!11!!!"
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Virginia Dare Virginia Dare wrote:

To get to the other side? 

Cool  LOL

LOLLOL

Grant View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 3:19pm
Getting back to my (and Virginia Dare's) complaint, I have  a very good example of it. One time on a sitcom, I heard characters use that dry phrase "have sex" about three times in the same scene, and I cringed each time. And again, not because of the subject, but because I kept thinking "Get another phrase, for chrissake!"
The funny thing is, in the very next scene a character use the word "whoring," and that didn't bother me a bit, and I even laughed at the line it was used in. Obviously not because that expression's more polite that the other one - it's considered just the opposite - but because it's a more "colorful" one, and one that comedies haven't beaten into the ground yet.
bunnyhead View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Bannned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunnyhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 5:58am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

[QUOTE=PaWolf]o.k.o.k.o.k....now THIS is just so wrong in so many ways:

Isn't this from the show Taboo?  This guy said that he never had a relationship with an "organic" woman.  HAHAHA

Is it just me or does he look like he might not like girls at all, organic or not?

OR

"I'm going to rip this guys head off after this pictures taken"

OR

"This guy needs to get laid, seriously"

OR

"smiling now you asshole just wait until I put your head in the microwave!"

OR

"GET THIS GUY AWAY FROM ME!!!11!!!"
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 6:22am

Ya know, now that I look back at this, I really, seriously think "she" 'needs some sun'. He probably should take "her" to 'Club Med'.
Let's say he did - would she fly 'first class', or 'baggage'?
Now picture the 'lovely couple' enjoying the beach front...if the unfortunate thing happened and "she" got swept out to sea by the waves, think he would panic?
Would the lifeguard would  go get "her" - and if he did, would there be a 'price to pay' after "she" 'thanked' the lifeguard?
Could this lovely couple end up on 'Maury', or 'Divorce Court' (note the rubber wedding ring he is wearing)? 

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 2:51pm
Pa, I've heard of people using them as decoys in their cars, to make it look like they're complying with laws re having enough people in their cars to be able to drive in the carpool lane.

I'm guessing some just like having the company, though.  Y'know---someone to talk with, laugh with,  cry with, share special moments with, etc, on the way to work.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 7:38pm
Springer probably covered that already.Wink
Today on Jerry Springer: Men who cheated on their wives with love dolls........ and why.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic